Gold Rush - Season 6 | The Boneyard

Gold Rush - Season 6

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Gold Rush is by far my favorite reality show. I really look forward to Friday nights during the season.

Interesting start to the year. I love Parker finally getting over on Tony. You gotta pull for a 21 year old kid who owns two D10s. When I was 19, 20, 21, I was learning how to tap a keg with little to no foam. He's running a freakin multi million dollar gold mine.

Tony is such an interesting character. I really hate him. Then I see him interacting with his family and he becomes totally likable.

It's going to be interesting to see Cheeseman putting up with Tony's language.

And then you have the Hoffmans - and the inevitable idiotic move to screw up something that is working.... Actually, I think they'll have a good season but I doubt they reach their goal.

Is this a favorite for anyone else?

Reaction Score
Gold Rush is by far my favorite reality show. I really look forward to Friday nights during the season.

Interesting start to the year. I love Parker finally getting over on Tony. You gotta pull for a 21 year old kid who owns two D10s. When I was 19, 20, 21, I was learning how to tap a keg with little to no foam. He's running a freakin multi million dollar gold mine.

Tony is such an interesting character. I really hate him. Then I see him interacting with his family and he becomes totally likable.

And then you have the Hoffmans - and the inevitable idiotic move to screw up something that is working.... Actually, I think they'll have a good season but I doubt they reach their goal.

Parker has some serious sack to do that to tony. Although he has some virgin ground now it will be hard sledding for him with a hodge podge crew. At least he got Rick back.

Leave it to Hoffman to bite off more than he can chew. Dave is supposed to be in charge when it comes to mining and I thought that was the stipulation of him becoming an owner. Dave needs to step on Todd a little bit to take the operation down the right road. Should be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score

My favorite show too. I actually like Tony the best, I don't see what there is to hate. Everything that Parker would complain about was written into their contract. Parker sometimes just wants to do what he wants but he is on Tony's land.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My favorite show too. I actually like Tony the best, I don't see what there is to hate. Everything that Parker would complain about was written into their contract. Parker sometimes just wants to do what he wants but he is on Tony's land.
Things like not giving him better land when it's sitting there unused and making Parker work land that's already been worked, putting something in the contract about him not being able to mine at Big Nugget just to spite him, or making him mine bad dirt when better dirt was nearby - that kind of stuff. The thing he did last season where the % went up instead of down after a certain amount was a move, but that's on Parker for not reading it himself, or getting it read by someone who knows gold contracts. Maybe he's trying to teach him things, but he does it in a weird way.

But Tony is so freakin charismatic that he is tough not to like.

One other thing that bugs me about the production is how they keep making it seem like Tony is betting his entire livelihood on the dredge when he is getting paid from so many different sources plus he has his own regular mine that produces oodles of gold. It's kind of cheesey. Sure, he's risking a couple million on the venture, but it wouldn't change his life if it failed. In one of the earlier seasons, Parker visits Tony's mine before Tony was a regular and he was pulling 1000 ounces a week or something like that.

It's still the best reality show on TV because no matter how they edit or produce conflict into it, the miners are still doing whatever they can to get as much gold as they can and that's what the bottom line is - get gold in the pan.

Reaction Score
My 9 y/o son loves this show! His dream is that me, his grandfather and a buddy of mine all move up to the Yukon with him to mine for gold! It's hysterical how he thinks this could be a real option..... The show has definately sucked him in but I enjoy spending time with him watching it as well.

Reaction Score
The part I really love is that it is a hit show about strip mining. They made strip mining lovable and fun. I'm surprised the show hasn't been picketed or boycotted.

Oh, and Todd Hoffman is a complete idiot. I wouldn't let him near a Tonka truck.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My 9 y/o son loves this show! His dream is that me, his grandfather and a buddy of mine all move up to the Yukon with him to mine for gold! It's hysterical how he thinks this could be a real option..... The show has definately sucked him in but I enjoy spending time with him watching it as well.
So what is stopping you? You have to be smarter than Todd.

Reaction Score
Todd has an uncanny ability to sell water to a well... He reminds me of the old west cure all syrum sales man.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Our family loves this show too. Well, I mean - myself and my 7 and 9 year olds...Mom not so much. We have watched it for years. Its a combination of treasure hunt, adventure, big money and big machines...perfect. Its one of the few reality shows (the profit too) that I let my kids watch (and they like it) because, aside from the bleeping language, the story lines are relatively clean.

As for the characters, Tony is just a grizzled savvy old business man - the kind that built much of north america over the past 200 years. Parker's biz acumen is impressive for his age, no doubt. He obviously has maturation issues to address which is nature. It takes time to learn how to work with different types of people. I do think Parker is crazy for wanting his own land. The royalty deal is totally fair and with little risk for him. Buy the wrong lot and he'll be carrying that debt for a decade. The Hoffmans are goofs who have had to learn the hard way. And let's not forget the Dakota Boys. I love the deep pit and the high mountain adventure. Too bad they couldn't strike a deal to remain on the show as their story was interesting too.

Anyways, Gold Rush is must see tv in our house, on par with Football.

Reaction Score
If I rememeber right the Dakota boys were going to have their own shows on a different channel. Wonder what happened with that?

Reaction Score
If I rememeber right the Dakota boys were going to have their own shows on a different channel. Wonder what happened with that?

Jimmy Dorsey (remember him from first season) said he was going to have his own show too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom