Going to try and take a break | The Boneyard

Going to try and take a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So someone was kind enough (I guess) to delete the thread where I all but begged to be banned last night...

Note I'll still be at every game and I still fully support Diaco.... but the experience last night was completely abysmal.

1. Is there a secret parking meeting every year where the goal is to make people angrier? The Laz employees make the DMV employees seem courteous and competent. Had I been stuck in the backlog
of cars going into the red lot just prior to kickofff I probably would have strangled one.

2. I posted a picture but can stadium management think about doing something about the seats? The picture does it no justice, there was literally bird everywhere.

3. I fully understand how thin the roster is and how big the rebuild is now... but I can't even bring myself to look at the boxscore and see the penalty yardage.

4. The QB rotation was like watching the University of Clown try and move the ball. Down 14-0 let's try and let Whitmer throw the ball into the wind on third and long on the first drive of the second quarter. If it doesn't end immediately with a quarterback named Diaco needs an appointment with a psychologist.

5. The fake field goal? I mean come on. Embarasssing.

6. I already posted about the decision to kick a FG down 21 in tbe fourth quarter. As angry as that makes me Diaco's reason may be the stupidest single thing I've ever heard. Getting the kicker some work from the right hash? The thought process is so broken I refuse to believe that is the real reason.

7. Very few posting here fit what I'm about to say - but I was walking down the stairs in frustration after the Max fumble.... BYU punches in and a I walked behind the student section to the bathroom and there were hundreds of students and others clowning around completely unaware of what was even happening - nevermind caring. I can't take being surrounded by people who don't give a damn anymore.

8. I generally don't give a what coaches say - but Diaco's post game comments were nonsensical. They got the holy hell kicked out of them and he's all pumped up about 50 guys participating. You've got to be kidding right? I still almost can't believe I listened to it.

Anyway... this is supposed to be fun, and on a perfect August night - I had absolutely nothing approaching fun. I already drive enough people here crazy, if I attempt to engage anyone in the near future, I'll lose the few that appreciate me.

Hopefully week 1 ends up being the best learning experience in history.... if it isn't we are f#^ked.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Take a break and watch some soccer today. ManU currently is making Burnley look like world beaters! :D You can also enjoy watching my Swans beat your boys.

Have a good long weekend Whaler. Things will look up soon for this team.

Reaction Score
You make some good points Whaler, our emotions are in full spin mode. I woke up this morning still trying to understand what that Diaco post game interview was all about... I DID turn it off! I just couldn't listen to anymore of the attempted positive spin BS...... Last night was not fun at all.......

Reaction Score
Whaler I agree with you on a lot of points. The picture you posted was absolute horses*@t and I am actually going to try and fwd it to a friend of mine who has contacts in the AD's office. Shoot me a pm and I will send you my email address. Parking was flat out ridiculous where we were, you would of thought it was the first game these people worked. Penalty's you have to take with a grain of salt...that officiating crew was worse than anything I can remember...youth through college. Things will be ok...I saw some good things last night thatI haven't seen in what seems like an eternity. Pasqualoni left a dumpster fire here and it isn't going out over night after only 9 months of practice. As for fans who care...you are here among people who do. If it isn't for this message board making a push to show tickets were available it would have been a disaster. Like everyone here...you bring a personality that I think is needed. Relax for the rest of the weekend....things will be ok.

Reaction Score
Stick around. Bad enough BL had his spirit broken. Now you?

Look, they were overmatched last night. I told J$ at halftime I just didn't want to see quit in the 2nd half. They didn't quit.

People bought into Diaco as some miracle worker magical exilir. There's been a few posters (me included) who have been cautioning people to show patience. Yes, he made some mistakes last night. And hopefully he stops the QB carousel nonsense and just goes with Cochran.

But this program was broken. Nick Saban could not have coached this team to victory last night. So what should we expect from a 41 year first time HC?

Hang in there. We are beating Boise.

Reaction Score
8. I generally don't give a what coaches say - but Diaco's post game comments were nonsensical. They got the holy hell kicked out of them and he's all pumped up about 50 guys participating. You've got to be kidding right? I still almost can't believe I listened to it.
Diaco knows his hand of cards is not ideal. How many dropped passes by what we assumed what would be a stellar WR corps?

Reaction Score
So someone was kind enough (I guess) to delete the thread where I all but begged to be banned last night...

4. The QB rotation was like watching the University of Clown try and move the ball. Down 14-0 let's try and let Whitmer throw the ball into the wind on third and long on the first drive of the second quarter. If it doesn't end immediately with a quarterback named Diaco needs an appointment with a psychologist.

Agreed. It does no one any good to start switching between the two on the fly. I'd like to see Cochran get his shot, but even if it's Whitmer, the QB needs to know that he's not going to get pulled after a poor half.

7. Very few posting here fit what I'm about to say - but I was walking down the stairs in frustration after the Max fumble.... BYU punches in and a I walked behind the student section to the bathroom and there were hundreds of students and others clowning around completely unaware of what was even happening - nevermind caring. I can't take being surrounded by people who don't give a damn anymore.

Heaven forbid someone try to have a good time on their Friday night despite the team getting their ass handed to them. At least they showed up to witness our guys lay an egg.

Anyway... this is supposed to be fun, and on a perfect August night - I had absolutely nothing approaching fun. I already drive enough people here crazy, if I attempt to engage anyone in the near future, I'll lose the few that appreciate me.

Hopefully week 1 ends up being the best learning experience in history.... if it isn't we are f#^ked.

You might want to consider taking these games a little less seriously. This is going to be another rough season for UConn. I think we all knew that, but the promise of a fresh start always makes us too optimistic.

Diaco is a weird dude but I still think he knows what he's doing. It's going to take some time before we start to see signs he's turning the program around.

Reaction Score

After watching warm ups, the national anthem, and coin toss I made quick bathroom trip; there were easily as many people down in concourse as there were in the seats. Disappointing.

Reaction Score
You make some good points Whaler, our emotions are in full spin mode. I woke up this morning still trying to understand what that Diaco post game interview was all about... I DID turn it off! I just couldn't listen to anymore of the attempted positive spin BS. Last night was not fun at all..

Post game was GRobesque.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Stick around. Bad enough BL had his spirit broken. Now you?

Look, they were overmatched last night. I told J$ at halftime I just didn't want to see quit in the 2nd half. They didn't quit.

People bought into Diaco as some miracle worker magical exilir. There's been a few posters (me included) who have been cautioning people to show patience. Yes, he made some mistakes last night. And hopefully he stops the QB carousel nonsense and just goes with Cochran.

But this program was broken. Nick Saban could not have coached this team to victory last night. So what should we expect from a 41 year first time HC?

Hang in there. We are beating Boise.

I've been saying I thought Boise was ripe for the picking all along.... but after watching Boise and UConn... uh takebacks?

I have no problem with a loss last night. I have been the most vocal about how thin the roster is.

I have been as vocal as anyone that Diaco needs time to grow into the job.

The amature hour feel of the program (parking, marketing, condition of stadium seats, whatever that is on third down, game presentation) combined with some of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever seen.. he says he likes the 2QB look still? Seriously does he not learn from mistakes.

I can deal with bad football.... I sat through the 2000 and 2001 seasons.

11 years in and it seems fewer people really care than ever. Amory missed the point with his advice - I am saying myself I need to take it less seriously.

Reaction Score
Their quarterback was the #1 reason we had no shot. He was impossible to tackle. It's going to take time but we'll get there. UConn had to play someone to find out what their team is all about which is why Diaco played so many players. We'll win next week and go from there.

I listened carefully to Diaco whenever he's been asked questions about our chances of beating BYU or anyone else and he's never come close to predicting anything. His response is always about the team focusing on what they have to do to compete. He knows that this whole season will be rocky. That said, I still think that we can be bowl eligible. BYU is a very good team.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They showed up. I wouldn't complain so much about students who showed up to watch a game, and support their team.

They are very much not the problem. Or at the very least, damn close to the bottom of the list of problems.

After watching warm ups, the national anthem, and coin toss I made quick bathroom trip; there were easily as many people down in concourse as there were in the seats. Disappointing.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hope you stick around Whaler.

I was so pumped heading into the stadium and then bam, next thing you know it's 14-0 and it's all over.

I would say we're (me, you, BY in general) in the top 1% of fans and if this is how were feeling, what can the more casual fan be thinking?

I hope we can start to turn things around, but the performance last night was pathetic. The tailgate is still fun, but the game was flat out miserable.

Stony Brook next Saturday...25k? Ugh.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm fascinated by how angry everyone in parking and crowd management is at Rentschler Field. It's sooooo New England-y.

For those who didn't see, after the turnover and immediate TD by BYU in the first quarter, ESPN had a camera on the UConn sideline and a yellow shirt ran in and screamed at the guy to back off. That stuff doesn't happen in the SEC...hell, it doesn't happen in the Sun Belt. Relax, man!

Reaction Score
Coach Diaco gets an F for yesterday's performance. Not only for an undisciplined team (Max Delorenzo should not have seen the field after the fumble) who committed 7.5 million penalties, but his responses and justifications after the game were extremely dissapointing. And have you ever seen a coach smiling more on the sideline while the team is getting destroyed?

With that said, rookie head coach, lets see how he responds.

Reaction Score
They showed up. I wouldn't complain so much about students who showed up to watch a game, and support their team.

They are very much not the problem. Or at the very least, damn close to the bottom of the list of problems.
Not saying that fans are the cause of on the field problems, but instead was echoing Whaler's sentiment that a lot of people don't care about the actual game. Your idea that by simply "showing up" fans are supporting the team is silly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geez Whaler didn't write a suicide note. He posted that needed a break. We all do now and again. I typically don't visit the board on the day after a bad loss. Sometimes three days after. He knows that he's burnt out. Take a break and come back. You'll be the better for it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not saying that fans are the cause of on the field problems, but instead was echoing Whaler's sentiment that a lot of people don't care about the actual game. Your idea that by simply "showing up" fans are supporting the team is silly.

In a sell out, you can criticize those in attendance, assuming "real fans" should be in those seats. It wasn't a sell out, and that likely won't happen any time soon. Be happy there were asses in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom