Going to Puerto Rico to watch UConn win some more | The Boneyard

Going to Puerto Rico to watch UConn win some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
http://espnevents.com/puerto-rico-tip-off/

Our next trophy, coming up. Right before Thanksgiving this November. I imagine the organizers of this thing were almost as excited as we were when UConn won it all. There are some respectable teams in the field, and also Boston College.

Anybody else thinking about going? San Juan is worth a visit, if you've never been.

Reaction Score
pretty disappointing field...I guess it'd be good to play west virginia? or dayton? it's not awful but there's no potential matchup that's really exciting

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
pretty disappointing field...I guess it'd be good to play west virginia? or dayton? it's not awful but there's no potential matchup that's really exciting
West Virginia is supposed to be good next year. Dayton had a great run. New Mexico is tough, and we owe them from two years ago. Not a bad field.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
West Virginia is supposed to be good next year. Dayton had a great run. New Mexico is tough, and we owe them from two years ago. Not a bad field.

Except why is BCU following us around like a lost little boy?

Reaction Score
http://espnevents.com/puerto-rico-tip-off/

Anybody else thinking about going? San Juan is worth a visit, if you've never been.

Even if you have already been here, San Juan, as well as the rest of the Island, is worth another visit. Hope to see as many of you make the trip as possible. If anyone has any questions about PR in general, feel free to PM me. And if you are interested in professional assistance planning your trip here, my company PMM Travel Consulting would be more than glad to assist you. PMMTravelConsulting.com

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
West Virginia is supposed to be good next year.

If we end up playing WVU, I put the over/under points for Boatright at 40! I bet he woudl be quite motivated for that one:)

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that the PR tourney is the week before thanksgiving, rather than during thanksgiving week. Being in education, my wife cannot take that week off.

Reaction Score
May have to look into this. Any recommendations on places to stay in San Juan? Cleanliness being top priority, food and convenience not far behind. All input appreciated!

Reaction Score
Taking my wife and two girls for the tourney in PR... will I have to get the tickets thru a travel package or can I for ahead and book my own flights?

Reaction Score
I want to go, but I believe there is a UConn football game the same weekend. Ugh. Why do I have to choose?!

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Taking my wife and two girls for the tourney in PR... will I have to get the tickets thru a travel package or can I for ahead and book my own flights?
I think you can go either way. We booked a room at the hilton condado for now, which we can cancel if the package is a better deal. We signed up for email alerts on that tourney web site. By coincidence we actually stayed there several years ago for a vacation. Nice place.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not impressed with the RPI boost UConn can get from this tourney. But, if you're going and ever wanted to hit your 7-wood 375 yards, El Conquistador is your course.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
We booked our flights already as well by the way. I think you can go ahead and do that.

Hope to meet some of this crowd in San Juan!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Boat against Staten and WVU would be exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69