Goals for last 3 regular games | The Boneyard

Goals for last 3 regular games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"mine"--what's "yours"?

1. obviously, win them all.
2. just as obviously, and maybe more important, stay healthy, stay healthy, stay healthy
3. Get Morgan's shooting back on track after 2 off games
4. Keep Napheesa developing. Geno has the first 6 set and rarely goes beyond 7 when deep in the tournament. Napheesa likely to be that #7, though Saniya could be important here, too.
5. Quirky goal: Natalie has not only played well the last two games, she's shown--and both she and Geno have confirmed--that her head is getting back to where she was her freshman year. So, if Natalie continues to inspire confidence over the next 3 games, Geno might be able to use her in important spots during the tournament.

Reaction Score
I think Morgan will be fine. Smaller faster girls that have been playing her have given her problems, not to mention the double and triple teams. Come tournament time she will have bigs on her and she will able to get by them. We all know the bench will shrink the farther we go in the tournament, just hoping that the other girls get some experience for next year.

Reaction Score
It would be great if Nurse can regain the confidence in her shooting stroke. The coaches and her teammates have 100% confidence in her offensive skills but , IMO, she seems to have some self doubt. Last year she shot 48.6% from the field and 40.2% on threes. This year she is shooting 42.2% overall and 34.3% from threes. No one feels worse about the drop off than she does. Her grit and determination has made her my favorite player so here's hoping she finds her stroke. If she does find it, the Final Four will be all but academic.

Reaction Score
1. Stay healthy.
2. Get Tuck back to playing like herself.
3. Stay healthy.
4. Continue to grow the confidence of Samuelson.
5. Stay healthy.
6. Keep getting good minutes to prepare the back ups.
7. Stay healthy.
8. Get Nurse some confidence in her 3 pt shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"mine"--what's "yours"?

1. obviously, win them all.
2. just as obviously, and maybe more important, stay healthy, stay healthy, stay healthy
3. Get Morgan's shooting back on track after 2 off games
4. Keep Napheesa developing. Geno has the first 6 set and rarely goes beyond 7 when deep in the tournament. Napheesa likely to be that #7, though Saniya could be important here, too.
5. Quirky goal: Natalie has not only played well the last two games, she's shown--and both she and Geno have confirmed--that her head is getting back to where she was her freshman year. So, if Natalie continues to inspire confidence over the next 3 games, Geno might be able to use her in important spots during the tournament.
I was thinking of making a similar post after the ECU game. Now that we are at home, we can focus on certain things. Don't overlook Williams, Jenkins, Laksa, et al. for USF. They can play. We'll like see them 2x in 2 weeks or so.

Getting/staying healthy is the big key. Keeping several players sharp is important. Getting Morgan back into the flow a little more is good. And trying to get Napheesa, Natalie, and Saniya to the point where Coach trusts them will be big. They can do that 1 practice at a time, 1 possession at a time, 1 game at a time.

Reaction Score
I think Morgan will be fine. Smaller faster girls that have been playing her have given her problems, not to mention the double and triple teams. Come tournament time she will have bigs on her and she will able to get by them. We all know the bench will shrink the farther we go in the tournament, just hoping that the other girls get some experience for next year.

Morgan was sharp as a tack last night. Looking very good. And showing up her taller opponent. With a healthy knee, she's a WNBA all-star her first year. The only reason she wasn't an All-American last year was the rule that limits All-American recommendations to three per team. I read that somewhere; did I get that right? She should have been AA hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom