Go Terps! | The Boneyard

Go Terps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score
Duke and UK both go down. If you're aUconn fan, that's a pretty good day.

Reaction Score
Funny that some of the espn geniuses had puke as the overall #1:confused: Good team but no way in heck theyre the overall 1 seed. i see them either as the lowest of the 1 seeds or a two.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dook just lost its one seed.
They will still be a 1 seed - great ooc schedule and no bad losses. Only Lville could bump them with the BE Champ

Reaction Score
They will still be a 1 seed - great ooc schedule and no bad losses. Only Lville could bump them with the BE Champ
I don't get it. They didn't win their conference regular season or tournament. The conference is meaningless if they are still a #1

Reaction Score
I don't get it. They didn't win their conference regular season or tournament. The conference is meaningless if they are still a #1
They've been awesome with Ryan Kelly. He's missed a bunch of games and this is their first loss with him in the lineup I believe. They've beaten a ton of good teams with him in the lineup.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Funny that some of the espn geniuses had puke as the overall #1:confused: Good team but no way in heck theyre the overall 1 seed. i see them either as the lowest of the 1 seeds or a two.
I stopped being a Duke hater after the 04 season. I appreciate what they have done over the last 20+ years. Don't like them and I'm glad they keep getting in our path to National Championships, but you have to respect a team that is always in the top 10 year in and year out. They tend not to have years like UNC and KY. Even when they aren't the class of the field, they are still winning 25+. You just have to acknowledge how hard that is to do in today's game.

They are still in line to get a #1 seed. They could get bumped to 2 but even so, with Kelly, they are a totally different team and I would say the favorite in a really week year. Fortunately, they aren't so far above that it's an invitational - they can get knocked off as they showed tonight. It's going to be an interesting tourny.

Reaction Score
They will still most likely get a 1 seed. I don't hate duke that much anymore, just don't want them winning it all.

Is UK a bubble team at this point?

Reaction Score
I stopped being a Duke hater after the 04 season. I appreciate what they have done over the last 20+ years. Don't like them and I'm glad they keep getting in our path to National Championships, but you have to respect a team that is always in the top 10 year in and year out. They tend not to have years like UNC and KY. Even when they aren't the class of the field, they are still winning 25+. You just have to acknowledge how hard that is to do in today's game.
----------------------------------------
It's fine not to hate Dook but what makes people hate them is they get too much attention and credit. Now we've come to accept it. But there is no other team in the country that could finish 2nd in their conference and be talked about as the #1 overall seed. Now they've lost their first game in the conf tourney. They simply haven't won or reached the goals for which you get rewarded.

The Kelly injury is an excuse, yes they are better with him but don't deserve seeding higher than similar teams that won either regular season titles or conference tourneys

Reaction Score

They are still in line to get a #1 seed. They could get bumped to 2 but even so, with Kelly, they are a totally different team and I would say the favorite in a really week year. Fortunately, they aren't so far above that it's an invitational - they can get knocked off as they showed tonight. It's going to be an interesting tourny.
Thanks for the lecture but 1. you turned out to be wrong and 2. i have no hate for duke. coach k is a great coach and has a great program. my point had nothing to do with hate and everything to do with them not being deserving of the overall #1 seed which they clearly were not and their #2 seed has proven. they got place exactly where i thought theyd be and its a great position to be in because they have as good a chance as anyone to win.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the lecture but 1. you turned out to be wrong and 2. i have no hate for duke. coach k is a great coach and has a great program. my point had nothing to do with hate and everything to do with them not being deserving of the overall #1 seed which they clearly were not and their #2 seed has proven. they got place exactly where i thought theyd be and its a great position to be in because they have as good a chance as anyone to win.

This was a very weak year. I would have had no problem with them as a 1.

Reaction Score
Dook just lost its one seed.

I dunno, I hate the Terps (because of their fans-Gary Williams-Pump Bros.-Rudy Gay) and I don't hate Duke. I do however like upsets.
Anyone but UNC, and the Terps.

Reaction Score
This was a very weak year. I would have had no problem with them as a 1.

Yeah it was. With uconn being out of it and no real heavyweights in the tourney this march seems blah to me. if we wouldnt of had the great season we had this wouldve been the worst year for cbb for me in all the years ive been watching. maybe the tourney will surprise me.

Reaction Score
Yeah it was. With uconn being out of it and no real heavyweights in the tourney this march seems blah to me. if we wouldnt of had the great season we had this wouldve been the worst year for cbb for me in all the years ive been watching. maybe the tourney will surprise me.

You know, I kind of feel excited about this tourney. Whenever UConn isn't in it, it's because they had a bad year. Then it is harder for me to watch. This year was different, because, had we been eligible, we would be Dancin' with this team.

I am aslo uber excited about next season and beyond............

Reaction Score
You know, I kind of feel excited about this tourney. Whenever UConn isn't in it, it's because they had a bad year. Then it is harder for me to watch. This year was different, because, had we been eligible, we would be Dancin' with this team.

I am aslo uber excited about next season and beyond............
+1

Reaction Score
I dunno, I hate the Terps (because of their fans-Gary Williams-Pump Bros.-Rudy Gay) and I don't hate Duke. I do however like upsets.
Anyone but UNC, and the Terps.
Terps fans are vulgar; I'm all for enthusiasm, but crowds chanting duck you in unison is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom