Giffey | The Boneyard

Giffey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought Niels played a solid glue guy type of game, that steal and three point play was huge. I don't think I've ever seen a player get as little respect from the refs as Niels does, some of the calls on him are beyond ridiculous.

Reaction Score
still think he can be so much more than what he is, solid glue guy, good defender and rebounder but if he was able to take and knock down open shots and be a 7-8ppg guy on offense the team would look so much better.

Reaction Score
Often he's our most active and tenacious defensive player. Also active on O w/o ball yet I saw him overlooked/ignored (down low) by Boat several times who swung to Bazz for a launched 3 that was off the mark.

Reaction Score
His numbers do nothing for the amount of impact he had on the game.......he was very good

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Part of the reason why h doesn't score is because his teammates don't find him when he's open.
Keep talking like this and he'll end up playing his senior season at Missouri.

Reaction Score
Besides bringing energy, great defense and toughness, he has potential to be more of an impact player on offense. He needs to be more assertive on the offensive end and trust his shot more. To often he thinks about passing before the ball even reaches his hands...still love the guy. Could go down as one of my favorite husky player of all time.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Niels because of his quiet on court nature seems to be one of the more underrated players we've had at UConn.

His impact doesn't always show up in the boxscore, but he is a winning player that deserves a lot of playing time.

The best lineup I think is Bazz, Boat, DD, Giffey and Wolf.

Reaction Score
Niels because of his quiet on court nature seems to be one of the more underrated players we've had at UConn.

His impact doesn't always show up in the boxscore, but he is a winning player that deserves a lot of playing time.

Totally agree on that lineup......actually have been disappointed that we have not seen much of that at all.........Omar is getting better though too!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Totally agree on that lineup......actually have been disappointed that we have not seen much of that at all.........Omar is getting better though too!!

Omar definitely deserves some big minutes as well.

I'm still puzzled by Olander's lack of effectiveness. I really expected more out of him this season. We're really lucky that Wolf has stepped up, because between Olander and Nolan we haven't had many contributions out of the front court.

Reaction Score
Omar definitely deserves some big minutes as well.

I'm still puzzled by Olander's lack of effectiveness. I really expected more out of him this season. We're really lucky that Wolf has stepped up, because between Olander and Nolan we haven't had many contributions out of the front court.

"Any" is not accurate because we don't get a W in South Bend w/o Tyler, but amazed he didn't build from there!

Reaction Score
Glad Ollie gets Nolan a couple of minutes a game - Nolan hasnt been a disappointment - he is raw but I think he will turn out to be a solid player for us. I agree our best lineup is Bazz, Boat, Giffey, Wolf and Daniel. Rotate Omar in for Bazz, Boat, Giffey, and Daniels and decrease Evans minutes.

Reaction Score
I agree Sae and still believe we will be happy Phil Nolan came to Storrs!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree Sae and still believe we will be happy Phil Nolan came to Storrs!
He and RJE are the anti (I won't mention his name so we don't get some Boneyarders upset) guy!!!:) They are grateful to be on the team. Always cheering the other guys. I love that they play for UConn.

Agree that Nolan will be a contributor down the road.

Speaking of RJ, he had a great game in the limited time he was on the court. Not NG great, but got a key rebound and steal. It's the little things that add up.

Reaction Score
I thought Niels played a solid glue guy type of game, that steal and three point play was huge. I don't think I've ever seen a player get as little respect from the refs as Niels does, some of the calls on him are beyond ridiculous.

I agree. I note that Giffey played 22 minutes which was 5th in playing time.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Yes, this is the best lineup right now. Giffey could benefit from some of Wolf's willingness to try to make plays. He seemed to get too careful and just can't break out of it in terms of scoring and even passing.

Reaction Score
He is the most complete player on the team in my opinion, but lack the aggressive style that makes shabazz great

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Travis Knight got less respect from officials than any UConn player I can remember. He asked for it with his incessant whining, but for a guy that was going to be a future pro, he got no respect at all from officials.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Niels really is the glue guy for this team. A term that gets thrown around a lot, but it really describes him well. Love that he had 4 steals in 20 minutes, that one where we turned it over, Rutgers was on the fast break, and he just came in from behind and poked the ball out was a huge play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom