Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Tough loss, kid was really improving.

Good news is... no surgery needed.

Will we see more of Tolksdorf?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hope he can still practice FT shooting while he's out. He's going to ice many a close game for us next year if he can keep up the good work at the charity stripe.

caw

Reaction Score
Shame, he was starting to put it together. He should be able to make some money in Europe after next year.

Reaction Score
Tough loss, kid was really improving.

Good news is... no surgery needed.

Will we see more of Tolksdorf?

Gee.. can we ever get some good news ??? How about Mark Emmert busted his ballzzz.

Reaction Score
Don't take this the wrong way- but these injuries to Gif and Bazz take some of the pain away from the post season ban for me. I am not saying that it is good they got hurt- never want any player on any team getting hurt particularly ours- but we really would have little to no chance making noise in the NACCs with Gif out and Bazz playing at 50%.

If Bazz does not go to Europe to play ball next year he is going to be a beast, Gif is much improved and DD has been coming on strong- add to that a strong showing by P Nolan and OC lately and we could have a pretty good team for a transitional year in 2014.

Reaction Score
Niels had a very solid, good season. I think the best thing for him to do in the off season is to play as much basketball as he can against high quality competition. I don't think his game will benefit from spending the summer in Germany. If he is able to play against some NBA guys, not just former UConn players, I think it would be invaluable. He is the type of player, who could actually compete well with professionals and it might do wonders for him. He has always had game, but he doesn't always look confident in his shot or role. Nonetheless, when he plays he usually finds a way to make a positive impact.

This may sound silly, but he might benefit from playing in one of the top Pro-Am leagues that draws some of the big time NBA talent, like The Drew League in LA. If Niels spent some time trying to guard guys like James Harden and maybe Kobe, he would get embarrassed from time to time, but it might be eye opening for him in regards to recognizing his own skill level.

Reaction Score
Giff had a very solid season. I'm hoping next season he'll be more aggressive and confident offensively. He's the best pure shooter on the team, he should think he is.

Reaction Score
Wow that sucks but knew it when I read the extent. Solid Jr year and really improved on his aggressiveness. He went after rebonds and mixed it up with any bigs. Shot it pretty well, made a few backdown jump hooks which is a nice addition to the arsenal and would love to see more in his final year in Storrs.........very solid year for Niels!!!

Reaction Score
Don't take this the wrong way- but these injuries to Gif and Bazz take some of the pain away from the post season ban for me. I am not saying that it is good they got hurt- never want any player on any team getting hurt particularly ours- but we really would have little to no chance making noise in the NACCs with Gif out and Bazz playing at 50%.

If Bazz does not go to Europe to play ball next year he is going to be a beast, Gif is much improved and DD has been coming on strong- add to that a strong showing by P Nolan and OC lately and we could have a pretty good team for a transitional year in 2014.
I kind of feel the same way. I think we are just trying to find a way to justify the post season ban at this point. But seriously if we are going to have injuries, this is the year to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom