Giffey and Daniels | The Boneyard

Giffey and Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Along with Wolf gives us our best rebounding (and best starting 5 along with Bazz and Boat) at the 3, 4, 5. Giffey needs more minutes at the 3. Or Move Daniels to the 3 and keep Giffey at the 4. Give Omar some minutes at the 3 and use him to spell Boat or Bazz. Giffey brings more to the table than Omar right now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Agree with this 100%. Love Calhoun, but when he's not on fire from deep, Giffey is the better option.

Reaction Score
When Giffey is at the 3 (which isnt often right now) he crashes the boards just as hard as when he is at the 4 spot. Omar looks to get on the break when he's at the 3. We need all the rebounding help we can get. When Daniels needs a breather play Giffey at the 4 - otherwise Daniels needs to be in the game barring foul trouble.

Reaction Score
agree 100%, one of my few complaints about KO so far has been his reluctance to play Giffey and DD together instead of just subbing in Giffey for DD. If Omar struggles during BE play I'd imagine we're going to see it more.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
agree 100%, one of my few complaints about KO so far has been his reluctance to play Giffey and DD together instead of just subbing in Giffey for DD. If Omar struggles during BE play I'd imagine we're going to see it more.
I was wondering the same thing. Must be a fear of DD getting into foul trouble that prevents more of this line up.

Reaction Score
I think Giffey should be getting more time at the 3 as well. He is averaging about 20 minutes a game which surprised me when I just looked it up.

Unless Wolf and DD are in foul trouble I'd like to see Tyler (averaging about 21 minutes) to go down by 1 or 2 minutes and give that to Giff. Maybe limit Evan's minutes by 1 or 2. Basically, I'd rather not sacrifice OC minutes too much.

Again, with foul trouble and match ups this should all be adjusted.

Reaction Score
Along with Wolf gives us our best rebounding (and best starting 5 along with Bazz and Boat) at the 3, 4, 5. Giffey needs more minutes at the 3. Or Move Daniels to the 3 and keep Giffey at the 4. Give Omar some minutes at the 3 and use him to spell Boat or Bazz. Giffey brings more to the table than Omar right now.
Our rebounding looked good tonight because we played a weak and rather dumb team. Best rebounding front line would be Daniels, Olander and Wolf and even with that front line we wouldn't be a good rebounding team. Unfortunately with Tyler in there we also lose some ball handling and offense. This team is going to lose rebound battles most games in the BE. Ollie just has to figure a way to score more points than the opposition despite the rebounding desparity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom