Geno Project and Wooden Award ESPN2 Tonight Starting 7:30 PM | The Boneyard

Geno Project and Wooden Award ESPN2 Tonight Starting 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How completely embarrassing would it be, not to mention undeserved, if they presented the Wooden to a student/athlete who actually withdrew from school?

Reaction Score
How completely embarrassing would it be, not to mention undeserved, if they presented the Wooden to a student/athlete who actually withdrew from school?
Other than being a UCONN fan and hoping Stewart gets it for a TOTAL FREAKING SWEEP, I think it would be great. It would only be embarrassing for ND. Anyway, we'll find out in a few minutes.

Reaction Score
There was a short segment in the Geno project episode that made me laugh. KML and some other players talked a bit about media guide heights vs. actual heights. Apparently it's as much a controversy for them as it is at the Boneyard. :D

Reaction Score
There was a short segment in the Geno project episode that made me laugh. KML and some other players talked a bit about media guide heights vs. actual heights. Apparently it's as much a controversy for them as it is at the Boneyard. :D
5' 9-3/4"

Reaction Score
Two Geno Auriemma Project quotes from tonight(not exactly verbatim):

- "Any Italian kid who tells you someone else's food is better than his mother's probably doesn't have long to live."

- To his team: "K is leaving. Kiah is leaving. You guys that are coming back have a lot of work, more work than you can imagine." Wow, Geno is relentless in his pursuit of perfection, he really never does stop.

BTW, this ESPN College Basketball Awards program is absolute crap, maybe the most boring, horribly scripted 60 minutes of TV ever. After sitting through all this garbage, Stewie had better get that darn Wooden.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Other than being a UCONN fan and hoping Stewart gets it for a TOTAL FREAKING SWEEP, I think it would be great. It would only be embarrassing for ND. Anyway, we'll find out in a few minutes.
Wooden who coached in a four year era in the men's game was very big on the student part of his athletes time in school - so yes it would be ironic - it is currently the only award that requires the winner has at least a 2.0 GPA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ann Meyers Drysdale presenting the award. Some talent sitting together: Stewie, Kaleena, Tiffany, Nina, and Jewell.

The winner is .... Stewie!!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stewart. She swept the awards. Impressive!

Reaction Score
Of all Stewie's well-deserved awards this year, which is considered the most prestigious?

[Stewie looked like a taller, thinner, cuter version of Kelly LeBrock]

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, ESPN looks kind of silly now giving that to Jewel...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This sweep is amazing. Why did Stewie win all of these NPOY awards this season but not last season? That's not a complaint; I'm just curious as to the difference in results.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The competition was better last year and they were seniors. Cheney and Sims were both phenomenal, and Stewart was a little less dominant especially on the defensive end - and she wasn't the team 'leader' last year with Stef and Bria still there.

Luckily I just tuned in for the last 5 minutes before the award - but that was long enough to see how really crappy that show was - just terrible. This is not the Oscars and it never will be - put out a press release naming the winners and skip the painful TV show.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Before the conclusion of the 2015-16 regular season, Gampel will have a number of great refreshes: the 2015 banner will be up, Breanna Stewart's name with the year 2015 will be appended to the list of NPOY winners, and Stewie and Moriah Jefferson will have their names added to the Huskies of Honor wall. Plenty to look forward to; the Huskies added to the continuum ofUConn greatness and then some this past season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Reputation with two years of achievements. Jewel had a great year, but before the Final Four, most predetermined UConn would win the title because of Stewart and then Kaleena and Moriah. But IMHO mostly Stewart.

This sweep is amazing. Why did Stewie win all of these NPOY awards this season but not last season? That's not a complaint; I'm just curious as to the difference in results.

Reaction Score
Since I recorded it..maybe I should just watch the last 5 minutes then..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom