Geno pre-Florida trip interview | The Boneyard

Geno pre-Florida trip interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Absolutely good read, thanks. My fav among the Geno insights:

"GENO : Certainly more suited than last years when we didn’t have the numbers, but we didn’t have Kaleena Lewis yesterday and when she is in the game its not a great idea to be Pressing because that is not one of her strengths… so we’ve gotta be judicious with knowing when to and when not to. Which lineup we can use, which one we can’t… how much do we want to tire out Stewie… all those things are factors. You know, most teams that Press a lot they are not really good half court defensive teams. And we want to be a really good defensive team, a good half court defensive team… because in the end that is what is gonna win for you in the NCAA tournament. "

Reaction Score
SLU:: what a terrific link. I think that was, in some ways, the most meaty and interesting interview I've seen Coach do. (Missed who was doing the interview ...will go back and check.....really did a fine job.)
Probably the biggest surprise for me was Geno saying what a great three-point defending team we are. Coulda fooled me. That was one of the weak spots on my old list of areas that needed work , and it's one of the few where I haven't seen really significant improvement, and that surprised me bec with the big guys we often have to pick up someone who gets by you when you challenge their three aggressively, I would think our players would feel secure in really defending the three point line.
Now that I think about it, seems to me that our big players have been some of the least aggressive in challenging the three.
Very interesting comments on the three recruits for next year. All in all, an interview not to be missed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Probably the biggest surprise for me was Geno saying what a great three-point defending team we are. Coulda fooled me. That was one of the weak spots on my old list of areas that needed work ,

I think you read it too fast winlots because this is the only thing I could find on the 3-pt defense:

I wasn’t thrilled about the fact that we gave up 13 threes, that is not a good sign. we have traditionally done a great job guarding 3pt shooters… we didn’t do a great job of that yesterday, so that is gonna be something we have to clean up.

Reaction Score
SLU: I responded to this yesterday but just discovered that my flying fingers seem to have flown errantly. What I had tried to send back was something like this: Within the quote you provide in italics is the material to which I was responding: "....we have traditionally done a great job guarding 3 pt shooters." Speaking of tradition, SLU, hope your Thanksgiving is full and thankful. Stay well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
SLU: I responded to this yesterday but just discovered that my flying fingers seem to have flown errantly. What I had tried to send back was something like this: Within the quote you provide in italics is the material to which I was responding: "....we have traditionally done a great job guarding 3 pt shooters." Speaking of tradition, SLU, hope your Thanksgiving is full and thankful. Stay well.

Understood, and thanks. You have a nice one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom