Geno Needs Help | The Boneyard

Geno Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Speaking of Gabby Williams he said.....

You know, I don’t know who I could compare her to, we haven’t had anyone like that in a long time.

Long time fans.....any suggestions?

Ashley Battle?

Reaction Score
Geno said to Ms. Burke at halftime of the K-State game [paraphrasing] "Gabby's aggressive. She goes to the offensive glass all the time. That's why she gets so many rebounds." [51-minute mark, ESPN3 replay tape.] Gabby, in the K-State post-game presser said, "I try to read the ball off the rim and make sure I'm being aggressive and I end up in the right place when I have that mindset." [http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/112315aab.html]

To me she drives like a hybrid of Seimone Augustus, Diana, and Elgin Baylor, sounds like Bill Russell "I'm getting the rebound before they take their shot," and plays defense/gets steals like Tamika Catchings. Geno said, iirc > the Ohio State game, "No one appreciates how quick she is."

Yes, she's athletic, and yes she can jump, but her even greater strengths are a brilliant BB IQ and an aggressive attitude. I can't recall a single UConn player who's brought what she brings to every game. We're lucky she's a Husky and playing her exciting brand of basketball for Connecticut. My prayer is, May her knees last her a pain-free lifetime; my vow is to enjoy watching Gabby play Gabby Williams basketball.

Reaction Score
UConn has never had a player like her. Aggressive like Shea, elusive like Diana, relentless like Maya. She's Tiffany Hayes with two degrees more athleticism. The best comparisons that I can make are to Dennis Rodman and Stacey Augmon, both of whom always seemed to be in the right place at the right time, and got there in a way that nobody could anticipate.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UConn has never had a player like her. Aggressive like Shea, elusive like Diana, relentless like Maya. She's Tiffany Hayes with two degrees more athleticism. The best comparisons that I can make are to Dennis Rodman and Stacey Augmon, both of whom always seemed to be in the right place at the right time, and got there in a way that nobody could anticipate.
And they both wear dresses. :cool:

Reaction Score
Speaking of Gabby Williams he said.....

Long time fans.....any suggestions?

Ashley Battle?
She plays just like Dennis Rodman. A rebounding maching, put backs, and a defensive stopper.

Reaction Score
She's greedy for points. Not in a negative way at all. She passes when called for. Just a real desire to score.

Reaction Score
She plays just like Dennis Rodman. A rebounding maching, put backs, and a defensive stopper.

Ok but Geno was thinking about UConn players that he has coached for comparison.

Reaction Score
Don't think I've EVER seen such ferocious focus under the rim. She takes it to another level entirely.
Gabby and MoJet seem to be living in another dimension altogether.
I mean Stewie et al, are great, but Gabbie and Mo seem to blur.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Don't think I've EVER seen such ferocious focus under the rim. She takes it to another level entirely.
Gabby and MoJet seem to be living in another dimension altogether.
I mean Stewie et al, are great, but Gabbie and Mo seem to blur.

Gabby plays with tremendous enthusiasm. I think she absolutely loves being out there playing basketball. It is a real joy to watch.

Reaction Score
When Natalie get sbetter, she's not going to bump Gabbie from the start position, at least not right away. Now she's gonna have to earn it!
Go Gabbie. Earning Geno's trust is money in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom