Gee, He don't like L'ville, ND, or the SEC | The Boneyard

Gee, He don't like L'ville, ND, or the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The fathers are holy on Sunday, and they're holy hell on the rest of the week," Gee said to laughter at the Dec. 5 meeting attended by Athletic Director Gene Smith, several other athletic department members, professors and students.
"You just can't trust those damn Catholics on a Thursday or a Friday, and so, literally, I can say that," said Gee, a Mormon.

Is he talking about BCU? :)

Reaction Score
For a highly educated and respected person (check his Wiki) his words in front of an audience mimic Marge Schott and Joe Biden. Many may remember his fear that his football coach might FIRE him.

Reaction Score
The guy is a joke. Up there with Dan Gilbert and Jim Irsay.

He need to just shut up.

Reaction Score
And yet, I agree with damn near every word...

whether you agree with what he says or not does not determine whether his actions are appropriate or not.

They are not. A college president saying this stuff is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but that's stuff you say at the bar, not as a college president. Unprofessional, Rutgers-level behavior.
Bingo. He rutgersed that performance. totally inappropriate and if a college ikid had said those things they'b rightly be all over him. Anti-Catholic, insulting to other schools and conferences. What, he didn't couldn't fit any anti-Semitic comments in there too? Totally inappropriate for a college president! Totally. I'd even say it might rise to the level of being fired.

For those who didn't see my other post on Rutgers, I now use it as a verb, to rutgers something means to handle it with utter incompetence.

pj

Reaction Score
whether you agree with what he says or not does not determine whether his actions are appropriate or not.

They are not. A college president saying this stuff is ridiculous.

Yes, spin is the mark of a college president; honesty in a college president is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Yes, spin is the mark of a college president; honesty in a college president is ridiculous.

"You just can't trust those damn Catholics on a Thursday or a Friday, and so, literally, I can say that,"

I am glad you are defending a man who represents a major university taking that stance publicly. Some people get it, some do not, you and Gee clearly don't.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"You just can't trust those damn Catholics on a Thursday or a Friday, and so, literally, I can say that,"

I am glad you are defending a man who represents a major university taking that stance publicly. Some people get it, some do not, you and Gee clearly don't.

Eh, some people take things way too seriously on internet forums, some people do not. You clearly do.

Reaction Score
This guy is a piece of , when president at Vanderbilt he had a 7 million dollar home, which he said was necessary for throwing parties and fundraising. Since he has been at Ohio State he is the highest paid president in the country and has still managed to spend 8 million dollars on his expense account. These comments are par for the course for this guy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This guy is a piece of , when president at Vanderbilt he had a 7 million dollar home, which he said was necessary for throwing parties and fundraising. Since he has been at Ohio State he is the highest paid president in the country and has still managed to spend 8 million dollars on his expense account. These comments are par for the course for this guy.

Yep, I was at Vandy during that time. We thought he'd revamp the athletic (read: football) program. Didn't happen. Lots of lovely soirees for the rich folk though.

Reaction Score
Story is 6 months old by the way!!!

The incident is 6 months old - the story is new. AP just got copies of the recordings and the march disciplinary letter via FOI.

Reaction Score
It is understandable that any speaker can make a mistake trying to be funny but then you read his other comments and realize that this isn't a one time foopah. The man is an idiot.

Reaction Score
For a highly educated and respected person (check his Wiki) his words in front of an audience mimic Marge Schott and Joe Biden. Many may remember his fear that his football coach might FIRE him.

A committee is not an audience. A committee meeting is supposed to be confidential. And yes, a lot of stupid stuff is said by supposedly smart people.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ok tough guy, thanks.

Not tough at all. Just busting your chops about your post being uptight.

fwiw, "settle down chauncey" is from a movie, the name of which I'm having trouble recalling atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom