Gear | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm not sure which of two designs I'd like more:

Pocket-patch sized current husky on the front and billboard rear side with 1959 husky encircled by the years 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014; OR

Pocket-patch sized 1959 husky encircled by the years 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014, and billboarded rear side with current husky logo.

In either configuration, I don't require "UCONN" or "Connecticut Basketball" or "National Champs" or such, but some subtle version could be OK.

UnderArmour material would make it work best for yoga. I'd wear it repeatedly. Hmm, maybe both designs, and I could rotate them.

That's what I want.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nice 4-championship Adidas shirt at D i ck's; unfortunately only in large (please post if you see other sizes elsewhere):
pDSP1-18515731dt.jpg

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35119306&ppp=17&page=1

This.

Exactly this.

Thanks for sharing @8893

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This.

Exactly this.

Thanks for sharing @8893
Glad the large works for you. I'm trying to find the XL. Milford store has none in any size. Meriden has large and small.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
We should be supporting the store that is OWNED by the student-athletes you cheer for: the UCONN CO-OP. Who knows...maybe if enough gear is sold, Bazz won't have to go HUNGRY anymore! He'll be able to buy a bunch of food with his rebate check!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We should be supporting the store that is OWNED by the student-athletes you cheer for: the UCONN CO-OP. Who knows...maybe if enough gear is sold, Bazz won't have to go HUNGRY anymore! He'll be able to buy a bunch of food with his rebate check!
I'd be happy to buy all my stuff from the Co-op. Unfortunately their site has less of a selection than any of the others, and the shirts that are unique to the Co-op are among the least attractive designs imo, including one that is inexplicably on a red shirt, one with the shape of Texas, and one with "Dream Team" on it. Who ever called this the Dream Team?

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
New designs arriving all the time 8893. Didn't see the "dream team" one...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
New designs arriving all the time 8893. Didn't see the "dream team" one...
33360.207-2.jpg

They must be keeping those new designs off the website then, because they haven't added anything of note to the website in several days. I'd love to take a ride up there but it's not likely for a while.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
You can start here...
http://www.thatsgreatnews.com/Huskies14 They say 10 options available! Look good in the ad...
Just say'n...

I dont mind those, but the acrylic clear background looks nothing like the previous ones. May have to custom laminate a hartford courant so they match the previous ones. Plus I wanted to get off a message count of 666! :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice 4-championship Adidas shirt at D i ck's; unfortunately only in large (please post if you see other sizes elsewhere):
pDSP1-18515731dt.jpg

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35119306&ppp=17&page=1
Finally lucked out. Called the Plainville store around 20 minutes after they had gotten a shipment from the Danbury store containing a lot of these shirts. Most were medium or large, but he found a XL and held it for me. Nice shirt. A little thin, but the fit is nice and true to size. 90/10 mix so shrinkage should be reduced. There were at least 15 mediums and 15 larges when I was there around 5. Fwiw, also one XL and one L of the "Net Worthy" Eastern Regional shirts.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm convinced they aren't making XLs. Of anything. I refuse to believe this many sold out. Everywhere. All the co-ops at the branch campuses are out of Double trouble XL t shirts.

Come on.

Reaction Score
pDSP1-18515731dt.jpg

Finally lucked out. Called the Plainville store around 20 minutes after they had gotten a shipment from the Danbury store containing a lot of these shirts. Most were medium or large, but he found a XL and held it for me. Nice shirt. A little thin, but the fit is nice and true to size. 90/10 mix so shrinkage should be reduced. There were at least 15 mediums and 15 larges when I was there around 5. Fwiw, also one XL and one L of the "Net Worthy" Eastern Regional shirts.
Mannnn! I looked on the Dick's website and refreshed the screen and they had all sizes. Went to add one to my shopping cart and it stated none available. Refeshed the screen again and the XL size is now out of stock. Crap!!! Probably missed out by just minutes. I bought a few Ts already but this is the one I want to add.

Reaction Score
I want to add a NC Mini-ball to my collection. The mini-one for this year is very simply and ugly. The full size looks sweet, but it's too big and too expensive for my taste. I was hoping they'd come out with another style. Do some of you wonder like I do, who comes up with some of these designs? You'd think they'd sit back and look at their product and ask themselves, "Would I buy that?" A nice design could sell a whole bunch of product, while a crappy one I'd imagine might not sell all that well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mannnn! I looked on the 's website and refreshed the screen and they had all sizes. Went to add one to my shopping cart and it stated none available. Refeshed the screen again and the XL size is now out of stock. Crap!!! Probably missed out by just minutes. I bought a few Ts already but this is the one I want to add.
You might try calling the D i ck's stores near you and asking them if they have any XLs in stock. There were no XLs on the website in the dozen or so times that I checked yesterday, and the Milford, Meriden, Waterford and Newington stores were all out when I called them, but I caught the Plainville store 20 minutes after they had just received a big shipment of these from the Danbury store, in which there was an XL that they were kind enough to hold for me for a few hours. So, there is some inventory moving around out there--you've just got to track it down. But every store I called was willing to check and let me know before I made the trip.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Do some of you wonder like I do, who comes up with some of these designs? You'd think they'd sit back and look at their product and ask themselves, "Would I buy that?" A nice design could sell a whole bunch of product, while a crappy one I'd imagine might not sell all that well.
I've thought a lot about this and I agree, but what I've concluded is that the designs are being done by people who have no connection to UConn whatsoever, and therefore no sense of what our fans might like. That's why I really miss Husky Wear, because those guys had unique, thoughtful designs.

Reaction Score
Just saw this at Bob's in Milford. They had a couple smalls, lots of Mediums
D*mn! I didn't even know Bob's had this style. I just called them and all they have is S & M. They said they've had this style for a few days now. Something tells me that I'm just not going to find this shirt.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So these arrived today from the on-line order I placed with Sports Authority the other day. 100% cotton, nice designs, decent fit...BUT the thinnest t-shirts I've seen yet. Our copy paper is thicker. It's a real shame because the fit is decent, if a bit on the snug size, but I fear that a few washes will render them useless for my regular wear. Debating whether to send them back for a refund. If I had seen them beforehand I would probably have gotten XXL instead of XL to account for the shrinkage, but I don't have enough faith to exchange them now. I'll either keep them or return for a refund.

pTSA-18452285dt.jpg

pTSA-18408684dt.jpg

Reaction Score
So these arrived today from the on-line order I placed with Sports Authority the other day. 100% cotton, nice designs, decent fit...BUT the thinnest t-shirts I've seen yet. Our copy paper is thicker. It's a real shame because the fit is decent, if a bit on the snug size, but I fear that a few washes will render them useless for my regular wear. Debating whether to send them back for a refund. If I had seen them beforehand I would probably have gotten XXL instead of XL to account for the shrinkage, but I don't have enough faith to exchange them now. I'll either keep them or return for a refund.

pTSA-18452285dt.jpg

pTSA-18408684dt.jpg

These types of shirts are " modern fit".

Not like a standard tee -more form fitting.

I can't wear them I look lie a sausage in a casing :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Order 2 sizes too big. That's what what my fat ass does

Curiouser
Reaction Score

No, these are not the American Apparel type of clingy, form fitting shirts that way too many people are using now. I hate those shirts too. These are just very cheap shirts.

Reaction Score
I dont mind those, but the acrylic clear background looks nothing like the previous ones. May have to custom laminate a hartford courant so they match the previous ones. Plus I wanted to get off a message count of 666! :)

Same here. I have the first 3 lined up and this would look really odd next to them. Odd enough where I wouldn't buy it if they don't come out with the other, older format.

Reaction Score
Same here. I have the first 3 lined up and this would look really odd next to them. Odd enough where I wouldn't buy it if they don't come out with the other, older format.
I called the company. They said they'll do it onto wood. You would simply pick which style you would like and then in the misc/changes area, you can note "wood plaque - mahogany and gold". They'll work with you to customize it.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I called the company. They said they'll do it onto wood. You would simply pick which style you would like and then in the misc/changes area, you can note "wood plaque - mahogany and gold". They'll work with you to customize it.

Awesome. Did they give you a cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline