Gear | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sweet flag on ebay:

$_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Connecticut...05837?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ad36fe5ed

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I saw an awesome one at a store in the Love Field airport when I was flying out of Dallas but didn't buy it because I'd be able to find it cheaper online. Bad decision.

Me too! Haven't seen it since.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Some of those non-name brand shirts are pretty nice. My only complaint is that those shirts tend to shrink mightily after one wash.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm convinced that all these sites, minus Sports Authority, Target, big name stores, all pull from the same warehouse. The Co-Ops site even says it's powered by Fanatics. I'm a tall guy and always struggle finding longer sleeved hoodies, etc. Around X-mas I always start looking for something to get (or have the wife give me) and every site is always magically out of the same sizes of EVERY item. From fanatics to the co-op, to obscure sites...they all pull from the same site. It sucks. I really wanted the "Coming to Storrs" shirt from 2011 but couldn't find it ANYWHERE in XXL. If anyone ever comes across that shirt in your searches let me know

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Some of those non-name brand shirts are pretty nice. My only complaint is that those shirts tend to shrink mightily after one wash.
Yeah that's always a potential concern for those shirts. FWIW, this one, which is the only non-official one I've bought, specifies that it is a Gildan Ultra Cotton (100%) shirt, which in my experience are good shirts:

$_14.JPG

I am more concerned that a few of the official shirts that I have ordered from Fanatics and Sports Authority do not specify whether they are 100% cotton or not. Hoping that they are not 50/50 blends when they show up--otherwise they are going back.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's always a potential concern for those shirts. FWIW, this one, which is the only non-official one I've bought, specifies that it is a Gildan Ultra Cotton (100%) shirt, which in my experience are good shirts:

$_14.JPG

I am more concerned that a few of the official shirts that I have ordered from Fanatics and Sports Authority do not specify whether they are 100% cotton or not. Hoping that they are not 50/50 blends when they show up--otherwise they are going back.

Never buying a Gilden again, had a nice one with the previous Jonathan on it. After one wash it was regulated to a workout/yard-work shirt. I didn't check the material on it, so maybe it was a mixture. If you are saying that one is good, I might pick it up as I do like the design on it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Never buying a Gilden again, had a nice one with the previous Jonathan on it. After one wash it was regulated to a workout/yard-work shirt. I didn't check the material on it, so maybe it was a mixture. If you are saying that one is good, I might pick it up as I do like the design on it.
Well I haven't received the shirt yet so I can't say for sure, but I am a t-shirt snob and Gildan 100% cotton shirts have been among the better ones I've gotten in recent years. Anvil or Hane's Beefy-Ts used to be my favorites, but I don't see those much if at all any more.

Reaction Score
Did anyone ever find a newspaper plaque? I have tried a few google searches to no avail.

And SI is not doing anything commemorative-wise? That is insane!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Did anyone ever find a newspaper plaque? I have tried a few google searches to no avail.

And SI is not doing anything commemorative-wise? That is insane!!

They're trying to get out of that business. Besides, tough to do one when you have little to work with (in the past they just compiled a lot of the stuff they'd had written for the team that won during the year, doubt they had much on UConn this year).

Reaction Score
I'm either plainly missing it or just don't know, but any idea from anyone if these are intended for a release to the public?

I don't believe so. They were custom made for Geno, which is why you can see his name on the design. I would love to get my hands on a pair as well.

As an aside, pretty funny how you can clearly see that it spells "UCON" instead of "UCONN" on the shoe on the right.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Love under armour, this is on amazon. However, doesn't nike have exclusive rights? Are there any other Dri-fit type shirts out there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom