Gavin Edwards Back At UConn To Get Degree | The Boneyard

Gavin Edwards Back At UConn To Get Degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Good for him. liked this quote a lot...

“And the fans are different. They like to throw things on the court. I was never afraid – it was my fans who were throwing things.”
Among the items Edwards has seen flung on the court, usually at refs: full cups of coffee and batteries.

Reaction Score
Too bad Gavin didn't take his academics more seriously while he was actually a student at UCONN. Sorry but he is part of the reason we are suspended this year...a big part..dude dropped out to play in Korea never finished his semester
Do you really think he didn't take school seriously? He played 4 years and was never in any sort of academic trouble. Not exactly Fab Melo.

Reaction Score
Too bad Gavin didn't take his academics more seriously while he was actually a student at UCONN. Sorry but he is part of the reason we are suspended this year...a big part..dude dropped out to play in Korea never finished his semester

According to whom did he not take his studies seriously?

The NCAA?

The NCAA says Eric Bledsoe took his academics more seriously than Gavin Edwards. And you believe that.

Reaction Score
Blame the system, not the player. He did more than anyone from Kentucky ever did, or will do.

Reaction Score

I thought not taking academics more seriously meant; partying too much, not attend your classes, failing classes (or if so not getting help), getting distracted with girls/sex, drinking/smoking pot during the day, etc..... Is your definition different? And what did he do in your eyes that matched any of that? Unless you think leaving school to earn a living equates to that. Personally, I would hope all college students leave school and earn a living.

Reaction Score
Can we retroactively get his points back if he graduates this summer?

And Erik Bledsoe is illiterate, which shows what a joke the process is.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would agree that Gavin should not be killed on this board, but I don't think he should get a free pass either. He should have known his not finishing the semester in good standing would hurt the team and coaches. If Jeremy Lamb can finish with the NBA draft awaiting him, then Gavin and others could have done a better job. The coaches too should have stayed on top of this better to prevent the current situation.

Reaction Score
That is good for Gavin coming back to finish up and get that diploma. Cool for him and if all goes well and he graduates, we get an additional point on our future ARP score. Hopefully this will motivate others to come back and work on getting their degrees.

Reaction Score
I thought not taking academics more seriously meant; partying too much, not attend your classes, failing classes (or if so not getting help), getting distracted with girls/sex, drinking/smoking pot during the day, etc..... Is your definition different? And what did he do in your eyes that matched any of that? Unless you think leaving school to earn a living equates to that. Personally, I would hope all college students leave school and earn a living.
Stop picking on me

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would agree that Gavin should not be killed on this board, but I don't think he should get a free pass either.

I agree. The system sucks, but he didn't do the program any favors. Good for him that he's finishing up his degree, but I don't care.

Reaction Score
I would agree that Gavin should not be killed on this board, but I don't think he should get a free pass either. He should have known his not finishing the semester in good standing would hurt the team and coaches. If Jeremy Lamb can finish with the NBA draft awaiting him, then Gavin and others could have done a better job. The coaches too should have stayed on top of this better to prevent the current situation.

Back then, UConn didn't have joke classes for basketball players. Why do you think the scores went up?

Reaction Score
Blame the system, not the player. He did more than anyone from Kentucky ever did, or will do.

Yet Kentucky is in good academic standing. I always like Gavin, but he did what was best for himself not uconn.

Reaction Score
Yet Kentucky is in good academic standing. I always like Gavin, but he did what was best for himself not uconn.

UConn is an academic institution. It's primary mission is to help students do the best for themselves, not the institution. In fact, when stuff like this comes up in such institutions, where students are required to take tests or surveys for the benefit of benchmarking stats against other schools, faculty and administrators frequently object to putting that onus on students. This is no different than compulsory test-taking whose purpose is to measure teacher's abilities. What's in it for the student?

Reaction Score
Good for Gavin. I can't blame a guy for leaving for a professional pay check whether it be in the nba, korea, or anywhere else. I have friends who left school a year early to serve in the military, and are just returning to school now. It's a little bit different than this scenario but if the end goal is to have an degree and a job Gavin is doing just fine. The aPR is a joke to tell him and the university that he is a failure.

Reaction Score
Nice! Welcome back Gavin, glad to have you back.

Reaction Score
Good ol' Gavin! I always surprised that he didn't finish his degree. Granted, he was a year behind me, but I swear I saw the kid at the library with 1 or 2 of his non-basketball buddies almost every time I went, and he always appeared to be studying...Anyway, good that he's back to finish up.

Reaction Score
I'll take whatever good news comes our way these days.
I'm glad he's back to finish up his degree.

Reaction Score
Good ol' Gavin! I always surprised that he didn't finish his degree. Granted, he was a year behind me, but I swear I saw the kid at the library with 1 or 2 of his non-basketball buddies almost every time I went, and he always appeared to be studying...Anyway, good that he's back to finish up.
We should all remember that there are incredible time demands on basketball players at UConn. With the practices, training, games and travel it's tough to balance that with your schoolwork. So I can see why they may not graduate in 4 years. Plus doesn't the average UConn student take 5 years to graduate. If the players are trying and giving it their all I think we need to cut them a little slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom