Gameplan for Kentucky==make them into a TO machine | The Boneyard

Gameplan for Kentucky==make them into a TO machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We did exactly what we wanted to do against Florida--strangle Frazier and Wilkerbein and move the ball well on offense.

The two guys that give me pause on Kentucky are Randle and Young. Young is going to have to deal with someone taller than him or much quicker than him and he won't be used to it. I see us getting into their guards in the 3/4 quart--maybe even pressing and traping with three guards. We could blitz them very quickly with an aggressive press and trap--they do NOT have exceptional ballhandlers and with our speed coming from samuels Boatright and Napier==they are going to give Kentucky big fits. Now I expect kentucky to win the frontcourt battle--they have the superior player in randle and their next 2-3 guys are also real good around the hoop. The hard double will be used which Im sure will lead to some offensive rebounding but also some kentucky TO's The game does not start in the Uconn paint--Kentucky has to bring the ball up--and while they do not know it yet but we are going to give them problems BIG problems. We are going to be down played again shooed off once more--plays right into our hands. Its really gone unnoticed but we have honestly dominated each of the last 4 games by turning games by 20 points 4 times. Wisconsin is slow--uconn 5 levels faster

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
amazingly enough, they only have 4 t/o against wisconsin.
altho, wisconsin didnt seem to pressure them much.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wisconsin didn't even play defense. It was like watching an NBA game.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
kentucky gave up tons, of open 3's......

dookie v, just said uconn has no chance.
as did, all the rest of the espn guys....

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
for me, the keys to victory are

- pressure kentucky non stop
- gang rebound, don't let kentucky get easy put backs
- hit our open 3's
- get to the line and get kentucky into foul trouble
-keep the game close, they are all freshman, make them feel the pressure, all game long.

Reaction Score
I don't want to say too much here. Was pulling for UW. Honestly was stunned by how slow it seemed it took Bo Ryan to adjsut or make changes in game. He allowed. UK to take Kaminsky out of the game until the end.

Was not impressed w/ UW defense at all (expected much more from what I recalled of games seen)

I sincerely believe earlier poster said it right. UK has no idea what is going to hit them Monday. Shocked that most of sports 'jornolists' are just generally polished versions of our fav Gregg Doyel (of CBS sports - how desperate is CBS to have to hire that slug?)

Agree also......Young & Randle are the real threats.

Last: not one comment on obvious ploy of Calipari to mess w/ poor Jackson at foul line taking 3 foul shots at end with the blatantly bogus 'substitutions'. What a joke the NCAA is..... The officiating of both games was all SEC to boot

Reaction Score
I don't want to say too much here. Was pulling for UW. Honestly was stunned by how slow it seemed it took Bo Ryan to adjsut or make changes in game. He allowed. UK to take Kaminsky out of the game until the end.

Was not impressed w/ UW defense at all (expected much more from what I recalled of games seen)

I sincerely believe earlier poster said it right. UK has no idea what is going to hit them Monday. Shocked that most of sports 'jornolists' are just generally polished versions of our fav Gregg Doyel (of CBS sports - how desperate is CBS to have to hire that slug?)

Agree also.Young & Randle are the real threats.

Last: not one comment on obvious ploy of Calipari to mess w/ poor Jackson at foul line taking 3 foul shots at end with the blatantly bogus 'substitutions'. What a joke the NCAA is..... The officiating of both games was all SEC to boot
Forgot to add: blatantly obvious ESPN biz model is to hype the biggest school audience base. UConn is 'competitive' for marketing the game...........except it is not in the 'real' marketing of the 'homey' analysts playing to biggest audience bases. Got it ESPN....can I waste more time watching your hype---please?

Last edited:

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
kentucky gave up tons, of open 3's.

Yo dawg, I heard, you like, commas

Reaction Score
Make Randle go right. Our seats are in the endzone so we had a great angle tonight and Boat and Bazz overplayed Wilbekin making him go left all night. He was not comfortable at all going left. Wisci allowed Randle to go left all night with his strong hand. We force him right and we may have a chance...of course we're doomed.

BTW, Poitras ?sp got his ankle rolled in that pig pile after KU won. He was limping around pretty significantly post game. Not sure how bad but he was in pain post game

Reaction Score
Its funny because Michighan had absolutely nothing for UK in the post and it took a miracle shot for uk to beat them. Wisky played poor defense as evident on the 3 that won the game and the lack of any pressure throughout the game so i sincerely doubt uk is going to just roll through us like pukie V said. I think the game will likely play out like the UF game. Randle gets his but the guards are neutralized and our length bothers young. We were expected to get blown out against MSU and again against UF. Now its UK thats supposed to destroy us. Yawn!

Reaction Score
Strangle their ballhanders, all I will say is I like the matchup.

Reaction Score
kentucky gave up tons, of open 3's.

A lot of those 3s though came from kicking the ball back out after UK doubled and even tripled Kaminski. Kentucky might try to apply some pressure on our guards with their length and funnel them into the lane where their big guys await. So penetrate and kick to Giffey and Daniels who need to hit their 3s.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree about forcing Kentucky's guards to beat a press. Michigan and Wisconsin are not great defensive teams. Kentucky probably played its best game of the Tournament against Louisville. I don't know if they have another like that in them against a team that pressures the ball.

Once Kentucky gets into the half court, we want them to take 3's rather than go inside to Randle. They are not a great 3 point shooting team. That means a lot of double teaming and quick rotations down low.

Reaction Score
Kentucky plays like freshmen at times during the game and that is when we have to make our runs. They are very athletic and will make some spectacular shots but if we can keep the pressure on their guards we can turn them over. Our defense will be the difference along with turnover advantage.
Few of the talking heads are giving us any respect but it has been that way since the Villanova game and that gives us a huge Mojo advantage.

Reaction Score
For me, I think taking care of the ball is paramount. Force UK to be disciplined on defense for 25-30 seconds at a time. See if they will break down.

Reaction Score
For me, I think taking care of the ball is paramount. Force UK to be disciplined on defense for 25-30 seconds at a time. See if they will break down.
And they will. They have solid one and one defense because their players are all great athletes, but when you run plays, and put them in the pick and roll, they aren't very good. Wisconsin got a number of layups just from slips.

The problem will be slowing penetration (i.e. keeping out of foul trouble) and keeping them off the boards. That will be tough. We are DOOOMED!

Reaction Score

If we can stop them- and I think we an- from playing above the rim, we should be ok playing the way we have throughout the week. Wisc is a big team, but I were a bit surprise about their interior defense- but they were winning! If we can stop them from throwing the ball above the rim for slams, we should do find.

Reaction Score

I noticed, he is a turd. He needs to go DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom