Game Thread Mocs vs UConn 6:30 PM | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Thread Mocs vs UConn 6:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm glad Geno didn't run up the score against Jim. :)

Another 40+ point margin. I know Alex likes to track these things. A minimum MOV of 40 beats 11, right?

I expect Jim to say that the road to the championship goes thru Storrs.

Reaction Score
Why the SNY feed? All of a sudden I heard Breanna, Moriah and Morgan's voices at halftime, and I had to run back into the room so I could hear the interviews. I never get the UConn halftime show on ESPN3. The steamroller keeps on rolling. Go Huskies!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'll take those limits....
Yes, tonight she drove to the hoop, made a jump hook, made a pull up 15 footer, and several o-boards and put backs. Had a double double and had a hand in numerous steals.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Geno didn't run up the score against Jim. :)

Another 40+ point margin. I know Alex likes to track these things. A minimum MOV of 40 beats 11, right?

I expect Jim to say that the road to the championship goes thru Storrs.

UConn missed a lot of shots (while shooting 55%). In the absence of any real competition, the team seemed to play too quickly (especially Moriah). That caused misses on point-blank shots (and turn-overs). A little more patience, the score could have easily climbed above 100. Geno doesn't stop the team from shooting, though he will slow things down if he's way ahead near the end. Gabby and Napheesa were terrific. Now we'll see what buddy Doug has going in Chicago.

Reaction Score
Was Butlers condition discussed in any of the post game interviews? Or during the broadcast?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Does this game really show the difference between the Lady Vols and UConn? Lady Vols beat Mocs 59-57 while UConn beats them 79-31 on a sub par offensive showing by the team. Gabby Williams was the only stater for UConn that played significant minutes in the 4th quarter.

UConn may not play great on the offensive end, but can count on their defense to continue to build leads and/or hold teams at bay.

Reaction Score
Does this game really show the difference between the Lady Vols and UConn? Lady Vols beat Mocs 59-57 while UConn beats them 79-31 on a sub par offensive showing by the team. Gabby Williams was the only stater for UConn that played significant minutes in the 4th quarter.

UConn may not play great on the offensive end, but can count on their defense to continue to build leads and/or hold teams at bay.
From late in the 3rd quarter on it was basically the 2nd team out there - almost everyone on the floor was a sophomore or younger. Geno was not going to keep his starters in against his friend. I imagine he'll do the same thing on Wednesday at DePaul.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Was Butlers condition discussed in any of the post game interviews? Or during the broadcast?
During the game it was said that Geno said her appearance was unlikely.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Not sure what your definition of sub par is. The team shot 55% from the field, had 23 assists on 31 baskets, 14 steals, 12 offensive rebounds and 45 overall. I'll take these numbers any night.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I had no doubts we would win this game, but I thought it would be by about 25. Way to go for the second string playing the whole 4th quarter and dominating. They scored on like 5 straight possessions.

Reaction Score
They discussed some of the rehab she is doing but no mention about her whether she would play. Disappointed we didn't get a chance to see her play. Maybe Geno is more concerned about getting the rest of the bench more consistently in sync. Interesting the announcers said Palido and Boynkin didn't make the trip. I would think then Butler would not have made the trip if she wasn't going to play. At what point in this season do they start considering a red shirt for Boynkin?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
They discussed some of the rehab she is doing but no mention about her whether she would play. Disappointed we didn't get a chance to see her play. Maybe Geno is more concerned about getting the rest of the bench more consistently in sync. Interesting the announcers said Palido and Boynkin didn't make the trip. I would think then Butler would not have made the trip if she wasn't going to play. At what point in this season do they start considering a red shirt for Boynkin?
The "trip" includes going from Chat. up to DePaul for Wed's game so she may play there.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I take it you're feeling better about Collier than you were after the KSU game? ;)

Yes, though I've never been all that worried about her. Just didn't think she looked quite up to UConn speed when I thought she would be. Nobody's been a bigger fan of hers than me. I thought she was the best player in the class and I'd seen all the top 20 or so.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I thought Chong played well again. While we will miss Mo next year, I think we'll be just fine with a starting guard trio of Chong/Kia/Gabby.

Betting that trio doesn't start.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
while UConn beats them 79-31 on a sub par offensive showing by the team.

Outside of some TO's I thought the offense was pretty good. It should be noted that UT-Chatt came in ranked 3rd in the nation on Massey's defensive scale. They didn't have their PG but they are scrappy and play hard.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm not sure two teams play more differently than Depaul and Chattanooga. Amazing those are back-to-back opponents.

Reaction Score
Does this game really show the difference between the Lady Vols and UConn? Lady Vols beat Mocs 59-57 while UConn beats them 79-31.
Did the Chatt point guard who didn't play tonight play against TN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom