Game of Thrones - Season 4 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 4

Reaction Score
Well no but that means information in will have to be coming out well before the written material is published. They already apparently gave away something with the white walker transforming that baby

This thing has totally flipped. Just like Iron Man or any comic that has been adapted for film, GoT has really become a TV show that has a series of books as the source material. Since way more people have watched the show versus actually reading the books, the the show has really established primacy. The writes of the show just have to stick to Fat Bastard's overall intent and they will avert crisis.

Reaction Score
I cannot read this thread at all……I decided this weekend to give it a shot and watch an episode or 2 On Demand……okay I just finished #6 first season and I'm hooked………love it thus far!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ygritte's death is the only one that really got to me a little in the books and the show. Ned Stark was a self-righteous moron who had it coming, and Kaitlyn wasn't much better. As for Robb Stark, well, if someone ever does to my daughter what Stark did to Walder Frey's, that boy better stay away from any parties at my house. The Starks all pretty much had it coming.

I really liked the Ygritte character. She realized what a freakshow her wilding friends were, and was willing to do anything to get away from them, including betting her life on dopey Jon Snow. I have expressed elsewhere that choosing between Ygritte and fighting wilding hordes and ice zombies with the likes of Janos Slynt seemed like a pretty easy choice to me.

It got me thinking about another list. What are the most well-adjusted, normal, healthy romantic relationships in the show?

1) Jon/Ygritte - it says something about the books when the most healthy, loving relationship ends with the woman peppering the man with arrows and then she dies in his arms trying to kill all his friends. And this is #1 on my list. They did really love each other, and for a while were very happy with each other.

2) Renly/Loras - it says something about the books that this is #2. They loved each other, and were willing to do anything for each other, except for a threesome with Loras' sister.

3) Oberyn/Ellaria - lots of bisexual orgies, but they did seem to care about each other.

4) Ned/Kaitlyn - still banging into middle age, and they seemed to enjoy feeling morally superior to everyone else.

That's it. There are 4 healthy relationships in GoT, all of which end with at least one of the people dead, and all of which deserve a very large asterisk.

Who is #5? Joffrey and Sansa? Cersei and Jaime? Littlefinger and Lysa Arryn? Margaery and Tommen? Every other "romantic" relationship in the book is either abusive or exploitative. Freud would have a field day with Martin.

Reaction Score
Ygritte's death is the only one that really got to me a little in the books and the show. Ned Stark was a self-righteous moron who had it coming, and Kaitlyn wasn't much better. As for Robb Stark, well, if someone ever does to my daughter what Stark did to Walder Frey's, that boy better stay away from any parties at my house. The Starks all pretty much had it coming.

I really liked the Ygritte character. She realized what a freakshow her wilding friends were, and was willing to do anything to get away from them, including betting her life on dopey Jon Snow. I have expressed elsewhere that choosing between Ygritte and fighting wilding hordes and ice zombies with the likes of Janos Slynt seemed like a pretty easy choice to me.

It got me thinking about another list. What are the most well-adjusted, normal, healthy romantic relationships in the show?

1) Jon/Ygritte - it says something about the books when the most healthy, loving relationship ends with the woman peppering the man with arrows and then she dies in his arms trying to kill all his friends. And this is #1 on my list. They did really love each other, and for a while were very happy with each other.

2) Renly/Loras - it says something about the books that this is #2. They loved each other, and were willing to do anything for each other, except for a threesome with Loras' sister.

3) Oberyn/Ellaria - lots of bis e xual orgies, but they did seem to care about each other.

4) Ned/Kaitlyn - still banging into middle age, and they seemed to enjoy feeling morally superior to everyone else.

That's it. There are 4 healthy relationships in GoT, all of which end with at least one of the people dead, and all of which deserve a very large asterisk.

Who is #5? Joffrey and Sansa? Cersei and Jaime? Littlefinger and Lysa Arryn? Margaery and Tommen? Every other "romantic" relationship in the book is either abusive or exploitative. Freud would have a field day with Martin.

Jamie and Brienne
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brienne_of_Tarth

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Danny and Drogo was a good one. Tyrion and Shae was a little messed up from the start, since she was, you know, a prostitute. Neither completely trusted the other, and they did eventually go completely scorched earth on each other. Probably makes Top 10 though.

Brienne is still in the friend zone with Jaime. Until she breaks out, it does not qualify.

Gilly is so desperate that it is hard to tell where she stands, and Sam is so hard up the livestock are probably starting to look attractive. The chance of her coming out of a hell hole like Craster's Keep without being seriously messed up is close to zero. Sam even acknowledged as much, right before the ice zombies slaughtered his buddies in Season 2.

Reaction Score
What about Robb Stark and Talisa? That's got to be #1 and you don't even have it listed. Truly fell for each other and he sacraficed a war because of it.

Reaction Score
Most of the characters that are well adjusted seem to get killed off.

Reaction Score
Man I can't get on this thread to post….start reading I don't want to…….all's I can say is I'm on Season 2 #1 tonight, maybe 2 also and it's good stuff……..I do want a baby dragon despite being 54 years old, I admit it…..now at least!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What about Robb Stark and Talisa? That's got to be #1 and you don't even have it listed. Truly fell for each other and he sacraficed a war because of it.

Valid point.

Reaction Score
Man I can't get on this thread to post….start reading I don't want to…….all's I can say is I'm on Season 2 #1 tonight, maybe 2 also and it's good stuff……..I do want a baby dragon despite being 54 years old, I admit it…..now at least!

Mau - Great series. You gotta catch up. Binge watch it, kid!

(And the dragons ain't babies anymore!)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Was I the only one disappointed with the most recent episode? 1 hour of all one thing where all I cared about was what the ending was. That could have been done in 2 10 minute segments. Just seemed like total filler. What about the trial or a billion other things. They are going to have a very busy final episode this season. But Sundays episode was basically start fast forward 55 minutes and done.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The one thing they rarely do is spend a ton of time on battle scenes - large battles start and then they show the aftermath.

They spent a lot of time on the one Sunday, but given that this is the real war, I get it.

Next Sunday is going to be Red Wedding crazy, I think.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The one thing they rarely do is spend a ton of time on battle scenes - large battles start and then they show the aftermath.

They spent a lot of time on the one Sunday, but given that this is the real war, I get it.

It is the same in the books. The Battle of Whispering Wood, where Jaime is captured, is never covered, we just turn the page and find out that Jaime has been captured. The Battle of Oxcross is only told second hand through Sansa and Kaitlyn, who weren't anywhere near it. It is a more important battle in the show, because that is where Robb meets Talisa and starts the process of turning pending victory into a spectacular defeat. The Battle of Stone Mill, which is one of the most important battles in the books, is told through Kaitlyn, who is no where near the actual battle and spends most of the chapter pondering why her brother is such a jackass while he is out "winning" the battle.

Reaction Score
Mau - Great series. You gotta catch up. Binge watch it, kid!

(And the dragons ain't babies anymore!)

I am binge watching it like a fn addict……..hooked like heroin………mornings at 5 of one and evenings when the wife hits the hay……..only just past whacked dude who's banging his daughters and handing babies to the white eyed crazies………hmmmmmmmm?

Reaction Score
It is the same in the books. The Battle of Whispering Wood, where Jaime is captured, is never covered, we just turn the page and find out that Jaime has been captured. The Battle of Oxcross is only told second hand through Sansa and Kaitlyn, who weren't anywhere near it. It is a more important battle in the show, because that is where Robb meets Talisa and starts the process of turning pending victory into a spectacular defeat. The Battle of Stone Mill, which is one of the most important battles in the books, is told through Kaitlyn, who is no where near the actual battle and spends most of the chapter pondering why her brother is such a jackass while he is out "winning" the battle.

I've read the books (in the last 1/4 of DWD) and watched the series, but the more time I spend here (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page) the more I realize that I've missed and/or misunderstood a lot.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Yeah, if they do what I think you think they are going to do, it absolutely will be. I would like to see that this week. I think there is a shot they hold that off until next season. The Purple wedding in the scheme of things should have come in last season and they held it off. It seems like they like to do 2 "Big events" to close the seasons. And we've had those this year with Oberyn and the battle at the wall/Ygritte. The show is really messing with the book timelines now with them using storylines from books 3,4,5 in a single season, so its hard to figure where they are going to place that stuff. If they do go there this episode its going to be an epic season closer for sure.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think we should keep this thread retrospective instead of prospective, at least until Sunday at 10:06 pm EDT. I don't know where they will cut off this season since they are in 3 different books at this point, but any further discussion of the finale will be a spoiler.

Reaction Score
Was I the only one disappointed with the most recent episode? 1 hour of all one thing where all I cared about was what the ending was. That could have been done in 2 10 minute segments. Just seemed like total filler. What about the trial or a billion other things. They are going to have a very busy final episode this season. But Sundays episode was basically start fast forward 55 minutes and done.
You could say the same about episode 9 of S2, didn't make it less epic

All I expect from next episode is wrapping up things in King's Landing. Maybe a wrap-up with Arya, maybe something with Brann, and maaaaybe Stannis or Danny. Wouldn't shock me if there's another white walker tease.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is awesome

edit-7890-1402519693-3.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member