Game of Thrones - Season 4 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 4

Reaction Score
Was I the only one disappointed with the most recent episode? 1 hour of all one thing where all I cared about was what the ending was. That could have been done in 2 10 minute segments. Just seemed like total filler. What about the trial or a billion other things. They are going to have a very busy final episode this season. But Sundays episode was basically start fast forward 55 minutes and done.

I was disappointed as well.

Reaction Score
Heading into the finale, I give you The Deepster's Game of Thrones Power Ranking

1. Tywin Lannister – Still pulling all the strings in Kings Landing. For now.
  2. Khaleesi – You just can’t overlook the army and 3 dragons.
  3. Littlefinger – Rising up the charts in the last month.
  4. Mance Rayder – 100,000 wildings, giants and wooly mammoths are a wildcard.
  5. Roose Bolton – Has snuck himself into a good spot at a good time.
  6. Stannis Baratheon – The rightful heir to the Iron Throne??? Does he have any steam left?
  7. Tommen Lannister – Like it or not, he’s the King and sits on the Iron Throne.
  8. Cersei Lannister – Like it or not, she still the Mom of the King and has his ear.
  9. Sansa Stark – The new Cersei?
  10. Tyrian Lannister – Falling down the charts, but if he lives he's going to be real pissed off.
  11. Bran Stark – You have to draft him on potential. Could he control a dragon?
  12. Granny Tyrell – Helped orchestrate that Joffrey disaster.
  13. Lord Varys – Littlefinger played his moves, I think Varys now plays his.
  14. Balon Greyjoy – All I know is the 3 leeches were for Robb Stark, Joffrey and Balon Greyjoy for a reason.
  15. Hodor – Hodor is Hodor is Hodor.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed as well.

I wonder if non book readers liked this episode more than those who have read the books. I was perplexed by them spending an entire episode not moving the story line much at all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Heading into the finale, I give you The Deepster's Game of Thrones Power Ranking

1. Tywin Lannister – Still pulling all the strings in Kings Landing. For now.
  2. Khaleesi – You just can’t overlook the army and 3 dragons.
  3. Littlefinger – Rising up the charts in the last month.
  4. Mance Rayder – 100,000 wildings, giants and wooly mammoths are a wildcard.
  5. Roose Bolton – Has snuck himself into a good spot at a good time.
  6. Stannis Baratheon – The rightful heir to the Iron Throne??? Does he have any steam left?
  7. Tommen Lannister – Like it or not, he’s the King and sits on the Iron Throne.
  8. Cersei Lannister – Like it or not, she still the Mom of the King and has his ear.
  9. Sansa Stark – The new Cersei?
  10. Tyrian Lannister – Falling down the charts, but if he lives he's going to be real pissed off.
  11. Bran Stark – You have to draft him on potential. Could he control a dragon?
  12. Granny Tyrell – Helped orchestrate that Joffrey disaster.
  13. Lord Varys – Littlefinger played his moves, I think Varys now plays his.
  14. Balon Greyjoy – All I know is the 3 leeches were for Robb Stark, Joffrey and Balon Greyjoy for a reason.
  15. Hodor – Hodor is Hodor is Hodor.

1) Olenna Tyrell - She just killed the king and has Littlefinger as an ally. Tywin wouldn't last a month if she pulled her support. Now she just has to have her smoking hot granddaughter take Tommen's cherry and she will be the de facto ruler of the 7 kingdoms. Seems like the odds are in her favor.

2) Tywin - he has made a lot of deals with a lot of devils. Roose Bolton and Walder Frey are more liability than asset as allies. Tried to make friends with the Martells, but that ended up with Oberyn getting his skull crushed as the Mountain confessed to raping Oberyn's sister and killing her children, so he can probably cross the Martell's off his Xmas card list. His children all hate him, and he is about to make the only competent one of them a head shorter.

3) Littlefinger - He has the Vale, he has Sansa, and he has a very powerful ally in the Queen of Thorns.

4) Stannis - the Iron Bank is a good friend to have.

5) Khaleesi - the dragons don't listen to her, and she is turning out to be kind of a screw up as a ruler.

6) Mance - I would like to control an army of giants and mammoths. That would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, he is on the wrong side of the Wall right now.

7) Cersei - mostly a screw up but she is still mom of the king and she has managed to get her little brother scheduled for execution.

8) Tommen - a lot more focused on what is inside of Margaery's dress than ruling.

9) Sansa - just became a player.

10) Martells - they are probably pretty pissed off right now.

11) Roose Bolton - probably the smartest player in the game, but he just doesn't have the cards to win. He knows that as soon as a Stark shows up, his support evaporates, but in the meantime, he has a wilding army about to bust through the Wall and come hurtling down on him. Nobody thinks he is going to win or even hold the North.

12) Balon Greyjoy - idiot

13) Bran - on suicide mission to fight the ice zombies. That should take him out of contention.

14) Tullys - So Kaitlyn takes Tyrion prisoner and effectively ends her family as a major player in Westeros. That is what blowing it looks like.

Not independent players:

Margaery - still on the QoT's team.
Davos
Jaime - not trying
Brienne
Jorah
Arya

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Pet peeve of mine = hearing khaleesi as the main moniker for her.

Her name is Daenerys Targaryen

Khaleesi just means she was married to a khal.

It is known. :)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
75 minutes of total awesomeness. Good move on my part to skip the Heat mailing it in and watch the GoT finale.

Reaction Score
Pet peeve of mine = hearing khaleesi as the main moniker for her.

Her name is Daenerys Targaryen

Khaleesi just means she was married to a khal.

It is known. :)

I like when she is called Mother of Dragons and Daenerys Stormborn

August_West

Reaction Score
John said:
I like when she is called Mother of Dragons and Daenerys Stormborn
And the unburnt And mysha And Queen of mereen And breaker of chains Queen of the andals and first men So many names! I just call her sugar a&@

Reaction Score
1) Olenna Tyrell - She just killed the king and has Littlefinger as an ally. Tywin wouldn't last a month if she pulled her support. Now she just has to have her smoking hot granddaughter take Tommen's cherry and she will be the de facto ruler of the 7 kingdoms. Seems like the odds are in her favor.

2) Tywin - he has made a lot of deals with a lot of devils. Roose Bolton and Walder Frey are more liability than asset as allies. Tried to make friends with the Martells, but that ended up with Oberyn getting his skull crushed as the Mountain confessed to raping Oberyn's sister and killing her children, so he can probably cross the Martell's off his Xmas card list. His children all hate him, and he is about to make the only competent one of them a head shorter.

3) Littlefinger - He has the Vale, he has Sansa, and he has a very powerful ally in the Queen of Thorns.

5) Khaleesi - the dragons don't listen to her, and she is turning out to be kind of a screw up as a ruler.

6) Mance - I would like to control an army of giants and mammoths. That would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, he is on the wrong side of the Wall right now.

7) Cersei - mostly a screw up but she is still mom of the king and she has managed to get her little brother scheduled for execution.

8) Tommen - a lot more focused on what is inside of Margaery's dress than ruling.

11) Roose Bolton - probably the smartest player in the game, but he just doesn't have the cards to win. He knows that as soon as a Stark shows up, his support evaporates, but in the meantime, he has a wilding army about to bust through the Wall and come hurtling down on him. Nobody thinks he is going to win or even hold the North.

13) Bran - on suicide mission to fight the ice zombies. That should take him out of contention.

14) Tullys - So Kaitlyn takes Tyrion prisoner and effectively ends her family as a major player in Westeros. That is what blowing it looks like.

Not independent players:

Davos
Jaime - not trying
Brienne
Jorah
Arya
Jon Snow can't make the list? With a little luck he could wind up leader of a united Crows/Wildling/stanos army.

Reaction Score
For continuity sake, I'd like to know what happened to the youngest Stark lad that Bran sent off to safety. Has he been written out of the timeline, or, will he show up in some future power struggle. He seemed to be a non-entity, but he could be a wildcard.

Reaction Score
As season finales go, last night's episode left just enough to pique the interest. There was resolution, closure, & questions left to be answered. We now know who won't be playing the game in future episodes. We wonder the destination & outcome of some characters. We saw some new alliances formed & quests embarked on. As always, there are favorites who were eliminated that will be missed & we wonder who will emerge to take their place.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
coachcap said:
For continuity sake, I'd like to know what happened to the youngest Stark lad that Bran sent off to safety. Has he been written out of the timeline, or, will he show up in some future power struggle. He seemed to be a non-entity, but he could be a wildcard.

He's safely at a friendly castle, like Princess Marcella. Neither is important to the story as of right now.

Reaction Score
Wow, episode was well done. Didn't think they could fit all that in.
They didn't fit it all in. I was waiting for a certain someone to make an appearance and it never happened. I don't want to spoil anything but the the 3rd book ended a little differently. Guess we'll have to wait until next season for "her".

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tywin Lannister is a bigger loss to the story than any character that has been killed so far. A story is only as good as its villain, and GoT just lost a great villain.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Jon Snow can't make the list? With a little luck he could wind up leader of a united Crows/Wildling/stanos army.

Jon Snow just became an independent player in the last episode. Prior to that point, he didn't deserve a ranking.

For the R+L=J crowd, the look the red priestess gave Snow through the fire may be a foreshadowing event. She has a thing for royalty.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They didn't fit it all in. I was waiting for a certain someone to make an appearance and it never happened. I don't want to spoil anything but the the 3rd book ended a little differently. Guess we'll have to wait until next season for "her".

That is a great way to kick off next season.

August_West

Reaction Score

Im ok with that being out. Im just glad they squeezed the Tyrion double murder in.

Also, SO different from the book, but the Brienne/Hound battle (and interactions) was probably the best part of that episode. When they first got together, I was pissed because it is a big departure, but they killed in that scene and the writers made it make sense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Not independent players:

Davos
Jaime - not trying
Brienne
Jorah
Arya

Final Season 4 Rankings (ranking overall team, not just person)

1) Olenna - in the driver's seat now. Cersei is dependent on the Tyrells more than Tywin was, and Margaery is still smoking hot and working on getting in Tommen's pants. She has one of the best knights in the kingdom on her team in Loras, but her son is a doofus.

2) Littlefinger - His most dangerous adversary is gone now, he still has the Vale and Sansa, and he just has to figure out a way to get rid of that twisted little wretch Robin and he will be in very good shape.

3) Stannis - good tactical move by Stannis. Mance and Stannis should be natural allies because Mance and the Red Witch are more afraid of the White Walkers than anyone else. Davos and Red Witch are a good sidekicks, although his wife is a drag.

4) Cersei - she was pretty gangster in the last episode, telling off her dad and then banging Jaime in the kingsguard room. She controls the Lannister armies and the king now, but pretty much everyone hates her and she is kind of a screwup when you review her body of work to date. As for her entourage, Jaime is erratic and untrustworthy, Pycelle is an idiot, but Qyburn is badass, and definitely the kind of guy you want on your side. With Tywin gone, I will put Tommen on her team, for now.

5) Danearys - She seems to call every coin flip the wrong way, and her advisers are pretty much useless now that Jorah is gone. Selmy, Grey Worm and Missandre are just not cutting it, and she inexplicably started banging Daario. One dragon is getting a taste for human flesh, and the other two are locked up in a cave. Hard to pick her to win at this point.

6) Sansa - On Littlefinger's team for now, but an increasingly powerful player in her own right. She also has a cold-blooded killer for a sister should they ever meet up again. If Hubie Brown was doing a GoT draft, he would be raving about Arya's "upside". Tentatively putting Brienne on Sansa's team for now, and Brienne did some nice work on the Hound.

7) Doran Martell (we will meet him next year) - Tywin was the only thing keeping this crew in line. Oberyn's dead and the Mountain publicly confessed to some awful stuff against the Martells. Cersei has a problem here.

8) Balon Greyjoy - still an idiot.

9) Bran - The Tree Guy is a good ally to have, but I don't know how Bran gets out of that cave with the skeleton creatures from the Mummy right outside the entrance. Jojen seemed to be the only smart one on his crew.

10) Roose Bolton - Add Stannis to the list of Bolton's problems. Ramsey could use some sensitivity training too.

11) Walder Frey - people are really, really pissed off at him. He is still in the game though.

12) Mance - He had a 100,000 man army, but unfortunately they were Wildings and pretty much uncontrollable. He is not in a good spot right now. Ygritte, red beard guy, and the crazy baldhead Thenn were the only members of his crew worth anything, and 2 are dead and 1 is in chains.

13) Tyrion - he is free, but in a box on a ship that could be going anywhere.

14) Varys - The guy Varys sets free happens to kill the most powerful man in the world on his way out the door. Oops.

Out of the game (Leaders only):

Ned Stark - idiot.
Kaitlyn Stark - idiot. Don't start a fight you can't finish.
Robb Stark - idiot. Did he have to marry her?
Renly - nobody saw that coming. I mean, who expects a demon monster to crawl out from between a witch's legs and kill the leader in the War of the Five Kings with the most badass lady knight in the world standing right there doing nothing?
Tully's - Siblings: Edmure is a doofus, Kaitlyn is an idiot and Lysa is batspit crazy. Probably best for that bloodline to end.
Joffrey - surprised it took so long.
Robert Baratheon - booze and boars don't mix.
Oberyn - No one turned a great victory into literally a crushing defeat quicker than this guy.

Reaction Score

she doesn't play a tremendous role in the books beyond a little shock value, at least in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Should we start a seperate GOT spoiler thread for those that have read the books? That way we can discuss book vs. show without ruining things for others.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Should we start a seperate GOT spoiler thread for those that have read the books? That way we can discuss book vs. show without ruining things for others.

If you want. I think it is less of a problem now that Tywin is dead and so many of the show storylines seem to be into Book 5 already.

August_West

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
If you want. I think it is less of a problem now that Tywin is dead and so many of the show storylines seem to be into Book 5 already.

Plus I don't see anyone spoiling anything. No names.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
August_West said:
Im ok with that being out. Im just glad they squeezed the Tyrion double murder in.

Also, SO different from the book, but the Brienne/Hound battle (and interactions) was probably the best part of that episode. When they first got together, I was pissed because it is a big departure, but they killed in that scene and the writers made it make sense.

This annoyed me a bit as well. I think in part it gave the Hound a better death than a wound infection and it gave Brienne something to do. GRRM spent a lot of pages in between her doing anything.

I was expecting at least one new character from Dorne, but I'm not sure that they intend to follow that storyline at all yet. The way they built this season, they could spend another season post wall battle, follow Arya, and the post Trion escape and Tywin murder and leave the rest of the current books aside until the new ones arrive.

The probably have two, maybe three seasons of material left, but I think the show runners have a mind to get on with it and develop their own endings if necessary. The Dorne angle is a complete side track.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom