Game Highlights: UConn vs. Dayton | The Boneyard

Game Highlights: UConn vs. Dayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I forgot what a good game Facey had. @ just about 55 second mark Boat passes to Purvis who passes on an open jumper and passes back to Boat who dribbles to the exact spot that RP was and takes the shot he passed on.

As always, great job TCF. Thanks!

Reaction Score
That Boatright to curling Cassell then dump down to a D-Ham layup is the type of set play I hope we see a lot this year! Having 3 PGs, a shooting guard with decent vision, and a wing with great dishing skills is going to be one of the best developing characteristics all year for this team.

Reaction Score
Contributions from many players, but in watching that highlight reel one thing stood out -

this was Purvis' coming out fiesta.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
we will have so much movement and energy when we play the 3 guard lineup... 3 players who can handle the ball and make smart decisions

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i may have short term memory, but i dont remember a freshman who came in from day one and look so confident with everything he does in hamilton... the kid has the confidence to make the shot, drive to the basket, handle the ball, and makes smart passes.

Reaction Score
i may have short term memory, but i dont remember a freshman who came in from day one and look so confident with everything he does in hamilton... the kid has the confidence to make the shot, drive to the basket, handle the ball, and makes smart passes.
He's really a ferocious rebounder too.

caw

Reaction Score
confidence and ability out of the gate? Really only El Amin had both offensively. Even Butler took some time. If you want just confidence Selvie/Kemba/Bazz/etc.

Gay had ability but lacked some confidence.

Reaction Score
caw said:
confidence and ability out of the gate? Really only El Amin had both offensively. Even Butler took some time. If you want just confidence Selvie/Kemba/Bazz/etc. Gay had ability but lacked some confidence.

Butler had both, but was easily the best player on the team and had to carry them from the start, which he wasn't ready to do.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Not only am I thrilled to see how battle-ready Purvis, Cassell and Hamilton have looked, but I love the way they have just blended in with the culture of the program so quickly. The team chemistry is fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Regardless of where this season ends up, I think it's pretty clear already that this team with be a lot of fun to watch. Boat is simply amazing - he's done such a great job of harnessing that freakish athleticism and picking his spots. He gets everyone involved but steps up when we need him to, and almost quietly averages close to 20 a game so far. Hamilton has huge testiculos, Brimah's offensive skills have made a huge leap, RP is getting his legs under him.....and Facey, let me tell you about this Facey kid. After Giffey left I thought it'd be awhile before I had another in the trenches, behind the scenes favorite husky, but Facey's D and rebounding have been huge this year. Kentan "cool runnings" Facey indeed

Reaction Score
We've got the pieces to be like the 08-09 Missouri Tigers. Hopefully we can make it farther than the Elite 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom