Game Day! Tonight Against Iowa on ESPN at Approximately 9:30 p.m. | The Boneyard

Game Day! Tonight Against Iowa on ESPN at Approximately 9:30 p.m.

Reaction Score
Very few thought we would make it to another Final Four in a year filled with a seemingly endless barrage of injuries and challenges. Then when Aubrey went down, many BYers were despondent, some even proclaiming that the season was effectively over. Forced to start 2 freshmen and to have the first two reserves also as freshmen, they somehow persevered, bonded together magnificently, and made it through. Now, in a game with historic implications for women's basketball, the greatest all around player in the country will lead her team against an opponent led by the greatest offensive player the women's game has ever seen. There is really not much more to say except that we are so very proud of our team and just love them and what they have accomplished. They seem loose and having fun and truly enjoying themselves in Cleveland which makes them a very dangerous team and also one very much true to their own identity. One thing is for sure, we have a hell of a coach and coaching staff on our sidelines and one great, great group of kids.

Reaction Score
Think UCONN is the old cliche;
“The whole is greater the sum of it’s parts”
Now, it’s crunch time
Let’s see if Geno can keep the machine running when it counts

Reaction Score
I feel there is a narrative that's been missing with the endless coverage of Paige vs Caitlin and who is the better player. Caitlin became a first-name phenomenon after a spectacular run in last year's tourney, capped by a legendary performance and win against an undefeated SC team. She is a highlight reel due to her out of the area code shooting and transition passing.

On the other hand, while Paige has her highlight moments, her game is nuanced and more wide ranging. What goes unmentioned is, like Clark last year, Paige has elevated her level from the Big East tourney on. Just take a look at her numbers in the last 7 games - scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and block number are up. Basically, she is doing it all for UConn, much like Clark did last season and in their last 2 games against Colorado & LSU.

I listened to Shannon Sharpe on First Take the other day talk about Paige. While I rarely agree with what he has to say, I fully concur with his take on Paige. He said that as great as Paige is playing now, just wait until next year when that extra 10% comes back in her recovery process.

However, the nation might not have to wait until next year. Paige is on a mission, and I believe she is going to author her way into UConn lore with a game for the ages tonight.

Reaction Score
I hope the late start time won’t mess up the players. I know that Geno and his staff have been preparing them for late game the last few days. But historically, UConn hasn’t done well with late games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom