Gabby Williams | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me, well, admittedly, I don't know much about basketball. so I rely heavily on comments made by my fellow posters, especially where GW is concerned:

" She isn't tall enough."
" She can't shoot."
" She doesn't have what it takes to be a starter."

So, my question is, "Why would any team want her?"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Gabby was sensational tonight. Easily the most improved player from last year and that's saying something given that Kia Nurse improved as well. She will continue to remind us just why she was the #2 recruit in her class prior to the injuries. Did you all catch that steal at the defensive end, drive down the court, and left handed layup? Girl's got GUARD skills now! :D

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The Gabbulous one was a beast tonight - love her game!
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers,
Is, Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber,
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
Fun, fun-fun, fun, fun!
But, the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is,
She's the only one!
She-e's the only one!"

Reaction Score
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers,
Is, Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber,
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
Fun, fun-fun, fun, fun!
But, the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is,
She's the only one!
She-e's the only one!"

Saw this video..... and it reminded me of Gabby!!

Reaction Score
As with the a lot of our readers, before the season started I believed Ms BUTLER would be our fifth starter. But now, I'm not sure that Geno can or will take Gabby out of the starting lineup. She adds a great deal of quickness to our defense and my how that girl can sky for a rebound. In last nights game, we were up by 10 points and Gabby appeared to be involved in every play. When she picked up her second foul and was taken out of the game, I believe OSU then scored nine straight points. Of course we once again widened the lead to double digits, but we seemed to play our best when Gabby was on the floor. But the play that I loved the most occurred after Mo had scored on on a break away layup. OSU inbounded the ball and Gabby stole a pass in the back court, dribbled towards the goal and then passed to a wide open Mo, who once again scored on a layup. Before this season ends, Gabby will be the Morgan Tuck of last year and have a breakout year. What a pair of sophomores we have on this team, both Gabby and Kia are destine for greatness.

Reaction Score
Gabby was sensational tonight. Easily the most improved player from last year and that's saying something given that Kia Nurse improved as well. She will continue to remind us just why she was the #2 recruit in her class prior to the injuries. Did you all catch that steal at the defensive end, drive down the court, and left handed layup? Girl's got GUARD skills now! :D

Gabby was great on defense, rebounded strongly, and can really score around the rim. But, the one 17 footer she took did not look very good.

Reaction Score
Gabby was cleaning the glass all night. Her defensive presence in the 3-2 was phenomenal. Her lateral quickness kept the OS guards at bay and her hands were in the passing lanes. A few times, she rebounded the ball like Barkley...cradling it with one hand.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe a few of us missed a few things about the offensive game in the paint if they think Natalie Butler should not be the 5th starter.

Reaction Score
I would think Gabby is a great fit in the starting lineup. She's a great defensive matchup with any opposing small forward, a huge asset in the zone, and her only weakness (outside shooting) is not a problem when both of the starting posts have 3 point range.

Reaction Score
I s
Maybe a few of us missed a few things about the offensive game in the paint if they think Natalie Butler should not be the 5th starter.

I still expect Butler to win her way into the starting five when she gets healthy. Having her in the middle will create so many more offensive opportunities for everyone else.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was one of the few that felt Gabby could easily be the 5th starter among a few others and was banished from the kingdom. Natalie's injury may have helped some in making this happen. The "leap" Gabby has taken, which went unnnoticed by some in pre season, was huge. Collier and KLS are getting in the mix nicely as subs.
Natalie will be a huge asset this yr in whatever role we need her. The next two years she will be relied on to help anchor us in the paint. The speed and athleticism of our top 5-7 right now is awesome. You don't score 100 pts away vs a strong team unless everyone is on the same page. This team already looks significantly better than last year's team - to me anyway. Gabby is a force and already looks like a veteran out there. With the strength of our top 5- it will be easy to get KLS and Collier in the mix with less pressure and get them comfortable to just do their thing. This can be one of our greatest teams ever.

Reaction Score
I was one who thought Natalie Butler would be the 5th starter! I agree that Gabby brings great energy and amazing athletic ability to the lineup! But I remember how Geno loves players that come in off the bench and change the pace of the game dramatically!
Gabby Williams can be that energy player, 1st off the bench! There's something about an athletic 6'4"/6'5" + player! See: R. Lobo/T. Charles/S. Dolson/J. Moore/ K. Schumacher/ K. Wolters! You can't teach height!
At the 1st Night Autograph Session, I told Gabby she's the subject of a debate on the BONEYARD if she's a GUARD or a FORWARD, and she answered, "I'm a FORWARD, and I love it, but I've still got a lot to learn!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom