Future UConn Syracuse series in the works | The Boneyard

Future UConn Syracuse series in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It needs to be done. I cannot stand the fruit and that is a great thing for a rivalry.

Reaction Score
I would love for them to play every year on a Saturday or Sunday at MSG in December/January

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ugh...forget MSG. Let them play at their home arenas. I don't care if it's the XL or Gampel (though prefer Gampel) but these games are so heated for fans, why not let the majority get to the game. As much fun as MSG is, I can't see it having the same atmosphere you'd find in Hartford or Storrs.

Reaction Score
Ugh...forget MSG. Let them play at their home arenas. I don't care if it's the XL or Gampel (though prefer Gampel) but these games are so heated for fans, why not let the majority get to the game. As much fun as MSG is, I can't see it having the same atmosphere you'd find in Hartford or Storrs.

Out of curiosity have you been to a Syracuse/UConn game at MSG? I haven't, but I imagine it's pretty electric.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity have you been to a Syracuse/UConn game at MSG? I haven't, but I imagine it's pretty electric.
I have. It's the place it should be played. Both fan bases under the same roof. If you have never been in a venue where the tide of emotion ebbs and flows from one end of the building to the other then you have to make it a point to get to one at the next opportunity. Cuse and UConn in the garden would be an annual event, both fan bases would travel for it. Appointment ticket.

Reaction Score
Either way I want another shot at them. Soon.

Let this happen. Great for both fan bases.

Reaction Score
Having been to the dome and both uconn home venues along with numerous big east tourney match ups the clear answer is the garden. Nothing compares

more tickets available for uconn fans compared to XL and Gampel and allows a game that the Fairfield County and nyc uconn fans can attend along with the cuse fans in the nyc metro area to create the perfect atmosphere

Reaction Score
I have. It's the place it should be played. Both fan bases under the same roof. If you have never been in a venue where the tide of emotion ebbs and flows from one end of the building to the other then you have to make it a point to get to one at the next opportunity. Cuse and UConn in the garden would be an annual event, both fan bases would travel for it. Appointment ticket.
I was lucky enough to be at the 6 OT game. Losing the game was a bad feeling but while the game was going on, it was probably the most intense atmosphere I have ever been in. The ESPN Gameday vs Syracuse in 2012 was great too, and I agree that those games are fun because they are at home, but its just different at a neutral site especially when that site would be Madison Square Garden. The Garden and the Big East were synonymous so that would be the perfect place for these two former Big East rivals to face off every year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would love an annual weekend game at MSG. Would be great for both fanbases and would be an easy sell-out. There are two college hoops teams that matter in NYC: UConn and Syracuse. It makes sense for both schools and programs to get this done.

Reaction Score
Four time national champs play in their home arena and then at SU when it's their game. The school is The University of Connecticut. Not SUNY Storrs or SUNY Manhattan.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I have been to a game at all three and prefer being in CT for the games. But that's just me. As long as they play again I don't care where it is. I just prefer them to be played where more students are likely to show up.

Reaction Score
There had been chatter a while ago that UCONN was in talks with Cuse, Nova and GTown about future series' with a possibility of 3 game series with each and the third game being either at MSG or Barclay's.

Reaction Score
Who would benefit more from Syr-UConn games? Not sure I want to do this unless we're in the same conference.

Reaction Score
Who would benefit more from Syr-UConn games? Not sure I want to do this unless we're in the same conference.
homer_facepalm.jpg

pj

Reaction Score

Syracuse and UConn would benefit more. BC, Providence, Fairfield, and Iona would benefit less.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score

Idk, I'd agree with you if not for the showing fans made in the 2014 tourney at msg
but this isn't as big a deal

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Idk, I'd agree with you if not for the showing fans made in the 2014 tourney at msg
but this isn't as big a deal
You can't compare the atmosphere for a UConn-Syracuse game, or any UConn game, at MSG when it was a BET game or the NCAA Regional games. Of course those games had the place hopping. We're talking about a UConn-Syracuse regular season game at MSG. I can't recall the last time, if ever, there were one of those at MSG. So it's hard to say that the atmosphere will be the same as it was when we met Syracuse at MSG in any of the BET years.

Once again, as long as we play, it's a step in the right direction, no matter the location. I was just expressing my preference

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Four time national champs play in their home arena and then at SU when it's their game. The school is The University of Connecticut. Not SUNY Storrs or SUNY Manhattan.
No disrespect intended but this is just an idiotic position. As long as we are in the American, we need to create media events for our team. It would reinforce our NYC presence and keep us in the national focus.

That said, I fully expect that this game will not occur until Boeheim retires.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No disrespect intended but this is just an idiotic position. As long as we are in the American, we need to create media events for our team. It would reinforce our NYC presence and keep us in the national focus.

That said, I fully expect that this game will not occur until Boeheim retires.

Very good point on the first statement. Not sure why you say the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom