Future OOC | The Boneyard

Future OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Figured the next four seasons are pretty much all booked (need 1 home date in 2018) so I wanted to see people's thoughts.

H: Nova, Army
A: Mizzou, BYU

H: Maine, UVA, Syracuse
A: UMass

H: UMass, Holy Cross, Mizzou
A: UVA

H: URI
A: Boise, Syracuse

Couple of thoughts.

Warde has done a solid job overall with the schedule.

The home slate this year is brutal, and 2018 could very well be too unless he gets a game with some juice to go with URI. I don't like the Holy Cross game but what can you do.

I think given our conference situation and lack of pedigree, getting P5 home and home series are huge wins. (Don't forget the Indiana and Illinois series in '19 and '20).

If Warde locks in a solid game for 2018, I think we'll take our lumps this year on the field, with our play and competition, but 2016 and 2017 there is a real possibility the Rent could be rocking again.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Except for this year, it's where it should be. A decent home opponent and winnable games. It's a little too heavy on the local also rans ie, umass and cuse. But some around here seem to like that.

It's a good job by the AD knowing how tough it is to get marquee opponents to the rent these days.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
near term = no B1G. smart, because you wouldn't want to reschedule those games once we are admitted on short notice.

Reaction Score
Warde has done an ok job with the scheduling. I know some here wince at the notion but I'd like to see us reach out for some 2-for-1 deals with the bigger name schools. Wouldn't do it with P5 also rans but I'm talking more about the PSU, Wisc, Auburn, etc.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Warde has done an ok job with the scheduling. I know some here wince at the notion but I'd like to see us reach out for some 2-for-1 deals with the bigger name schools. Wouldn't do it with P5 also rans but I'm talking more about the PSU, Wisc, Auburn, etc.

The perfect spot for that would be 2018.

The only thing that concerns me (and it could be unfounded) is that maybe it sets a precedent, that if you do that for the big name programs the middle tier P5 would hold out for that too. Just a thought.

I'd do 2-1 with those programs you listed in addition to say 10-15 more.

I think if you get a big enough program and only make that ticket available through season tickets (like Michigan) you can center the whole season around the one game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Is a 2018 match up with Tennessee at the rent a possible fill? I know we have an agreement with them and it seems like 2018 makes sense

Reaction Score
The perfect spot for that would be 2018.

The only thing that concerns me (and it could be unfounded) is that maybe it sets a precedent, that if you do that for the big name programs the middle tier P5 would hold out for that too. Just a thought.

I'd do 2-1 with those programs you listed in addition to say 10-15 more.

I think if you get a big enough program and only make that ticket available through season tickets (like Michigan) you can center the whole season around the one game.

I'm not concerned about setting a precedent. To me getting big time games like we had against Michigan supercedes all that crap. This fanbase was sold games against Miami (when they were good), VT, and WVU. If we insist on 1-for-1 deals from the big boys we'll never see another big time opponent in East Hartford again. We'll get the Cuse, the UVA's, and the occassional bigger game like Mizzou. But it's gonna get more difficult as time goes on.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
There is a phylum of schools to which we should offer to fill an open date on the road.

Another set of schools to which a 2 for 1 might be acceptable to both sides.

I'd put the total # of both groups at around 12. The rest of the P5 should be one for one or nothing. We need to maintain some dignity.

FSU, Bama, LSU, Texas, OU, PSU, Mich, OSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, USC and ND would be the list off the top of my head. I'd want 2 for 1 from all the B1G schools except maybe OSU as a game at the rent is good for their alums. I'd do one off road games with the rest.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
There is a phylum of schools to which we should offer to fill an open date on the road.

Another set of schools to which a 2 for 1 might be acceptable to both sides.

I'd put the total # of both groups at around 12. The rest of the P5 should be one for one or nothing. We need to maintain some dignity.

FSU, Bama, LSU, Texas, OU, PSU, Mich, OSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, USC and ND would be the list off the top of my head. I'd want 2 for 1 from all the B1G schools except maybe OSU as a game at the rent is good for their alums. I'd do one off road games with the rest.

Add in UGA Neb UF TAMU to that list but other than that we shouldn't be settling for anything less than a 1-1. Pretty sure contractually Tenn/UConn have to have dates set for the game by the end of this year so while we'd like to see it rescheduled you gotta assume UT will just cancel it

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Drew said:
Add in UGA Neb UF TAMU to that list but other than that we shouldn't be settling for anything less than a 1-1. Pretty sure contractually Tenn/UConn have to have dates set for the game by the end of this year so while we'd like to see it rescheduled you gotta assume UT will just cancel it

Wouldn't do it for AM or UF. I'd think about UGA or Nebraska, but the standard is that Michigan came here so your brand has to be in that ballpark. Outside Tebow and Meyer you need to go back to the 80's. AM isn't on that level.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't do it for AM or UF. I'd think about UGA or Nebraska, but the standard is that Michigan came here so your brand has to be in that ballpark. Outside Tebow and Meyer you need to go back to the 80's. AM isn't on that level.

You wouldn't agree to two games at The Swamp or College Station with a return date at The Rent?

I have to disagree a lot on that. Florida and Texas A&M (SEC/Johnny Football era) are huge brand name programs.

The Michigan deal was a one time opportunity due to circumstance. Wouldn't you rather 6 home games some years in order to do this or play Holy Cross and Maine?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
When was the last time any SEC team traveled North of Lexington, KY?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
ConnHuskBask said:
You wouldn't agree to two games at The Swamp or College Station with a return date at The Rent?

I have to disagree a lot on that. Florida and Texas A&M (SEC/Johnny Football era) are huge brand name programs.

The Michigan deal was a one time opportunity due to circumstance. Wouldn't you rather 6 home games some years in order to do this or play Holy Cross and Maine?

I think there is some benefit to protecting the brand. It's easier to take a stand vs. schools like Tennessee and Missouri if you stand up to Uga and AM. If Uga won't come UVA or UNC or Iowa St will. Those are a notch below but close enough to keep some self respect.

Reaction Score
agree.

Reaction Score
I'm not concerned about setting a precedent. To me getting big time games like we had against Michigan supercedes all that crap. This fanbase was sold games against Miami (when they were good), VT, and WVU. If we insist on 1-for-1 deals from the big boys we'll never see another big time opponent in East Hartford again. We'll get the Cuse, the UVA's, and the occassional bigger game like Mizzou. But it's gonna get more difficult as time goes on.

Jimmy, I'm 100% (as if anyone cares) with you on this. I'm just not sure that the program's dwindling gravitas and the Rent's size position us very well for even a two-for-one. "One-and-one" with our Home Game at a "neutral" might be an available option. But, at this point, who knows?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
When was the last time any SEC team traveled North of Lexington, KY?

Mizzou is coming to East Hartford in 2017 and Ole Miss is going to Gillette in a few years. I am sure there are other examples, but I am entirely too lazy to do your research for you.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Mizzou is coming to East Hartford in 2017 and Ole Miss is going to Gillette in a few years. I am sure there are other examples, but I am entirely too lazy to do your research for you.

It doesn't happen all that often was my point.

Reaction Score
2018 is the perfect time for BC and UConn to start the "New England Cup" rivalry. They only have Holy Cross and Umass OOC on the slate for that year so far. Make it so Warde.... make it so.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see some middle of the pack P5 teams. Maybe a Kansas, Iowa, Iowa St, NC State, NC, Duke, Washington, Washington, Northwestern.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think LSU plays at Cuse this season too. Believe Bama played at the State Penn a year or two ago too.

@31GuardTrap point stands though it doesn't happen often.

Reaction Score
Is a 2018 match up with Tennessee at the rent a possible fill? I know we have an agreement with them and it seems like 2018 makes sense
I believe that series was cancelled by Tennessee.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, I believe UF played in the carrier dome. Alabama played in state college. Arkansas played at Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom