Future of UConn football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future of UConn football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can probably hire another coach before officially firing this one, and even if we can't the difference saved isn't worth losing a hire over. I have to imagine if Warde has decided he probably wants to see P gone that he's already got a list of candidates in mind and he can spend the next month or two vetting them. If nothing else we're in a much better position than last time when we had to scramble after the Fiesta Bowl. I still think looking back that a safe choice made a lot of sense at the time, but I'm sure Warde will want the next guy to be someone we can get excited about.

Exactly. The savings isn't worth it. We probably lose more $ in waiting.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Here's an off the wall thought. Warde forces Coach P. to terminate GDL & hire Danny O. as offensive coordinator. When P.'s contract is done, make Dan O. head coach. And please, return our tight ends coach to his rightful position as o-line coach. Just my early Christmas wish list.

I'm glad you prefaced this with an off the wall thought. I got scared for a second that the comment was serious...

Orlovsky has the best job in the NFL and he's making a -ton of money doing it. As long as some team is willing to pay him $1 Million/year to hold a clip board and run the scout offense in practice, there is no way he chooses to coach college football. Not to mention that he would have to be promoted through the ranks before reaching OC or that he is due to make $1.5mil next season.

Conversely I don't want to stiffle your outside the box thinking...

Reaction Score
I think Dan Orlovsky has the capacity to be a great coach someday down the line. It's probably why he is still in the league. He brings a ton of insight into the film room.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks UConn will fire their football coach mid-season is crazy. Even in the SEC they wouldn't likely do that. It just doesn't happen. As far as what UConn becomes going forward, look at Louisville. If anything they were in worse shape in the Kragthorpe era. Look at Notre Dame. They've struggled for more than a decade to find the right guy. The same thing can happen at UConn. It just takes the right guy and a bit of patience and a team can change directions.

Reaction Score
lol

Mr. Manuel message to season ticket holders:
"Just so you know, I'm really not too concerned about the recent performance of our football team. President Herbst has assured me that our goal is to simply field a team and become the Indiana of the Big East. Have a nice day."

Honestly, the posting on this board can't possibly get more inane......

Be careful to make a challenge like that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No coach is getting fired or even considering going to a Big East school until the league has a TV deal, probably in about a month. Once the TV deal is in place, I think Pasqualoni could be in trouble, although my gut says that 4 or 5 wins this year gets him another season on the sidelines. Deleone is less than 50/50 to be here next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom