Fuller: UConn to honor some special players today | The Boneyard

Fuller: UConn to honor some special players today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"You are really leaving out a lot of incredible people who had a lot to do with the success of your program and putting those teams up there is a way of honoring the great players who played here who did not make first-team All-American and I know it is important to us to recognize them and reward them and I think it is important to them to feel a connection to the school because they consistently want to," Auriemma said "They follow our team from wherever they are, they stay in touch, they have a tremendous loyalty to their program and we do to them and by putting the '95 team and 2000 team up there, you are also putting Pam Webber up there, you are putting Stacy Hansmeyer, Asjha Jones, Tamika Williams and you are putting a lot of great players up there who had a lot to do with our success and this is the same thing, Ann (Strother), Barbara (Turner), Maria (Conlon), Willnett (Crockett) in terms of doing stuff on the court, what they did was incredibly significant. Ashley Battle, Jessica Moore when you are walking around and saying I went to the Final Four five years in a row, I won three national championships when I was at Connecticut, that was pretty amazing and this is our way of recognizing how special those guys were."

LINK

Reaction Score
Does Geno have another surprise today foir the fans?...........Is DT going to be in the house?.............

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
jsloanjr said:
Does Geno have another surprise today foir the fans?...........Is DT going to be in the house?.............
No

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I waited too long to buy tickets to this game, and I couldn't get anything but single seats … so I'm watching from home. Does anyone know if there's streaming somewhere of the wall of honor ceremony? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom