Fuller: Stewart dealing with minor foot issue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fuller: Stewart dealing with minor foot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
arty155 said:
Well then, we simply have no problem. This place is absolutely crawling with bears planning to watch her. Boneyard Bears: Sloths in the offseason; Sleuths when it counts.
Well after what Stewie did to Cal last year, why wouldn't there be Bears imvolved?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, the first word I thought when I read the thread title begins with an F, rhymes (ironically) with "luck", and refers to a procreative act of physical intimacy.
Ah yes, the old Van Halen album.

1991-for-unlawful-carnal-knowledge.jpg

Reaction Score
Really? I had a fairly chronic plantar fasciitis and at one particular fiery outbreak, my foot guy gave me a brace that kept my foot flexed - it helped a lot! That was several years ago, and I have not had a recurrence since.

What I have is a boot/brace that stretches the plantar fascia. I think my problem is I don't wear it long enough for an outbreak to truly heal, thus I keep having more of them. But the darn thing is just so awkward to walk in....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
What I have is a boot/brace that stretches the plantar fascia. I think my problem is I don't wear it long enough for an outbreak to truly heal, thus I keep having more of them. But the darn thing is just so awkward to walk in....
I don't wear it when I walk, I had to wear it when I slept, and when I was just sitting around. It was impossible to walk in it cause it wasn't made to do so.

Sleeping with it on stunk, but it was worth it.

Reaction Score
Shut her down. It's early in the season and let the second best player in the country take over!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Anyone remember Hartley's minor ankle problem?

The point being - when it comes to injuries don't believe everything you hear. In Stewart's case it might be minor or it might not. The only way to know for sure is how it impacts her performance on the court. Plantar Fasciitis, bone spur, stress fracture or just a simple sore foot - we just have to wait and see.

RadyLady - My wife suffered from plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago. She wore the stretcher boot for a couple of months - including in bed. It worked as advertised and the problem has not returned. OTOH I remember Morgan Valley.

Reaction Score
plantar fasciitis was a very painful year long battle for me. It finally went away, but the burning pain was unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Shut her down. It's early in the season and let the second best player in the country take over!
Let her play only against ranked teams. Once we're sure the injury is fully healed, then turn her loose. If that takes until New Year's so be it. Better to have a 100% Stewie than one that is trying to tough it out in pain all season.

Reaction Score
Uh oh. IMO anything that requires you to wear a "boot" isn't minor. I've had plantar fasciitis and every now & again I have to wear a boot to relieve it.

I'm not panicking but this bears watching.
Are you saying, Mighty aches from little toe corns grow. ? :)

Reaction Score
I agree. Though I don't presume to know more than the doctors and trainers, I believe she could use a rest anyway.

Reaction Score
plantar fasciitis was a very painful year long battle for me. It finally went away, but the burning pain was unbelievable.
Did you try the exercises and stretches? Once it's gone keep doing them a few times a week.

Reaction Score
I don't wear it when I walk, I had to wear it when I slept, and when I was just sitting around. It was impossible to walk in it cause it wasn't made to do so.

Sleeping with it on stunk, but it was worth it.

Yes, I slept with it on but the doctor also told me to try wearing it 24/7, thus the awkward walking part.

I guess wearing it is like taking antibiotics, you use them until the treatment cycle is done & don't stop just because you feel better, which is what I tend to do.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Yes, I slept with it on but the doctor also told me to try wearing it 24/7, thus the awkward walking part.

I guess wearing it is like taking antibiotics, you use them until the treatment cycle is done & don't stop just because you feel better, which is what I tend to do.

Hmmmm..... 24 - 7 is a tough gig. Did you go back and speak with them about the awkwardness of the boot when ambulating?

I admit to not wearing it as I started to feel better only to find that I had to put it back on...so I wore it for the required amount of time to good effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom