Fuller: Stewart dealing with minor foot issue | The Boneyard

Fuller: Stewart dealing with minor foot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It had better stay minor.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconns-stewart-dealing-with-minor-foot.html

Stewart has been bothered by soreness in a bone under the ball of her left foot. It hasn't caused her to miss any practice time but she has been wearing a protective boot.

"It is something that has been bothering me in my foot, it is not anything serious,' said Stewart, who was named the AAC's Preseason Player of the Year. "I am in the boot because it takes the pressure off walking on that part of my foot but I am still practicing and going through everything."

Reaction Score
Uh oh. IMO anything that requires you to wear a "boot" isn't minor. I've had plantar fasciitis and every now & again I have to wear a boot to relieve it.

I'm not panicking but this bears watching.

Reaction Score
Minor? I don't want to hear about any problems with Stewie. I hope it doesn't turn into one of those season long nagging issues. We need her at 100%. Poor kid has been playing basketball for almost a full year.

Reaction Score
Minor? I don't want to hear about any problems with Stewie. I hope it doesn't turn into one of those season long nagging issues. We need her at 100%. Poor kid has been playing basketball for almost a full year.

You raise a very good point. Stewie has played a ton of basketball this year.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Well, the first word I thought when I read the thread title begins with an F, rhymes (ironically) with "luck", and refers to a procreative act of physical intimacy.

LOL I think everybody is having that reaction to the thread title :D

Reaction Score
I think they play too much hoops and don't rest enough. As long as that is the case, this stuff will just keep happening. Hope it's something that will go away while Stewie "plays through it", 'cause it sounds like that's the plan.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Certainly seems as if she should sit out the two exhibition games if that will help to get it rested and ready for the "real" season.

Reaction Score
Uh oh. IMO anything that requires you to wear a "boot" isn't minor. I've had plantar fasciitis and every now & again I have to wear a boot to relieve it.

I tend to believe Breanna and the medical staff when they say it's just a precaution. I did the same last year when people here had KML out for the year and red shirting after her elbow injury when everyone involved with the team said otherwise.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Really? I had a fairly chronic plantar fasciitis and at one particular fiery outbreak, my foot guy gave me a brace that kept my foot flexed - it helped a lot! That was several years ago, and I have not had a recurrence since.

Reaction Score
She plays too much basketball. I've said it before: growing bodies need a periodic rest.

Reaction Score
With the intensity of practice I am sure everyone is feeling some pains and strains of some kind. Too soon to sound the alarm I think. Of course when its Breanna nobody wants to hear anything but, "I've never felt better".

Reaction Score
With the intensity of practice I am sure everyone is feeling some pains and strains of some kind. Too soon to sound the alarm I think. Of course when its Breanna nobody wants to hear anything but, "I've never felt better".
The little aches & pains just become background noise, but "wearing a boot" is not what we want to hear.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Look, this is not good, and we knew something was bound to happen with our amazing team. There will be ups and downs this year with injuries. It's happened near the beginning of almost every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom