Full page Uconn add in today's NYT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Full page Uconn add in today's NYT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, we're getting by.

BnRlTpoIIAAqW5J.jpg
3 current titles is amazing. What's more impressive is the fact that the sign has to be updated so frequently.

pj

Reaction Score
3 current titles is amazing. What's more impressive is the fact that the sign has to be updated so frequently.

They should stop updating and instead make a series of signs, like the old Burma-Shave signs. Every time we win a new championship, move the signs another 100 yards down the freeway.

BurmaShave.jpg

Reaction Score
They should stop updating and instead make a series of signs, like the old Burma-Shave signs. Every time we win a new championship, move the signs another 100 yards down the freeway.

BurmaShave.jpg
Great idea. I-84 would essentially become a wall of fame, a nice reminder to NY'ers and Mass'ers passing through.

Reaction Score
Great idea. I-84 would essentially become a wall of fame, a nice reminder to NY'ers and Mass'ers passing through.
I like it. Every mile from exit 68, in both directions. 1 mile until exit for "insert year here" nationanal champion Univ of Connecticut.; 2 miles until exit for ....., etc.... Reminds me of those Pedro's South of the Border signs along I95 near the NC and SC border

signPedrosBillboards.jpg

th

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

BurmaShave.jpg
I've been thinking the same thing. Go by year and wade through all of them. I guess you'd have to do it in reverse order with he oldest title (soccer, I believe) closest to the exit so that you could add additional titles without changing all of the signs. I think it would be pretty cool for recruits to see as they drive into campus and would it definitely get some air time on game day. You know some one would complaint about cluttering up the highway though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My neighbor Jim Flotsam doesn't take the paper - I mean read the Times. I always suspected he may not be wealthy, intelligent or upwardly...ah, something. Should I move? That kind of trash can bring down property values, ya know. I get the Times and leave it in my driveway most of the day so everyone can see I get it. I'm pretty sure they're impressed. Just the other day Susan Jetsam was out walking her marmot and gave me one a them you get the Times, don't you looks, if you know what I mean, like were in some kind of crazy, cool, intelligent, affluent club or something. And she wouldn't even talk to me in school. I'm keeping MY subscription.
98 posts and you're taking on Fishy?
Are you nuts?!!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Fans on a message board have no pull on the issue of conference realignment.

If fans want pull, watch games on TV and buy tickets.

Reaction Score
98 posts and you're taking on Fishy?
Are you nuts?!!!!
I'm not messing with the Fish. Practically speaking there is little discourse between us. I know he / she is a staff member so the ramifications of inappropriate behavior could be, whatever…sort of go all Luca Brasi on my ass. Just the same, I find it hard to respect anyone who could actually utter the words…”The flotsam and jetsam might not be reading the Times…” If the context was humorous then I missed the joke. Sorry. Otherwise, the statement was incredibly condescending, thus rendering me incapable of caring what the Fish thinks.

Reaction Score
You clearly have it worked out...enjoy the AAU...or whatever it is.
you struggle in social situations don't you.
I'm not messing with the Fish. Practically speaking there is little discourse between us. I know he / she is a staff member so the ramifications of inappropriate behavior could be, whatever…sort of go all Luca Brasi on my ass. Just the same, I find it hard to respect anyone who could actually utter the words…”The flotsam and jetsam might not be reading the Times…” If the context was humorous then I missed the joke. Sorry. Otherwise, the statement was incredibly condescending, thus rendering me incapable of caring what the Fish thinks.
fishy uses hyperbole. I wouldn't take it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom