Full Court announces All-Americans | The Boneyard

Full Court announces All-Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And Gabby was an honorable mention on the freshman team. SIX players recognized. I'd say that's pretty good. :)

I'm happy to see Morgan get recognition. Look for her to get even more next season.

I agree that the margin between Stewie and Jewell was fairly small, and the margin between Turner and Mitchell was even smaller.

Reaction Score
And Gabby was an honorable mention on the freshman team. SIX players recognized. I'd say that's pretty good. :)

I'm happy to see Morgan get recognition. Look for her to get even more next season.

I agree that the margin between Stewie and Jewell was fairly small, and the margin between Turner and Mitchell was even smaller.
Heresy --but I like Turner. she still a work in progress but she is a game changer. I am more than happy Mo Jefferson got recognized-can there be any doubt that Jefferson is the best Point Guard in the world??? He attack, hesitate, back off then charge move is amazing. I notice in the ND-SC game their point guard was using Moriah's moves, and they worked. Now here is a place of oranges and apples--Stewie and Loyd--the tilt has to come out on Stewies side.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is the first, and seemingly only, list that makes almost complete sense to me. I do agree that Mitchell on the 2nd team and Turner on the 2rd team but winner of NFOY is a bit odd, but as for the rest... it's nice to finally see Wilson left off the accolades since she did not deserve to be named as one of the top 15 players in the nation. And it was nice to see the honorable mention listing other players around the nation who were more deserving than Wilson - Plum, Powers, Jones, Hamby, Bulgak, etc.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mitchell was 2nd team. Turner 3rd team. Turner named freshman of the year.

Love that logic.
It is the difference between the eligible players for ballots - 3000+/- players for AA status and 800 +/- for freshman team. (I know that the real numbers are more like 100 AA and 30 freshman but the same thing applies.) The more choices available the more a vote gets diluted and for the AA voting there must have been stronger competition in voters eyes for forward/center type players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Azura Stevens not making the first team freshman all-american team ?

1347919736_smh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog