FSU 51 - BC 7 | The Boneyard

FSU 51 - BC 7

Who will win the 2012 Rotten Apple Cup for New England Football Irrelevance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, would love the Apple Cup or whatever it'd be called....this year's edition would be 'who's the bigger turd'.

rotten-apple-040108-lg.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The fact that we are in no position to say anything about BC's current season makes me want to vomit.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We have more wins than BeeCee.

It's one of the few things that brings me some solace. That, and the fact that we have more wins than Auburn. I still don't feel well... :oops:

Reaction Score
The difference is we're firing our coach in a matter of weeks.

You can **** (can we say that? edit: guess not ) on me all you want but PP = Spaz, you're on year 2. You'll get to a bowl game but you'll know the program isn't going anywhere under him.
Have you been reading the football message board?

Reaction Score

You can **** (can we say that? edit: guess not ) on me all you want but PP = Spaz, you're on year 2. You'll get to a bowl game but you'll know the program isn't going anywhere under him.

BC's issues go way beyond a bad football coach. You would have to be an idot not to see that.

Reaction Score
Maybe BC and Uconn can co-sign the contract with the head coach search firm in a few weeks. It would be a sign of goodwill for the two new ADs and we might just get a volume discount. BTW, if nobody attends a UMass game, can it be provenn that they actually played?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

We're not getting to a bowl game. I havent seen a BC team look weaker on defense in the past decade, are they outmatched or just going through the motions?

Reaction Score
We won't get to a bowl game!

That running back that transferred from BC was pretty sweet.

U

UConn9604

Ten years ago, in August 2002, as I was tailgating on Shea Field getting ready for our opener against BC (before The Rent opened, and before DeFilippo's many dastardly deeds), I actually looked around and genuinely thought to myself, I would love it if our program ended up just like BC's someday.

I was picturing earning 7/8/9 win seasons, playing competitive football, driving to fun road games and making regular bowl appearances. Not this.

First, Spaz is the worst coach in the BCS, from recruiting, to gameday coaching (check how many end of half points we allow), to creating a buzz for the program, etc. I firmly believe there's 6 win talent on this team (granted that's nothing to crow about), but with decent coaching we're contending for a bowl.

Reaction Score
Again, BC's challenges go well beyond a bad football coach. GDF was allowed to stay around and duck up everything in sight. It wasn't until the obliteration was complete that he decided to "retire". Conte has been morgue for years and the latest fiascos for mens and women hoops all but make certain the BC will be the ACCs waste land in that sport.

BC aspires to be Harvard with its academics. It's not and never will be. It's a good school with suspect leadership that appearantly is willing to let an idiot run its athletic department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom