Freshman QB at Harding | The Boneyard

Freshman QB at Harding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports...ommachanh-making-name-for-himself-6433107.php

Anyone heard of this kid? As freshman, led Harding to 5-6. Notable why? Was achieved against FCIAC level teams for a troubled program. As article points out, he is already being contacted by schools including BC and CUSE. Harding's new conference is suspect, so his numbers will be hard to evaluate.

"So special that the Presidents expect to make some noise this season, their first in the Constitution State Conference. Phommachanh, who passed for 2,540 yards, 20 touchdowns and 12 interceptions as a rookie, is planning to be a big part of the fun. He led the Presidents to a 5-6 record last year, and the schedule will only get easier moving forward with the mighty FCIAC now in the team’s rear-view mirror."

Reaction Score
Taisun Phommachanh - 6-3 158lb or 170lb depending where it's listed.

As it mentioned he had a surprise impromptu showing @ the New York vs. New England 7 v 7All Star Challenge in Stamford last weekend against good level talent. While college coaches couldn't be there in person, I'm sure UConn had eyes there. Be interesting to see how he develops sophomore year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw him in his first game last year in Milford. His name wasn't on the roster yet. Had great command, touch and elusiveness in pocket. Was shocked to hear he was a freshman. Saw him again later vs Darien and the poor kid didn't have a chance.
He also started on hoops team as frosh!
Playing in their new conference won't help him. I'm sure ND-Ffld and St. Joes have been in touch.

Reaction Score
Met the Harding coach the other night, he's excited about his team. There scrimmaging Darien or New Canaan this week to see how much they improved. His in my fantasy football league so I can pass a ? on or 2. I guess qb would be a good start. I think they will do well in this new league.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I watched 2 mins of his tape to see that this kid screams Four star talent. Look for him to be recruited heavily by the highest programs.

Reaction Score
HC from Harding said scrimmage went well, I sent him this thread, he loves the optimism and I will go to their game tomorrow. Their playing prince tech and it's the biggest game in Harding for a long time. Their playing at Bridgeport central if anyone is in the area and wants to check it out. HC is a good guy!

Reaction Score
I think Bob and I are in the same fantasy league. Your right he's the OC, I'll still check out the game tomorrow night

Reaction Score
Yeah, we used to play baseball as well. I was the guy with the Uconn jacket at the draft.

Reaction Score
Watching game now kid has a nice quick release, pretty accurate as well. The Wr just made a nice stiff arm for a 60 yard TD

Reaction Score
The kid was pretty impressive especially since only a sophomore. The Wr/De was pretty good as well. They had a couple great plays, not sure about the competition but definitely had a few Wows by the crowd. Should be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
CSC sounds like it is the vo-tech league. Cheney Tech is in it...lots of co-ops teams, too.

Reaction Score
So I know this kid plays in a poor league, and I was extremely hesitant at first - but wow.

This kid is the real deal. I'm lucky enough to have access to tons of game film from all over the state and imo this kid is currently a top 5 QB in Connecticut as a Sophomore with less than stellar talent around him.

If the staff isn't looking at him, someone else will be.

Reaction Score
I was expecting the Ducky Boys to pop out of the woods while I watched that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom