Freshman phenom-Heron | The Boneyard

Freshman phenom-Heron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That was unreadable.

But the kid is really good - he's not 6'5" (yet), but he looks like the prototypical shooting guard. He's a lefty to boot.

He's from Meriden and it'd be great if Ollie kept him home.

Also, the dreadlocks are already Green Bay Packeresque.

Reaction Score
I read that he's already been on the UConn campus and Calipari has been in to see him.

Reaction Score
Smooth jumper, on one of those clips he finished with the right but looks to be primarily lefty. If he is really only a HS freshman, he will be an absolute beast in a few years.

Reaction Score
Wow 14? What a nice player......from Meriden??? I have to check that out didn't hear about that........Coach Hewitt wouldn't be happy with that one slipping away from Maloney!! LOL

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Seems like a good prospect. Haven't seen many CT kids who leave the state to go prep that come back to UConn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sweet Jesus.

That kid is going right to the pros.

caw

Reaction Score
Wow 14? What a nice player......from Meriden??? I have to check that out didn't hear about that........Coach Hewitt wouldn't be happy with that one slipping away from Maloney!! LOL

God is Howie still coaching at Maloney? Thought he would have retired by now. Could be a Westside kid anyway, not that there isn't some recruiting between Platt and Maloney.

Reaction Score
God is Howie still coaching at Maloney? Thought he would have retired by now. Could be a Westside kid anyway, not that there isn't some recruiting between Platt and Maloney.

Yeah Howie is still coaching.......another pretty good year despite his best players going elsewhere a lot (the Hillhouse center or PF is also a Maloney kid).......I believe they are 12 or 13 in 3 and have won a few in a row.........this kid was an east side kid just got the low down. Dad wanted him to go to the big time, not good enough for Meriden, actually originally was going to get him in to Capital Prep for whatever reason and he then landed at WM.......between Norb Fahey and Howie we've had 2 coaches in about 100 years at Maloney LOL........

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah Howie is still coaching.......another pretty good year despite his best players going elsewhere a lot (the Hillhouse center or PF is also a Maloney kid).......I believe they are 12 or 13 in 3 and have won a few in a row.........this kid was an east side kid just got the low down. Dad wanted him to go to the big time, not good enough for Meriden, actually originally was going to get him in to Capital Prep for whatever reason and he then landed at WM.......between Norb Fahey and Howie we've had 2 coaches in about 100 years at Maloney LOL........

Maloney's athletic department has had a lot of turnover in the past 10-15 years, so I wasn't sure if Howie was still there. Howie always was a great high school basketball coach, regardless of what I think of the man. He always has Maloney doing things in state, even with rosters sub-6'.

Reaction Score
Maloney's athletic department has had a lot of turnover in the past 10-15 years, so I wasn't sure if Howie was still there. Howie always was a great high school basketball coach, regardless of what I think of the man. He always has Maloney doing things in state, even with rosters sub-6'.

Interesting caw in the "regardless of what I think of the man"? Elaborate if you can.....I guess there's that feel about him by many.

In regards to his teams and his coaching, he is a tough love coach and works them hard. they play end to end hard or sit, no middle ground and he rarely as you said, gets a 6'3-6'5 guy of any impact. They are in Windsor in a week or so may have to go see that one!!

Like I said between he and Norb in hoops and he and Eddie Zajac in baseball there have baseball there have been few changes in those areas..........

Reaction Score
My cousins travel team played against his AAU team last year. Lets just say it did not go well.

Reaction Score
My cousins travel team played against his AAU team last year. Lets just say it did not go well.

Also from this kid, he was supposed to show up for a practice for the AAU 13-15 yr old Rhode Island team which Jay Murphy coaches, at Maloney. He was having a special workout there to bring this kid in and I guess his dad never brought him. Only thinking not knowing but dad could be looking for his kid to be a "point forward"!! LOL

Reaction Score
Fishy,
Just on a technical note...Those aren't dreadlocks. Just braided hair.
fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc