Free tickets for students | The Boneyard

Free tickets for students

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
image.jpg
I hope they show up in droves. Make a lot of noise and be their usual crazy selves!
You bet!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow, Nan - looks like a great crowd. Looked great on TV too. Lots of noise!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That was one of the student sections. They were great!
One thing I will add - it was mentioned that they "gave away" at least 1.500 seats to the students. GREAT idea. Given that Gampel rarely sells out any more, it's a great way to fill the arena...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Students had also been away on Spring Break so that explains the bad attendance numbers for the first round game - and they were just getting back to campus yesterday, so might not have been really thinking about attending - great move by Uconn - wonder what the arrangement is with the NCAA and if they actually have to pay money to them for every ticket used. If they did, I can't think of a way for using my tax dollars that I would prefer!:)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Students had also been away on Spring Break so that explains the bad attendance numbers for the first round game - and they were just getting back to campus yesterday, so might not have been really thinking about attending - great move by Uconn - wonder what the arrangement is with the NCAA and if they actually have to pay money to them for every ticket used. If they did, I can't think of a way for using my tax dollars that I would prefer!:)
I think UConn had to buy the unused tickets so they were the school's to give away.

Reaction Score
It's sad that NCAA can't have discounted student prices for viewing their fellow students compete in the tournament. NCAA should be embarrassed but I'm sure they are not.

Reaction Score
Personally , I wish that they would always fill empty seats with free tickets to students.

Reaction Score
Article I read said UConn had to pay $5/seat to NCAA. Was that the student price? Nice move anyway. There is a video of Geno on facebook thanking the fans for coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom