former Husky RB Joe Williams | The Boneyard

former Husky RB Joe Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tore it up the other week at ASA college... Good to see.. Hope nothing but the best for this kid...

Joe Williams_ASA College.png

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken he was dismissed but I could be mistaken. I seem to recall there was some issue.... pot, larceny, grades, I can't remember and again I could be mistaken so I apologize to the guy if anyone takes offense.

Reaction Score
He is the idiot that bought items with a stolen credit card and had the stuff delivered to his house. Can't imagine how he got caught.

Reaction Score
Dumb move.

Another player that P. nailed to the bench as he gave McCombs carry after carry.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This board is like 6 degrees of separation - Joe Williams --> 5 posts ---> it was P's fault. Do you drive down the highway staring at your rearview mirror?

Right on. Is there a way to give a post a "WTF", (and I don't mean yours)? The kid nailed himself to the bench, the way Heisman Trophy Winston should have been nailed to the bench. For all the things bad about the PP years, this was not one of them.

Reaction Score
D**n... at least he looks like he's moving past things and pushing fwd... I guess as bad as our team is NOW we can't help but stay pessimistic about a kid that made a stupid mistake, but is picking himself back up...

Hope this kid does well going fwd...

Reaction Score
Right on. Is there a way to give a post a "WTF", (and I don't mean yours)? The kid nailed himself to the bench, the way Heisman Trophy Winston should have been nailed to the bench. For all the things bad about the PP years, this was not one of them.
He nailed himself to the bench? WTF is right. P and GDL never put him in never gave him a chance. Like many players in their charge, they just never put them in to see what they could do even when the player in front of them didn't produce. That was their MO.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He nailed himself to the bench? WTF is right. P and GDL never put him in never gave him a chance. Like many players in their charge, they just never put them in to see what they could do even when the player in front of them didn't produce. That was their MO.

Yeah, its all about winning games,. I'm all for second chances, but playing scholarship sports is not an entitlement. Winston has learned a lot from his off-field escapades. Like so long as his team wins with him at the helm. that's what matters. Moreover, the fact that Williams is playing well against low level competition doesn't prove anything. I'm glad you never coached my kids.

Reaction Score
Yeah, its all about winning games,. I'm all for second chances, but playing scholarship sports is not an entitlement. Winston has learned a lot from his off-field escapades. Like so long as his team wins with him at the helm. that's what matters. Moreover, the fact that Williams is playing well against low level competition doesn't prove anything. I'm glad you never coached my kids.

I would give your kids a chance. I would let them see the field. P would let the starters stay in and never let your kid see the field. Do you even know what you're arguing?

Reaction Score
Yes. He is saying Jthat Williams' behavior took himself out of the running for playing time. So either for once have the intellectual honesty to say "I don't care if he was a crook, it's only about who might get it done on the field" or stop pretending you are actually responding to everyone else.

Reaction Score
D**n... at least he looks like he's moving past things and pushing fwd... I guess as bad as our team is NOW we can't help but stay pessimistic about a kid that made a stupid mistake, but is picking himself back up...

Hope this kid does well going fwd...

How do you know he's moved past things?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yes. He is saying Jthat Williams' behavior took himself out of the running for playing time. So either for once have the intellectual honesty to say "I don't care if he was a crook, it's only about who might get it done on the field" or stop pretending you are actually responding to everyone else.

Thanks for the accurate translation. You probably went to a better law school than I because obviously my meaning was too obscure for some.

I'm sorely tempted to discourse on the use of the word "intellect" in certain contexts, but my mom told me that thing about if you have nothing nice to say.

Reaction Score
I looked up Williams' playing time and he played in 9 games as a true freshman in 2012. He only carried the ball in one game, 3 carries against Temple. In terms of the other games, I believe he played in coverage units on special teams. I remember Pasqualoni saying something to the effect that he was playing there to allow him to get used to the speed of the college game. I don't know how good he could have been or how he was performing in practice, but it seems like a strange reason to burn a potential redshirt year without giving the player much experience at his position.

As was pointed out earlier, he was arrested in August 2013 and was suspended, effectively ending his time at UConn.

Reaction Score
What is ASA? A kid recruited to the highest level of collegiate football is supposed to be a better player than those at other levels of college football. I would hope he puts up good numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is the idiot that bought items with a stolen credit card and had the stuff delivered to his house. Can't imagine how he got caught.
Yes and was it not stolen from a team mate? That and wasn't the item sent home a grow your own kit? Not sure myself as they say it makes you forget.
Another gem in our move to D1 history in the catagory of Things You Just Can't Make Up...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He has no one to blame but himself. My hope is he learned his lesson and can have a successful life

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that Williams conduct in 2013 effected his playing time in 2012?

Interesting take.

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that Williams conduct in 2013 effected his playing time in 2012?

Interesting take.

Or maybe he didn't get anything done in practice in 2012. All that I kept hearing was "wow he is really fast"...but nothing else.

Reaction Score
J187Money said:
Or maybe he didn't get anything done in practice in 2012. All that I kept hearing was "wow he is really fast"...but nothing else.

I remember reading he was having a tough time learning his assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom