Fordham/Army game on CBS sports network | The Boneyard

Fordham/Army game on CBS sports network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Army seems to be killing Fordham's D with that triple option. 3rd and long and no containment / discipline on the outside by Fordham's D so far. Army rb gets 28 yards and a 1st down.
On the flipside, Army's D has also given up points...

14-14 to start the 2nd Quarter

Reaction Score
Army QB Ahmad Bradshaw is gonna be a problem for us if we dont contain

Reaction Score
If we dont don't stomp on Army next week i will be a little disappointed

Reaction Score
Their triple option shredded us last year. Game still worries me but after how we looked against Nova I feel better about our chances.

Reaction Score
Fordham has five quarterbacks on the roster but none of them has attempted a pass in a college game. The group is led by juniorKevin Anderson, who did see action in three games last year after transferring to Fordham from Marshall. As a senior at Boca Raton High School he completed 40-of-81 passes for 509 yards and five touchdowns in 2012 before suffering a season-ending injury, while as a junior, he completed 123-of-254 passes for 1,712 yards and 11 touchdowns and carried 59 times for 107 yards and three scores.

Joining Anderson is sophomore Luke Medlock, a transfer from Florida International, who threw for 1,845 yards as a senior (third most in school history) at Fletcher High School in Neptune Beach, Florida.

Other quarterbacks on the roster include freshman Colton Smith, a First Team All-State selection in Connecticut last fall, freshman Jalen Ollie, who threw for 2,977 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior at Glastonberry high school in 2013, and sophomore Clay Welch, who joined the team last fall.

Reaction Score
BugsyCT said:
Their triple option shredded us last year. Game still worries me but after how we looked against Nova I feel better about our chances.

We are better than we were. We should win.

Reaction Score
We had better athletes last year and I believe we lost due to lack of proper preparation. We are stronger this year and I have to believe we will prep for the option. Luke will be disruptive to the game plan.

Reaction Score
Army is better than last year imo, but so are we. A win here would be big for us because Army has the opportunity do some real damage in the P5 given their upcoming schedule.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/349

I think this year's Defense is better suited to containing the option but don't be surprised if Army puts together a few nice drives and more points than Nova did. Our size and speed on defense will be noticeably different than what Fordham brought to the table but 2 very different offenses to prepare for in 2 weeks is a challenge.

Army will make some plays this week and we just need to make more plays and bust a few. If we can clean some things up on offense we can do that and outscore these guys. Not a beauty contest this week just win.

Reaction Score
Army is better than last year imo, but so are we. A win here would be big for us because Army has the opportunity do some real damage in the P5 given their upcoming schedule.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/349

I think this year's Defense is better suited to containing the option but don't be surprised if Army puts together a few nice drives and more points than Nova did. Our size and speed on defense will be noticeably different than what Fordham brought to the table but 2 very different offenses to prepare for in 2 weeks is a challenge.

Army will make some plays this week and we just need to make more plays and bust a few. If we can clean some things up on offense we can do that and outscore these guys. Not a beauty contest this week just win.
I agree with just needing to win, but how do you figure Army is better this year than last year? They lost two dozen players including key players on offense...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our defense lacked the necessary discipline last year to maintain responsibilities and Army burned us badly every time someone was overly aggressive and lost positioning. One thing that worries me is that there were a few plays on Thursday when defenders sacrificed outside leverage, allowing Robertson to get outside, instead of forcing back to the middle where there would have been help. We need to tighten this up or Army could give us problems.

We also need to clean up our tackling (there were too many missed tackles) and tighten up the cushions our CB's give WR's.

The biggest positive from the defense that I took away from the Nova game is that every criticism of our performance is correctable. It may take some more time but this defense can become very good. I just hope we can tighten up our discipline enough in the short prep times for Army and Navy two weeks later.

Reaction Score
Our defense lacked the necessary discipline last year to maintain responsibilities and Army burned us badly every time someone was overly aggressive and lost positioning. One thing that worries me is that there were a few plays on Thursday when defenders sacrificed outside leverage, allowing Robertson to get outside, instead of forcing back to the middle where there would have been help. We need to tighten this up or Army could give us problems.

We also need to clean up our tackling (there were too many missed tackles) and tighten up the cushions our CB's give WR's.

The biggest positive from the defense that I took away from the Nova game is that every criticism of our performance is correctable. It may take some more time but this defense can become very good. I just hope we can tighten up our discipline enough in the short prep times for Army and Navy two weeks later.
The only thing Tom that I can see being different from Villanova and Army is that Robertson is much more of a threat to throw the ball. Like you said though discipline is going to be key....It will be interesting to see how our DE's and OLB's play the option. If the DE's pummel the qb every and OLB's play the pitch man every time with the CB's setting the edge it will be a good game. If they fly around and get out of the scheme (which by the way they didn't the other night against Nova)..it will be a LONG day. I'm gonna bet on it being a good game.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly our corners were off the line last year and it was to our olb's to hold the edge. On Thursday Stewart was burned several times on bad angles. At the start of the 2nd half he got beat on the edge again and disco immediately called for a replacement and took him out. He has to be disciplined this week. I cannot understand why he is having a problem with his edge responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom