For the AAC tourny can you purchase tickets for only UConn games? | The Boneyard

For the AAC tourny can you purchase tickets for only UConn games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As many husky fans plan on doing me and my friend who goes to college in mass plan on going to the AAC tourny games being that they are make or break. My friend went to go by tickets to UConn games but all he found were 200$ tickets to all AAC tourny games. Will there be single game tickets available each day that UConn advances?

Reaction Score
As many husky fans plan on doing me and my friend who goes to college in mass plan on going to the AAC tourny games being that they are make or break. My friend went to go by tickets to UConn games but all he found were 200$ tickets to all AAC tourny games. Will there be single game tickets available each day that UConn advances?

Check it out on Stubhub, just saw ticket for the entire tournament is going for $130, and tickets for individual sessions are going for roughly $25-$30 each. The best strategy might be to buy tickets for the entire thing now before the bracket is set. Once the bracket is set and people know when UConn will be playing, those ticket prices will skyrocket

Reaction Score
Check it out on Stubhub, just saw ticket for the entire tournament is going for $130, and tickets for individual sessions are going for roughly $25-$30 each. The best strategy might be to buy tickets for the entire thing now before the bracket is set. Once the bracket is set and people know when UConn will be playing, those ticket prices will skyrocket

Quick math, if you purchased the full ticket book for $130, UConn's three potential games would cost you about $43 per game. If you purchased single game tickets, you run the risk of tickets for either the semi-finals or finals being greater than $43 easily, but the first game will most likely be under $43.
If you buy the full ticket book and UConn loses, then I look at the remaining $100 as a sunk cost

Reaction Score
Quick math, if you purchased the full ticket book for $130, UConn's three potential games would cost you about $43 per game. If you purchased single game tickets, you run the risk of tickets for either the semi-finals or finals being greater than $43 easily, but the first game will most likely be under $43.
If you buy the full ticket book and UConn loses, then I look at the remaining $100 as a sunk cost
Oh boy this will be a dilemma. Being a broke UConn student I dont think its wise for me to take the 130$ risk. I may just roll the dice on the early games in the tourny and pay for semi and finals games vs a team like SMU or Cinci. Im not even sure UConn will be selling student tickets for this game. But thanks for the advise

Reaction Score
Oh boy this will be a dilemma. Being a broke UConn student I dont think its wise for me to take the risk 130$ risk. I may just roll the dice on the early games in the tourny and pay for semi and finals games vs a team like SMU or Cinci. Im not even sure UConn will be selling student tickets for this game. But thanks for the advise

I would think they have some sort of allotment for each school's respective students? When I was a student at the Big East tourney each school was given a student ticket allotment, but I understand this is a much different situation than MSG.

Reaction Score
At last years AAC Tournament, Cincy students traveled and had a student section behind the basket.

Reaction Score
Easyseat.com has a lot of seats for good prices as well. Odds are pretty good that UCONN will be playing Friday afternoon in the 4/5 game.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
It's called scouring the streets outside the XL Center for scalpers on the day of the game. If you wanna go game by game this is your best bet, I would do this for the BET and those tickets were obviously more expensive but the AAC Tourney should be pretty low just to get into the building

Reaction Score

This is what I'm debating as well. I have very little interest in attending non-UConn games, but plan on going to every game UConn plays. I imagine once it's announced when UConn is playing, the ticket prices for those games will go up. So buying a tournament pass for $150 may end up being a steal if UConn advances, or a complete waste if UConn plays just one game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I can't afford to go to the whole tournament, but I bought tickets to both sessions on Friday and am looking forward to going up for the day. We'll see if Hartford has any juice left.

Reaction Score
I can't afford to go to the whole tournament, but I bought tickets to both sessions on Friday and am looking forward to going up for the day. We'll see if Hartford has any juice left.
Where did you find tickets for the sessions and not the whole tourny? May take a gamble and buy Saturday/Sunday sessions if that's the case

Reaction Score
Oh boy this will be a dilemma. Being a broke UConn student I dont think its wise for me to take the risk 130$ risk. I may just roll the dice on the early games in the tourny and pay for semi and finals games vs a team like SMU or Cinci. Im not even sure UConn will be selling student tickets for this game. But thanks for the advise

Trust me, I was in your shoes about five years ago when I was still at UConn.
This is what I'm debating as well. I have very little interest in attending non-UConn games, but plan on going to every game UConn plays. I imagine once it's announced when UConn is playing, the ticket prices for those games will go up. So buying a tournament pass for $150 may end up being a steal if UConn advances, or a complete waste if UConn plays just one game.

Yeah I'm in the exact same boat too. Unlike the Big East tourney where I watched every single game (even in the years that UConn had an early exit) but I could care less about every other team in our current conference.

The hypothetical I keep running in my head is that if UConn advances to the finals, the ticket for that game could easily get into the $80-$100 range for the cheapest seats because it would be a de facto elimination game with a tourney bid on the line.

Again, there is a bunch of risk involved, especially if UConn lost their first game, and you would be stuck with a bunch of tickets that have absolutely no value to the general public in CT. At least with the Big East tourney, most teams fans traveled well, and there was always demand for tickets.

Reaction Score
I just purchased 3 all session tickets for $73 each from easy seat. Now that is a deal! $268.41 total with fees.

Reaction Score
Ticket prices just dropped to $64 for the lowest all session passes if anyone is interested

Reaction Score
It's called scouring the streets outside the XL Center for scalpers on the day of the game. If you wanna go game by game this is your best bet, I would do this for the BET and those tickets were obviously more expensive but the AAC Tourney should be pretty low just to get into the building

Ehh I guess I'll just do this hopefully it all works out and I get to watch them in the championship or semifinal

Reaction Score
Student tickets are $10 and are on a first come first serve basis at the XL Center. Only 120 student tickets available.

Reaction Score
Student tickets are $10 and are on a first come first serve basis at the XL Center. Only 120 student tickets available.
Ill be at the XL center 3 hours before the games. Will the be selling tickets each game leading up to the championship for 10 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom