For an F.S.U. Football Player, a Hit and Run Becomes Traffic Tickets | The Boneyard

For an F.S.U. Football Player, a Hit and Run Becomes Traffic Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its only a matter of time at this rate before someone is killed by a FSU player (accidental or on purpose) and then it is really going to hit the fan. Jimbo hopes to be long gone by then.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/s...and-run-becomes-two-traffic-tickets.html?_r=0

There seems to be all sorts of getting pretty close to the fan.

I mean, this is just getting outrageous. The two police departments down there seem to exist only to protect the football players:
  1. an accident at 2:30am and the driver (starting cornerback P.J. Williams), who had a suspended license, and passengers flee, so the Tallahassee police call the school police (even though they can't explain why they would do that, after being called out for lying the driver going home and about a mutual aid agreement with the school). there is also a strong chance of a connection between the accident and a robbery of the gas station at the scene of the accident (either that, or they have very very very unfortunate timing).
  2. 20 minutes later, the players return. no sobriety test conducted, no questions about whether they (especially the driver) were drinking or why they fled.
  3. other football players show up to the scene to tell the other driver how much they have on the line (apparently drunk).
  4. florida state police minimize report, don't note that the airbag of the other driver (just a grunt from Olive Garden) had deployed or that he had minor injuries.
  5. the police never wrote up a report because it was 'akin to a possum falling from a tree.'n
  6. neither the case nor the 911 call is not in the police database because of a 'technical glitch.'
  7. the charges are lowered from hit-and-run to an improper left turn and “unknowingly” driving with a suspended license.
The hammer needs to drop at that wreck of a university. Absolutely embarrassing. If I lived in Tallahassee I would genuinely fear coming into contact with a FSU player at night.

Reaction Score
ACC
Accepting Criminal Confederacy!

ACC! ACC! ACC!
NCSU, UL (Petrino), UNC, FSU, SU, and who else (TBD)

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Can this school, athletic program, and local law enforcement get any more filthier?

My answer would be, ummm..sure why not. Nothing is going to be done anyway. At least not in the immediate future.

Reaction Score
Looks like Billy Corben should take a drive up to Tallahassee from Miami. Might be a good documentary to follow 'The U' and 'The U Part 2'.

Reaction Score
Best thing to do in a case like this is to ask yourself..."What would Ron Jeremy do?"

Lynn

Reaction Score
Joe Paterno would call this type of reporting a witch hunt.
Joe Paterno was a great man, and educator who graduated his players and sought to make them solid citizens whether they be white or black. Perhaps a byproduct of being educated by the ultra liberal Ivy League Brown University. Meanwhile, back on the plantation that is SEC and ACC country, they still fly the confederate flag and pine for the days of slavery. Yikes.

Reaction Score
I hope Mr Keith hires an attorney and initiates a lawsuit against both the Tallahasse and FSU police departments.

Reaction Score
Joe Paterno was a great man, and educator who graduated his players and sought to make them solid citizens whether they be white or black. Perhaps a byproduct of being educated by the ultra liberal Ivy League Brown University. Meanwhile, back on the plantation that is SEC and ACC country, they still fly the confederate flag and pine for the days of slavery. Yikes.
LOL!

Reaction Score
Since there was a robbery in progress right where they were headed (three guys in a car that holds four) my first quesion is who dd they call in the interim after they had fled the scene? Obviously they made some calls becase teammates showed up, but to who else and why? Whatever passes for law enforcement needs to be scrutinized in the light of day and possibly under oath. Yeah there certainly is a lot on the line like the health and safety of average citizens vs the entitlement of immunized athletes.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Tallahassee PD is starting to remind me of the Gotham PD from the Fox TV show, except its real and Batman is not going to save Tallahassee's arse at the end of the day.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
http://news.fsu.edu/More-FSU-News/Response-to-Nov.-14-New-York-Times-article

This is what happens when you appoint a political hack as a university president. When the person doesn't understand university culture, he sticks his foot in it, like he did in this article. Get ready for more scrutiny, moron.

"We will continue to monitor media coverage of this incident and respond appropriately, but we want you to know the university worked very hard to provide accurate information to the reporter and is disturbed by the result. When read carefully, it is clear the story contains no evidence to support any of the writer’s implications."

I'm glad they are monitoring the NY Times and not their football program. I would be very upset if that is how Susan responded to the contents of that article.

Reaction Score
"We will continue to monitor media coverage of this incident and respond appropriately, but we want you to know the university worked very hard to provide accurate information to the reporter and is disturbed by the result. When read carefully, it is clear the story contains no evidence to support any of the writer’s implications."

I'm glad they are monitoring the NY Times and not their football program. I would be very upset if that is how Susan responded to the contents of that article.

Susan, though, is not a political hack whose chief relationship to higher ed. in the state is that she once put up a bill to hack the university he now runs to absolute pieces.

This guy has an appropriate last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69