First Night Details Released | The Boneyard

First Night Details Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This year first night will be unlike anything seen before as it takes on a “Glow-in-the-Dark” theme. The first 5,000 fans will receive special glow-in-the-dark sunglasses. Additional glow-in-the-dark giveaways will be distributed throughout the night. Fans are encouraged to wear neon and other glow in the dark items to the event.

This year’s show will once again be headlined by an inter-squad scrimmage with one team coached by head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma and the other coached by head men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie. The night will feature a state of the art light show, 3-point shooting contest, dunk contest, performances by the Pep Band, prize giveaways and so much more.

Gampel Pavilion doors will open at 6 p.m. Meet the 2015-16 men's and women's basketball teams as they sign autographs for Husky fans from 6– 7p.m. in the Athletic Director's lobby (located between the East and South entrances).

The show is scheduled to run from 7:30 – 8:45 p.m.

Also:

2 p.m. – UConn Volleyball vs. East Carolina
3 p.m. – Fan Fest on Fairfield Way
6 p.m. – Doors Open for First Night
6 p.m. – 7 PM– Autograph Session
6 p.m. – Pre-event begins
7:30 p.m. – Showtime

[MORE]

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This year first night will be unlike anything seen before as it takes on a “Glow-in-the-Dark” theme. The first 5,000 fans will receive special glow-in-the-dark sunglasses. Additional glow-in-the-dark giveaways will be distributed throughout the night. Fans are encouraged to wear neon and other glow in the dark items to the event.

This year’s show will once again be headlined by an inter-squad scrimmage with one team coached by head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma and the other coached by head men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie. The night will feature a state of the art light show, 3-point shooting contest, dunk contest, performances by the Pep Band, prize giveaways and so much more.

Gampel Pavilion doors will open at 6 p.m. Meet the 2015-16 men's and women's basketball teams as they sign autographs for Husky fans from 6– 7p.m. in the Athletic Director's lobby (located between the East and South entrances).

The show is scheduled to run from 7:30 – 8:45 p.m.

Also:

2 p.m. – UConn Volleyball vs. East Carolina
3 p.m. – Fan Fest on Fairfield Way
6 p.m. – Doors Open for First Night
6 p.m. – 7 PM– Autograph Session
6 p.m. – Pre-event begins
7:30 p.m. – Showtime

[MORE]
You're slipping Javaman. All that info and no date. :eek:

October 16, a Friday.

Reaction Score
You're slipping Javaman. All that info and no date. :eek:

October 16, a Friday.
Just the kind of thing that irritates the #!@... outta me! My slip: that date has been in my head for weeks; figured everyone already knew it. :oops:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hope the three point contest actually happens this year. Last year it was scheduled before being pulled at the last minute without explanation.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I wonder if the only way to watch will be on the web, like last year. Feed fuzzy enough to give you a headache, but better than not begin able to get anything at all!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is said that ESPN will cover it in super whip around chaos - predominantly men's game stuff. So, effectively it may be internet only.

Reaction Score
Last year it was on espn 3 for full coverage, in HD if your internet is fast enough

Reaction Score
Thought it was on TV... ESPN2 or ESPNU. I don't recall having to use ESPN3 to watch the previous years because they cover 8 men's first nights and UConn's, but maybe ESPN3 is to avoid whip around.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If that's the case not sure what will change. The women have a larger roster than last year.
Roster size was not the issue. They had decided on a format where each player made a grand entrance from the concourse level and had to make their way down the stairs (with high fives etc. abound) down to the floor. Some made their way faster than others but the process added at least 10-15 minutes to the proceedings and something needed to be cut.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Roster size was not the issue. They had decided on a format where each player made a grand entrance from the concourse level and had to make their way down the stairs (with high fives etc. abound) down to the floor. Some made their way faster than others but the process added at least 10-15 minutes to the proceedings and something needed to be cut.

They weren't going to get a 3-point contest done in 10-15 minutes though. Unless it was just one player per team.

Reaction Score
I really liked it better when the Women were alone and could concentrate on meeting the players and see them scrimmage each other without the men's "look at me dunk it brand of ball thrown in! I don't want contests, silly games, & loud music, I want UCONN WBB for 1 1/2 to 2 hours! Now I get the autographs and go home!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I actually really enjoyed the mixed scrimmage - the players were having a ton of fun with it, and watching especially Moriah and Boatright go at it was a treat! I think it is a good atmosphere for the camaraderie that has developed between the two programs and is a good image for the prospective recruits.
And the crowd for just the women was starting to get a bit thin.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The scrimmage was also the first and only time I've seen Natalie Butler play. Though obviously we'll see her playing all the time in short order.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The scrimmage was also the first and only time I've seen Natalie Butler play. Though obviously we'll see her playing all the time in short order.

YAY!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just remember Kib, the every 4 hours thing is a lie - no more than 2 3/4 to 3 hours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom