Finalists Announced for McDonald's Girls Player of the Year!!! | The Boneyard

Finalists Announced for McDonald's Girls Player of the Year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Three UConn Recruits Make the List.

B_LnoeNU0AAMBR5.jpg

Reaction Score
I think the committee for this award has a pretty easy job in filling out the nominees. They just look at who committed to UCONN and automatically include them!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am stunned that Boykin is on the list. Congrats to her for sure, but very surprised none the less. And I haven't followed the post players of that class much since we weren't a finalist for any of them, but Kalani Brown must be better than I thought for her to be one of hte top 6.

Lastly, I think it's great that Collier's hair is sort of all over the place. I'm guessing they took the pictures either after some sort of Team USA practice, or whatever, but I could see Napheesa saying "I'm busy working on my game. What? You want to take my picture. Ok lemme just pin my hair up. Come on - make it quick!"

HGN

Reaction Score
My vote goes to Naphessa for her overall Consistency since summer and during the playing season....She hasn't scored as high as KLS but her 25+ points , rebounds , and leadership , and overall play has been outstanding.

Reaction Score
What else can you say, but OMG!!!...........They do not rebuild, they just reload..........

Reaction Score
rvw- Guessing Ogunbowale? Yes, Eric, puzzling. Boykin was Hoopgurlz #22 and Blue Star #9- well respected but not elite (and injured much of this year). Aside from her impressive talents and stats, Lou leading Mater Dei to national #1 ranking - I think that'll put her over the top.(that and the fact I am totally biased)

rvw- Ohhh. I thought Ogunbowale because she played with the UConn 3 internationally and might have bonded with them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it's between KLS and Durr for the award. The later being the one with the regrets IMHO.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Go Napheesaaaa!!!! I love that girl! Such a solid player and great person inside and out. Once again.....hate you all got her! Lol
Please stop posting stuff like this. It might make me actually like some Tennessee fans, and that would potentially signal the beginning of the end of the world (as we know it)! ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it's between KLS and Durr for the award. The later being the one with the regrets IMHO.
I don't know about that. As far as regrets go. Of course it's impossible to know what a 17 year old kid is thinking, but UCONN was not the right place for her, even if UCONN fans wanted her and she is the #2 kid in the class. Our offense is too complex and requires too much thinking and reacting, and that's not her strength (at least not at the moment - not saying she can't develop that skill)... I think she's at the right place - I could see her having a career similar to Schimmel's - a free flowing player who can pretty much do whatever she wants to on offense with very little reigning in by the HC.

By the way I'm not implying she's uncoachable or anything like that. Just saying that her strengths are not what really good UCONN players strengths are...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Louisville does seem a good fit for Durr, a place where Angel and Shoni were both given enough room to lead the Cards to an NC game. And as both Geno and Chris have mentioned a few times in the Geno shows recently, finding the kind of player that is both good and can fit into UConn's grinding system is getting tough. It certainly has its rewards, but also some extreme challenges that are not for everyone.

Just hope Katie Lou, Napheesa, and DJ don't split that Husky vote between them.

Reaction Score
I'm very happy with who we got :) getting Durr and/or Ogunbowale would have been an over kill. In this case it seems that every one went exactly to the school they should have gone too...Durr will do very very well in Lousville and be an AA and same with Ogunbowale at ND while KLS, Collier and Boykin will pile National Championships :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Think Durr would've been a great player at UConn and I'm sure the coaching staff did as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to all the kids! I'm surprised about DJB, but only because she missed much of the season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I breathed a sigh of relief on Durr. Ditto last year on A Wms.

Reaction Score
If I recall Geno basically said goodbye.
Where are you getting that? This kind of nonsense has gotten thrown around on here at way too many kids who've done nothing except decide not to come here. Don't get me wrong, I think that Geo has the best track record for developing talent, but there are a ton of tremendous, skilled, unselfish athletes who have perfectly valid reasons to go somewhere else.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know about that. As far as regrets go. Of course it's impossible to know what a 17 year old kid is thinking, but UCONN was not the right place for her, even if UCONN fans wanted her and she is the #2 kid in the class. Our offense is too complex and requires too much thinking and reacting, and that's not her strength (at least not at the moment - not saying she can't develop that skill)... I think she's at the right place - I could see her having a career similar to Schimmel's - a free flowing player who can pretty much do whatever she wants to on offense with very little reigning in by the HC.

By the way I'm not implying she's uncoachable or anything like that. Just saying that her strengths are not what really good UCONN players strengths are...

+3

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Trying to figure out when this notion of Durr not being a team player or not fitting UConn started. Is it because she scores a ton of points in HS? She really has no choice there as she's practically her entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom