Final Four for Holmes??? | The Boneyard

Final Four for Holmes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In one of the articles from the tournament this weekend there was a statement that said Joyner Holmes narrowed her college list to 4 schools. Does anyone know what schools they are? If not, do we think UConn may be one of the schools?

Reaction Score
In one of the articles from the tournament this weekend there was a statement that said Joyner Holmes narrowed her college list to 4 schools. Does anyone know what schools they are? If not, do we think UConn may be one of the schools?

As far as I know UCONN has never been linked with Joyner Holmes.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As far as I know UCONN has never been linked with Joyner Holmes.
Pretty sure she is a TX or neighboring state recruit. She wants to stay close.

Reaction Score

"Holmes is Blue Star's No. 1 prospect in the junior class, a nod to her extraordinary physical ability and willingness to work at both ends of the floor. She has narrowed her list of college choices to four, but declined to reveal them."

[LINK]

Reaction Score
Here's a tweet from back in December.
BY_Tweet_5.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Per an old Hoopgurlz article: "Holmes has yet to narrow her choices down except to say that she is willing to leave Texas but wants to stay fairly close to home."

That would seem to rule out UConn.

I didn't know that she was such a good track athlete. She jumped the #5 triple jump in the nation a few weeks ago and I saw a picture on twitter of a track recruiting letter she received from Kansas.

JS

Reaction Score
Here's a tweet from back in December.
Geno may have seen Holmes play on his Texas trip, as the tweet indicates was his intention, but I heard not long afterward that UConn wasn't recruiting her.

Would guess he picked up the vibe, as Orangutan notes, that she wouldn't be straying far from Texas if she leaves it at all.

He also saw Cox, whom UConn is very definitely recruiting, on that trip. If she's a long shot, as was the common wisdom, it doesn't seem she's as long a shot as Holmes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She sure would fit nicely into the up tempo style of play that Mulkey is working toward. Mulkey wants to push the ball up the court and Holmes would get a chance to run up and down the court and utilize her athleticism. I have said before, and I still feel this way, that I would rather land Holmes than Cox as I think Holmes will be the better college player due to her athleticism.

If she wants to be a two-sport athlete it may be hard to compete with UT. Aston is building a nice program and UT has a lot to offer.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
At what time can High School players start taking official visits now a days?

I remember back when Holmes was at USC and taking photos with some football players (or recruits) down on the field.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yeah, she visited USC last September with two senior football players from Cedar Hill H.S. One ended up signing with the Trojans, and the other with Ole Miss. Have no idea if either was/is her boyfriend.

I believe the new rule was that rising seniors could begin taking official visits the summer prior to their junior seasons, but I could be wrong. I assumed her visit to USC was on official visit, but there's always a chance it was on her own dime. With her list not down to 4 schools, I assumed that coincided with the 4 official visits she plans to take in the near future. But, that could be completely wrong.

JS

Reaction Score
I believe the new rule was that rising seniors could begin taking official visits the summer prior to their junior seasons, but I could be wrong.
Not that early. Earliest date for official visits in Div. 1 women's basketball is the Thurs. following the national championship game in the player's junior year.

Reaction Score
rising seniors could begin taking official visits the summer prior to their junior seasons,
How can one senior go back to before she was even a junior? :) Or a sophomore who knows she will be rising during her senior year?

JS

Reaction Score
How can one senior go back to before she was even a junior? :) Or a sophomore who knows she will be rising during her senior year?
Quibble, quibble. It's all very logical, if you throw out most of your logic.

220px-Back_to_the_Future_film_series_logo.png

Actually, I always thought a "rising" player was in the summer between her previously completed academic year and the one for which she has yet to begin classes. No?

So Stewie is now a rising senior.

And promises to do a lot of rising AS a senior too.

222210-breanna-stewart-goes-for-dunk-4a165.jpg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
You are correct. I didn't need to mention "rising senior". Could have simply said "junior"

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, that's an interesting surprise. Given that she previously stated a desire to stay close to home, you'd have to make Texas the favorite, but she must have budged on that a little if TN and ND are her other finalists.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
She is Texas' to lose at the moment.

Tennessee has been in contact with her for a long time, and she will likely make an official visit to Knoxville this fall.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Texas would seem like the perfect fit but things have not been going quite as well for them lately with players rescinding their verbals.

I really do not want to see McGraw swoop in and steal another Texas post player.

If that's your fear, even if ND loses out on Holmes you still have to worry about ND getting Cox or Ciera Johnson.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think Texas is in pretty good shape. One of her best friends, 2016 Jada Underwood, committed to Texas a few months ago. Looks like the two of them along with 2016 commit Alecia Sutton, will be taking their official visits to Texas together in September. They all attended the Texas summer camp together.

I don't know Tennessee's depth at SF/PF for 2016, but Notre Dame already has two 2016 verbals from Top 10 national players who may have similar skills, although I doubt that would deter Holmes. If Joyner takes an official visit to ND, hopefully it will be the first weekend in September when Texas football plays their game in South Bend. She probably has a lot of friends from the metroplex on the Longhorn football team.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I think Texas is in pretty good shape. One of her best friends, 2016 Jada Underwood, committed to Texas a few months ago. Looks like the two of them along with 2016 commit Alecia Sutton, will be taking their official visits to Texas together in September. They all attended the Texas summer camp together.

I don't know Tennessee's depth at SF/PF for 2016, but Notre Dame already has two 2016 verbals from Top 10 national players who may have similar skills, although I doubt that would deter Holmes. If Joyner takes an official visit to ND, hopefully it will be the first weekend in September when Texas football plays their game in South Bend. She probably has a lot of friends from the metroplex on the Longhorn football team.

Russell - RS Jr
Jasmine Jones - RS Sr
Nared - Jr
if Mavunga comes - RS Jr

Tennessee has plenty of room, and minutes for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom