Fewest votes in AAC preseason FB poll | The Boneyard

Fewest votes in AAC preseason FB poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who cares? Will things be so much different in crazy HCBD's second year that we and end up bowling? God I hope so but honestly, I have no idea what this season will bring. Less than ever but I'm strapping myself in for some kind of ride....hopefully upwards.

Reaction Score
I believe that by virtue of better strength & conditioning, combined with an overwhelming majority of the team returning to a system they've had a year+ to digest, they will be much more prepared to execute both offensively and defensively. Will that get them to 7 wins this season? I believe that answer is in the hands of Verducci & Sherrifs. Can the D contain Navy's option? Can they be inspired enough as a group to wave a trophy in CFU's home crowd face and bring it back home? Can they topple Temple and Cinci? Neither are Goliath's.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Good. Exactly what the team needs - get that chip on the shoulder and start proving people wrong.

Reaction Score
Ummmm this is a team that somehow managed to lose to a winless team, at home, in miserable weather, with a coaching staff that had both feet out the door. We've earned this ranking.

I just hope to hell that Diaco is an evil genius and knows what he's doing. It's all we have.

Reaction Score
Ummmm this is a team that somehow managed to lose to a winless team, at home, in miserable weather, with a coaching staff that had both feet out the door. We've earned this ranking.

I just hope to hell that Diaco is an evil genius and knows what he's doing. It's all we have.

And the same team handed UFC their only AAC loss last year.

Anything is possible. (That is the good and the bad news)

Reaction Score

Hey Hey Debbie downer!! They brought in an excellent strength and conditioning coach, replaced the o-line coach who was basically being replaced by the offensive coordinators the last four years(watch the sticks & stones get thrown at me for that comment:eek:) and brought in a new O-coordinator with tons and tons of NFL + college experience. I agree with you they only won 2 games last year but how about just once we look forward instead of looking back. Last year is water under the bridge. This year the kids are bigger, faster and more in tune with what they are supposed to be doing. I think these guys will improve dramatically before our eyes as the season progresses. I see the Temple game as their ticket to post season play. Can they punch it?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much about what the beat writers think. If they really knew football they'd be covering a better conference.

Reaction Score
When the media says our chances of having a winning season are strong we think of them as experts. When they take a totally opposite position, they simply don't know what their talking about. Why, if your a true fan of a team, would anything "they" say matter to your support of the team? If one gets enjoyment from supporting and following a team, only if sportswriters have a positive take on the team's chances of winning, why watch the games at all? Too many fans let the "expert writers" influence their opinion of the team they follow. I'm not on this site that much, but when I do contribute to the conversation, I try to be positive about my team, and disregard the "opinions" of a bunch of sportswriters who are guessing about the future season just as much as I am. I bought season tickets and attend the games because I like the UConn football team. Sportswriters chripping is just "white noise" that accompanies the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom