Felix Hernandez agrees to 5 year/135.5 million extension | The Boneyard

Felix Hernandez agrees to 5 year/135.5 million extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This can only be a good deal if he brings some championships to Seattle. I think the Mariners are still a long way off. I am sure they have a great insurance policy to back this up but King Felix is now almost untradable if the Mariners decide to change directions.

Reaction Score
The Mariners have been trying to spend but they get rebuffed at times. To me, Felix is still young (27) and the face of the franchise. He's they're "Pedro" (not saying he's as good of course)...
Seattle has some good young talent coming up the pipelines, they just need to attract some hitters over there through FA.

Reaction Score
That's odd. I thought the Yankees were just going to go pluck him off the Mariners roster....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That's odd. I thought the Yankees were just going to go pluck him off the Mariners roster....

They settled for the next big thing in Pineda!!

Reaction Score
Felix wanted to stay in Seattle the whole time. He loves it there and his parents live there and love it also. The best part is it takes another FA target away from the Yankees wish list.

Mariners have made some moves and are improved. Fences are moved in this year also which should help the offensive numbers. Last time the M's made a big move is when they traded for Bedard to "go for it". His injuries ruined that trade and set the M's back. Now they have a nucleus and pitching to build around.

Reaction Score
I guess its good that he is staying in Seattle, but that kind of money is good for Felix H only, I don't see how baseball as a whole benefits.

Reaction Score
I guess its good that he is staying in Seattle, but that kind of money is good for Felix H only, I don't see how baseball as a whole benefits.

If the contract is finished. Seattle is holding up the contract extensions because of some fears about his elbow.

Reaction Score
If the contract is finished. Seattle is holding up the contract extensions because of some fears about his elbow.
You wonder if when things like that happen seemingly after the fact if it is insurance related. You simply cannot justify that contract from a business perspective unless you can insure it.

(thread highjacking alert) I am loathe to side with the owners, but I really do hope that the Yanks can void ARod's contract. Its come to that, I dislike ARod more than I can stomach and therefore must root for the Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom