• Tamika Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please respond & specify)

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because she's current, I expect MoJet to win. Though I gotta say that Ketia Swanier was pretty damn fast.

And I remember a Geno show where he said Tamika Williams was the fastest player on that team. Sue Bird was there and she did not like that comment! :) But he stuck by it, saying that point-to-point, without a basketball, TW was faster.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Because she's current, I expect MoJet to win. Though I gotta say that Ketia Swanier was pretty damn fast.

And I remember a Geno show where he said Tamika Williams was the fastest player on that team. Sue Bird was there and she did not like that comment! :) But he stuck by it, saying that point-to-point, without a basketball, TW was faster.

End to end speed, Jefferson or Swanier. I'd give Jefferson the edge because she goes end to end under control better than Swanier did.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Without the ball, Maya would probably be behind the fastest players at the half-court mark, but it's possible she gets close to them at the 94-foot mark. Probably not , since it's still a relatively short distance. But if you take the race to the track and run a 100m, I think Maya would have a shot.

She has really big strides so her speed is deceiving. Takes her a step or two to get going, which is to the others' advantage in a shorter footrace. After that, she's really motorin'..!

Reaction Score
I know she hasn't played a game yet but... Gabby Williams was a track star in HS.

Reaction Score
Would rather you wrote "quickest" which is more important than raw speed in BB so I voted for Pedro, I mean MoJett.

Reaction Score
Agree with diva that Lorin Dixon has to be considered. My top three would be Jefferson, Swanier and Dixon. Taking it a step further, the quickest to the rim with the ability to get off her own shot is in my opinion Jefferson, through years one and two. Exciting to think about her offensive ability if she becomes even more aggressive off the dribble as the team/offense continues to evolve.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
My vote is Mojett: she has the speed, the control, and the ability to score off her lightening fasr dribble:The trifecta of speedy basketball

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I checked Google but since it is a team event there was not "fastest" Husky listed.

Reaction Score
Wrong Williams! ... Not Tamika ... Not Gabby
Rita Williams was a blur!
Of course I may be biased being a Norwalk guy, but I do believe it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What I love about Mojet;
she's gets in among the trees so quickly that they don't even know she's there and as often as not is uncontested.

Reaction Score
MoJet is a shape shifter. On defense, it's amazing how she is able to encounter a screen, dissolve, and reappear on the other side of the screener, thereby staying in front of her assignment. That's what it seems like she does.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MoJett, Ketia, Lorin.

Gabby is both a sprinter and a hurdler, as well as a high jumper. I'm not listing her because I haven't seem her yet, but I think she's at least in the conversation.

Renee wasn't too shabby!

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
In the distance events, no one, but no one, could touch Sveta!

Reaction Score

From everything that's been written about Gabby Williams it's a pretty safe pick to say that for pure end-to-end speed she is...quickness may be another story!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Since my video memory is not very reliable, I'm calling it a tie between Rita Williams & Moriah with the ball, but my instinct wants to say Rita was quicker.

We coined the word "blurslash" for Ashley Battle, who I'd bet on for the 94-foot race without the ball.

As Bestiarius points out, for changing direction there's been no competition to the way Mo does it, which -- combined with her court awareness -- makes setting picks on her almost a useless activity.

I highly anticipate seeing how the "best athlete" Geno's ever recruited fits into this picture.

Last edited:
G

genosguy

With the ball, Sue Bird.
I have no way of knowing if Sue were the fastest with the ball. But in the BE regular season title on the line , at Gampel, she flew doen the court (all 94 ft or so of it) and at the buzzer scored the winner shot. I was at that game---wow oh wow.
She had a knack , when the ball was taken out to her, of running from left to right at full speed catch the ball and dribble away from the double or tripple teaming awaiting her. Does it sound like I love(ed?) Sue Bird--yep I sure do/did.. I believe in Europe she is still considered the very best (maybe greatest) point guard there.

G

genosguy

Since my video memory is not very reliable, I'm calling it a tie between Rita Williams & Moriah with the ball, but my instinct wants to say Rita was quicker.

We coined the word "blurslash" for Ashley Battle, who I'd bet on for the 94-foot race without the ball.

As Bestiarius points out, for changing direction there's been no competition to the way Mo does it, which -- combined with her court awareness -- makes setting picks on her almost a useless activity.

I highly anticipate seeing how the "best athlete" Geno's ever recruited fits into this picture.
JRRRJ---the beautiful thing here is ---right or wrong who cares. All above in the list gave me superb memories. Even KJ Johnson. She was terrific as a point guard and 3 ball shooter. But before the game (during BE Tourney) she sat alone. We approached her, she was warm and welcoming--I considered her a nice kid. Always wondered what problem (if any) the team had with her. She transferred to Perdue U (not the chickens)--then got lost. I just wonder about her.

G

genosguy

JRRRJ---the beautiful thing here is ---right or wrong who cares. All above in the list gave me superb memories. Even KJ Johnson. She was terrific as a point guard and 3 ball shooter. But before the game (during BE Tourney) she sat alone. We approached her, she was warm and welcoming--I considered her a nice kid. Always wondered what problem (if any) the team had with her. She transferred to Perdue U (not the chickens)--then got lost. I just wonder about her.
From everything that's been written about Gabby Williams it's a pretty safe pick to say that for pure end-to-end speed she is...quickness may be another story!
Kitia--Was fast and quick too. But she (at least in her first 2 years) played fast and out of control a lot . Moriah Jefferson is rarely, if ever, out of control. I hope Gabby's recovery is fully accomplished. I suspect she'll sit out this year (maybe minimal games) to be at full ability both mentally and physically as a Soph.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have no way of knowing if Sue were the fastest with the ball. But in the BE regular season title on the line , at Gampel, she flew doen the court (all 94 ft or so of it) and at the buzzer scored the winner shot. I was at that game---wow oh wow.
She had a knack , when the ball was taken out to her, of running from left to right at full speed catch the ball and dribble away from the double or tripple teaming awaiting her. Does it sound like I love(ed?) Sue Bird--yep I sure do/did.. I believe in Europe she is still considered the very best (maybe greatest) point guard there.
I believe Geno's instructions were "Just go." Sue didn't need any more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom