Fall baseball roster | The Boneyard

Fall baseball roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At the baseball alumni game today I managed to get a copy of the fall baseball roster. I counted 44 players on it. Here are the newcomers:

Fr - Sam Breiner - C
Fr -Tim Cate - LHP
Fr - Alex Hintze -LHP
Fr - Jack Lambrecht - Inf
Fr - Matt Laveneziana - OF
Fr - Dillon Malandro - Inf/OF
Fr - Joe Maselli - Inf
Fr - PJ Poulin -LHP
Fr - Ronnie Rossomando - RHP
Fr - Zac Susi - C
Fr - John Toppa - Inf/OF
RFr - Tyler Mitchell - LHP - transfer from University of Hartford
So - John Russell - RHP - Avery Point
Jr - Izzy Davila - OF/Inf - Avery Point
Jr - John Domnarski - LHP - Avery Point
Jr - Tyler Gnesda - 1B/C/OF - Cypress College
RJr - Keith Krueger - OF - Grossmont College
RSr - Jason D'Andrea - C/OF - UCLA/Pierce College

Jason D'Andrea and John Russell were both on the fall roster last season.

As for the players who were on the team last season, Nick Lamberti (transferred to Southern Connecticut State University), and Callahan Brown are not on the fall ball roster. Everyone else who was on the UConn roster last season who did not turn pro or did not use up their collegiate eligibility is on the fall roster.

Reaction Score
At the baseball alumni game today I managed to get a copy of the fall baseball roster. I counted 44 players on it. Here are the newcomers:

Fr - Sam Breiner - C
Fr -Tim Cate - LHP
Fr - Alex Hintze -LHP
Fr - Jack Lambrecht - Inf
Fr - Matt Laveneziana - OF
Fr - Dillon Malandro - Inf/OF
Fr - Joe Maselli - Inf
Fr - PJ Poulin -LHP
Fr - Ronnie Rossomando - RHP
Fr - Zac Susi - C
Fr - John Toppa - Inf/OF
RFr - Tyler Mitchell - LHP - transfer from University of Hartford
So - John Russell - RHP - Avery Point
Jr - Izzy Davila - OF/Inf - Avery Point
Jr - John Domnarski - LHP - Avery Point
Jr - Tyler Gnesda - 1B/C/OF - Cypress College
RJr - Keith Krueger - OF - Grossmont College
RSr - Jason D'Andrea - C/OF - UCLA/Pierce College

Jason D'Andrea and John Russell were both on the fall roster last season.

As for the players who were on the team last season, Nick Lamberti (transferred to Southern Connecticut State University), and Callahan Brown are not on the fall ball roster. Everyone else who was on the UConn roster last season who did not turn pro or did not use up their collegiate eligibility is on the fall roster.
DBMILL, Not sure how much you know about the players above, but which players do you believe will make an impact next year ?

Reaction Score
Just checked the alumni game lineup thread. Interesting to see that true freshman Toppa and Susi are starting. Also Junior JC Transfer, Gnesda also,in starting lineup

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
DBMILL, Not sure how much you know about the players above, but which players do you believe will make an impact next year ?

Rossomando was drafted last year so I think he will see some meaningful innings this coming year, just as Kay did coming in with similar hype. Domnarski was also reportedly the best pitcher on Avery Point's staff, so he should be able to contribute to the team as well. I also hope that one of the other freshman lefties (Cate, Hintze, Poulin) will show some stuff.

Reaction Score

I wish I knew that. I really don't know. But from the little I've read about the recruits, I have a really good feeling about some of the pitchers that are coming into the program or were redshirted last season. I have to think Rossomando will be a candidate to be a starter, possibly on the weekend. Interestingly enough, he was the third UConn pitcher of the day, following Zapata and Nepiarsky. Kay is a given for the Friday weekend spot, and I would think Zapata and Nepiarsky are the guys most likely to get the other weekend spots at this point.

Reaction Score
Just checked the alumni game lineup thread. Interesting to see that true freshman Toppa and Susi are starting. Also Junior JC Transfer, Gnesda also,in starting lineup

Last year Connor Buckley started on Alumni Day. While he was not a full time starter, he was a walk on who was impressing the coaching staff and who was in the process of making the team. I thought it interesting that Gnesda got the start, considering today is the first I have heard of him.

Reaction Score
Rossomando was drafted last year so I think he will see some meaningful innings this coming year, just as Kay did coming in with similar hype. Domnarski was also reportedly the best pitcher on Avery Point's staff, so he should be able to contribute to the team as well. I also hope that one of the other freshman lefties (Cate, Hintze, Poulin) will show some stuff.

In addition to Rossomando, I like what I have heard about Cate, Hintze, Poulin, and the righty Polonia. When you throw Domnarski and the redshirted Jack Riley (he had a very good summer ball season) in, it seems that there could be plenty of new left handed pitching options to go along with Anthony Kay.

Reaction Score
Mitchell is from Hamden and I would imagine has to sit for an in residence year/partial year? He did not see the field for Hartford.

Reaction Score
In addition to Rossomando, I like what I have heard about Cate, Hintze, Poulin, and the righty Polonia. When you throw Domnarski and the redshirted Jack Riley (he had a very good summer ball season) in, it seems that there could be plenty of new left handed pitching options to go along with Anthony Kay.
Great to have lefthanded pitching options. Also have a feeling Hill has breakout year. After an early bad start, he seemed to hit and play much better . Also was pleasantly surprised with Yahn 's play. The AAC is a tough baseball league, but we held our own and with a few breaks we could have made NCAA tournament

Reaction Score
44 players on the roster, which means 9 will have to be cut for the spring to get down to the 35 player roster limit.

Reaction Score
Mitchell is from Hamden and I would imagine has to sit for an in residence year/partial year? He did not see the field for Hartford.

If he makes the team, not sure if he would have to sit. I've seen a number of soccer and baseball transfers not having to miss any playing time.

Reaction Score
If he makes the team, not sure if he would have to sit. I've seen a number of soccer and baseball transfers not having to miss any playing time.

Roger... basketball/football clearer - imagine that.

Reaction Score
I noticed Randy Palonia isn't on the fall roster. He had a great summer in American Legion ball. Anyone know why he isn't listed?

Reaction Score
I noticed Randy Palonia isn't on the fall roster. He had a great summer in American Legion ball. Anyone know why he isn't listed?

He pitched yesterday in the Alumni game...think the fall roster above was just meant to capture the "new" guys.

Reaction Score

How did I miss Randy Polonia? Polonia is indeed one of the newcomers to the team, and he is listed on the fall baseball roster that I picked up. I was rushing to get that post done last night, and in my haste to transcribe all the new players on the team I just happened to skip over him. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom