Facts that our Orange Friends Can't Ignore | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Facts that our Orange Friends Can't Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
how about the B1G's research firms poll before RU's invite in "10" showing the value to be added by RU was only exceeded by ND of all the potential candidates? Some people refuse anything(almost all are agenda driven or jealous) showing RU's immense value. A year before the announcement I wondered why the B1G was polling many of the CFB sites I visited!?! Seems I soon learned to my relief.

Uh, LOL, you do realize that PSU is in the B1G, right? RU second in value to ND of all candidates doesn't contradict what I wrote. My lord.

Reaction Score
Uh, LOL, you do realize that PSU is in the B1G, right? RU second in value to ND of all candidates doesn't contradict what I wrote. My lord.
Who said anything about PSU? They were already in the B1G upstater...you of all should know that!! Why so sensitive on such a pleasant holiday week...try decaf lol.Of all the candidates that the B1G was looking to add,,,,PSU was already IN the B1G...calm down. You said yourself their were MANY samples. I just elaborated on it.

Reaction Score
Most valuable = most cable box and vacant trophy case space. We already know.

Right now everyone is saying Cincy and UConn are too good to be left behind. If either one was in a P5 and Rutgers was in AAC I wonder if anyone would think twice about it.

Reaction Score
Who said anything about PSU? They were already in the B1G upstater...you of all should know that!! Why so sensitive on such a pleasant holiday week...try decaf lol.Of all the candidates that the B1G was looking to add,,,,PSU was already IN the B1G...calm down. You said yourself their were MANY samples. I just elaborated on it.

OK, let's not get off the merry go round of confusion here. You responded to a post of mine where I wrote that the RU game with the high ratings on BTN was against PSU, which is a relatively popular team in NY. In other words, I have no idea why you countered my original post.

Reaction Score
OK, let's not get off the merry go round of confusion here. You responded to a post of mine where I wrote that the RU game with the high ratings on BTN was against PSU, which is a relatively popular team in NY. In other words, I have no idea why you countered my original post.
What you took as a challenge was simply another "sample" of whose most popular in NYC/NJ? Simple enough...not worth dragging this out any longer whether its a misread or misunderstanding... its not even worthy of another word upstater..I'm not challenging your expertise...OK?

Reaction Score
Most valuable = most cable box and vacant trophy case space. We already know.

Right now everyone is saying Cincy and UConn are too good to be left behind. If either one was in a P5 and Rutgers was in AAC I wonder if anyone would think twice about it.
What does trophy cases or good have to do with anything? See >Boise St<...its all about eyeball's and relationships(See> Jurich+L'ville<!! Their was NO WAY UConn should have been shut out. Don't blame RU for you're admins inadequacy....RU had a vision where it counted and followed it.Everyone? The B1g is already overjoyed with RU's 1st season and even wrestling is now ranked...everyone? but the P5 conferences where it counts...you know what they say about opinions? Some of you guys would blame RU for the plague!?! I don't even want to see this thread degenerate over a non issue created by envy.

Reaction Score
Thread starts out about Orange and hoops and ends up RU??This is just the reason the privates laugh at you're plight..

Reaction Score
Thread starts out about Orange and hoops and ends up RU??This is just the reason the privates laugh at you're plight..

Do you think it's because of the trolls? I do. Between 1978 (BC troll), Billybud (ACC troll), and Philly (RU troll), there have been plenty of derailments.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hey Dooley. I think the numbers you provided have helped us get a good handle on the likely PSU-BC attendance split for this weekend's game.

Assuming your numbers are correct (are they based on Facebook "Likes"?), and assuming the allotment each school got for their alums and students was 15k apiece, and based on the PB announcement that both schools sold out their allotment and the rest of the tickets were sold in and around NYC, and finally, based on your numbers which showed that PSU has 186K NYC fans and BC has 61K NYC fans (3-1 in favor of PSU), here is a reasonable projection, IMO:

Yankee Stadium Capacity: 54,000
PSU: 33,000 fans (15,000 allotment plus 18,000 of the remaining 24,000)
BC: 21,000 fans (15,000 allotment plus 6,000 of the remaining 24,000)

Likely PSU-BC split: 61% - 39%. I will take that! Your numbers were helpful! :)

Looks like we were both WAY off, huh? 90/10 split would appear to be generous given what we saw on TV and heard from people in attendance.

49k was announced and there weren't more than 4-5 lower bowl sections with BC fans in them. Seems like BC sold out their ticket allotment to Penn State fans.

I'll give the BC players credit for playing tough in what was truly a road environment. It was also nice to see our former Husky Shak Phillips make a few nice grabs.

And just for future reference for when you troll me or someone else here about UCONN's vs BC's presence in NYC: UCONN brought 2x or 3x as many fans to the same building to watch a meaningless game between two horrendous 2-win teams in November, clean to Thanksgiving. I am also positive that there were more UCONN fans at the IZOD for a regular season hoops game!

Reaction Score
how about the B1G's research firms poll before RU's invite in "10" showing the value to be added by RU was only exceeded by ND of all the potential candidates? Some people refuse anything(almost all are agenda driven or jealous) showing RU's immense value. A year before the announcement I wondered why the B1G was polling many of the CFB sites I visited!?! Seems I soon learned to my relief.

link?

Reaction Score
link?
Don't need one....its pretty common knowledge here...i guess its true you guys don't read much in the swamp's,....you've been on this site(BY) CR board where it has been linked and 1 of many places where I've read it and you ask for a link?Do your own research cause i really don't care what you think. They got the spot. Its a matter of public record if you're really interested in FTT's blog is another place!?!

Reaction Score
Looks like we were both WAY off, huh? 90/10 split would appear to be generous given what we saw on TV and heard from people in attendance.

49k was announced and there weren't more than 4-5 lower bowl sections with BC fans in them. Seems like BC sold out their ticket allotment to Penn State fans.

I'll give the BC players credit for playing tough in what was truly a road environment. It was also nice to see our former Husky Shak Phillips make a few nice grabs.

And just for future reference for when you troll me or someone else here about UCONN's vs BC's presence in NYC: UCONN brought 2x or 3x as many fans to the same building to watch a meaningless game between two horrendous 2-win teams in November, clean to Thanksgiving. I am also positive that there were more UCONN fans at the IZOD for a regular season hoops game!

Dooley, I wasn't going to respond to this thread any more, but since you addressed me directly, I will give you my response. First of all, thanks much for the tips on the Metro. I took the train from Stamford and it went very well. Plenty of parking and a nice big train station to handle the crowds. Coming back was wild in that thousands of people descended on a relatively small platform at Yankee Stadium at the same time. I was worried about safety as so many people crowding on a platform and pushing and shoving as a train approached was scary. Fortunately it all worked out. (Personal opinion: when I hear people like in the Hollywood left preach about environmental awareness and the wonders of mass transit for commuters, I doubt they would ever use it themselves in their daily commute!)

The Bowl was great (other than the ending). The Yankee people did a first class job with this game!

As to the fan attendance, you guys are funny. BC had 10-15,000 fans at that game. The lower bowl from the outfield, along the third base line, to home plate, was filled with BC fans. Ditto the middle level. Yes, PSU had more than twice as many fans, but the biggest difference is that they were VERY LOUD. That's something you don't see in the BC fanbase (other than the students), even at home games. So yes, the environment DID make it more of a home game for PSU. That said, to say there was less than 5k BC fans there, as some here have indicated, is absurd. None of you guys were there. The PSU fans I talked to agreed with me about what they perceived the size of the BC crowd was. I am not surprised that you guys would lowball it, however. :)

As painful as the loss was, the fact remains that the BC program has gone from a 2 win team that was heading for a crash and burn to two consecutive bowl years. Nobody expected that. None of you guys did - and frankly, neither did most BC fans. The recruiting is strong and we saw a glimpse of the future with the play of the freshmen. Have to remember that most of the guys still playing in that game were recruited by Spaz. Only one Addazio class is at BC right now. With Addazio staying, they will be a force to reckon with in the ACC in the future - especially as he gets more of his players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the TV images that I could see...there was a vast difference in the appearance of the BC fans and the PSU guys...

The PSU fans were uniformly dressed in the blue of Penn State (like an army of drones).

The BC crowd looked like a Woody Harrelson kind of crew. All different kinds of plaid shirts intersprinkled with a some red and gold...They looked loose and nonconformist in contrast.

Reaction Score
From the TV images that I could see...there was a vast difference in the appearance of the BC fans and the PSU guys...

The PSU fans were uniformly dressed in the blue of Penn State (like an army of drones).

The BC crowd looked like a Woody Harrelson kind of crew. All different kinds of plaid shirts intersprinkled with a some red and gold...They looked loose and nonconformist in contrast.

That is EXACTY correct. To their credit, all the PSU fans were decked out in the the blue and white PSU colors. For BC, it was everything under the sun. Some maroon and gold, others in black and red, others in white and red, others in the "gold tan" colors. All of this BC stuff is sold at the BC book stores in all these colors so it is not surprising that fans would wear them to games. You see the same thing at home games.

Reaction Score
Since the game has yet to be played, you have no basis to say what the split of BC and PSU fans will be. I suspect it will be more 50-50 as there are a ton of BC students and alums in NY and NJ. We shall see.

LMAO. Maybe the funniest quote that we will get to view again and again.

I'll tell you what we can see. We can see whether you have the integrity to come back and say something like "Wow, I came off like a total idiot because I couldn't have been more wrong." I know where the smart money is.

Reaction Score
(Personal opinion: when I hear people like in the Hollywood left preach about environmental awareness and the wonders of mass transit for commuters, I doubt they would ever use it themselves in their daily commute!)

There's a website devoted to celebrities on NYC subways. Regular riders.

Reaction Score
That is EXACTY correct. To their credit, all the PSU fans were decked out in the the blue and white PSU colors. For BC, it was everything under the sun. Some maroon and gold, others in black and red, others in white and red, others in the "gold tan" colors. All of this BC stuff is sold at the BC book stores in all these colors so it is not surprising that fans would wear them to games. You see the same thing at home games.

It'smuch harder to pick out blue and white out of a crowd than red and yellow. Red and yellow stand out.

Reaction Score
It'smuch harder to pick out blue and white out of a crowd than red and yellow. Red and yellow stand out.

And if every BC fan was in red and yellow, I would agree with you.

Reaction Score
There's a website devoted to celebrities on NYC subways. Regular riders.

Saw the website I think you are referring to, Upsater. My question was not whether they would ever ride them, but how many would trade their cars/limos, etc. for a DAILY commute on, say, the 4 or 6 train in rush hours, etc. It wasn't clear from the website, but, gotta say, it was impressive to see some of them using it nevertheless.

Reaction Score
Saw the website I think you are referring to, Upsater. My question was not whether they would ever ride them, but how many would trade their cars/limos, etc. for a DAILY commute on, say, the 4 or 6 train in rush hours, etc. It wasn't clear from the website, but, gotta say, it was impressive to see some of them using it nevertheless.

If you live their lifestyle, that question never pops into your mind. They are on their own time.

Reaction Score
If you live their lifestyle, that question never pops into your mind. They are on their own time.

Agreed. My question was more hypothetical. IF they had a daily obligation which required travel during rush hours like most of the rest of us, WOULD they? But I also agree the lifestyle of most of them makes the question moot in all practicality.

Reaction Score
BTW, Upstater, I know you also have a PSU allegiance. Their fans were great yesterday. Loud and passionate - but NOT jerks. (IMO, this often doesn't happen with every fanbase.). The folks I chatted with were classy and friendly. I was super impressed by how loud and coordinated their chants, cheers, etc. were. We already talked about their discipline in wearing the school colors.

Gotta say, that while our team was the equal of PSU yesterday, our fans were nowhere in their league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL...OK

"common knowledge here"...I thought so.
You know bill....I guess you're not too interested because its all there(on top of being common CR knowledge in FTTs blog)...I hated to do it but I've had enough of your arrogant trolling doing nothing but looking down on anything Northeastern college sport's as though FSU is the center of the universe in your folksy way so by !!

Reaction Score
And if every BC fan was in red and yellow, I would agree with you.

Quick question: if you're chiding us by saying that BC fans were wearing colors other than their school colors, how do you know that there were 10,000-15,000 BC fans there?

Isn't yours just a guess, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline