Facey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I pretty sure Facey is responsible for the measles outbreak.

Reaction Score
We can gripe and bitch about one guy at a time and all it says is we need everyone to get better. Need a few better players too, but in the meantime each guy has a job to do and that's to come back stronger, hungrier and more refined as a player period. That goes for each and every guy, no one gets a pass so far this year.
What about Pat Lenehan?

Reaction Score
He desperately needs 20 pounds, and with it he will muscle those putbacks in next year.[/QUOTE

Ah, the olde standard "add 20 pounds" answer. What KF needs more than anything is experience and improving his overall skill set. Get stronger definitely, but not at the expense of working on his skills and gaining as much experience as he can. Strength, not weight is important. After all look how much Nolan's additional weight has helped him.

Reaction Score
He desperately needs 20 pounds, and with it he will muscle those putbacks in next year.
Nolan put on 20 pounds and it hasn't helped at all. He needs strength not pounds and to retain his quickness.

Reaction Score
Not Facey's fault he is invisible on the offensive end. They don't run any plays for him and the team as a whole struggles to consistent feed the post.

Facey has been a reliable rebounder and he has good quickness and leaping ability along with being a quick leaper. His shot looks decent. With more time in the weight room I think Facey will be a real nice player for UConn the next couple years. He could develop into a stretch 4.

Reaction Score
Not Facey's fault he is invisible on the offensive end. They don't run any plays for him and the team as a whole struggles to consistent feed the post.

Facey has been a reliable rebounder and he has good quickness and leaping ability along with being a quick leaper. His shot looks decent. With more time in the weight room I think Facey will be a real nice player for UConn the next couple years. He could develop into a stretch 4.

I believe it is his fault to an extent. He doesn't roll off picks and doesn't look for the ball when he does. To me he's a guy who makes the team believe he's not ready to anything with it. Off of many offensive rebounds he has elected to pass it out. You know what, I earned the right to throw it back up if I have a decent chance to. He just needs to show confidence in himself so the voters believe he's ready to receive the ball in scoring position. But I agree wholeheartedly the weight room and some more time will get him to be a nice player. Maybe it's not as a starter but a real nice bench player?

Reaction Score
To be a stretch 4 you need a handle, good passing skills and a decent mid range game. Facey has none of these right now.

Maybe he could develop some of these by his Sr year.

I think this thread isn't to rip Facey, it's to normalize the hype from posters when the reality is he's very limited and one dimensional.

Facey has been a reliable rebounder and he has good quickness and leaping ability along with being a quick leaper. His shot looks decent. With more time in the weight room I think Facey will be a real nice player for UConn the next couple years. He could develop into a

Reaction Score
I believe it is his fault to an extent. He doesn't roll off picks and doesn't look for the ball when he does. To me he's a guy who makes the team believe he's not ready to anything with it. Off of many offensive rebounds he has elected to pass it out. You know what, I earned the right to throw it back up if I have a decent chance to. He just needs to show confidence in himself so the voters believe he's ready to receive the ball in scoring position. But I agree wholeheartedly the weight room and some more time will get him to be a nice player. Maybe it's not as a starter but a real nice bench player?

Agree he needs to be more assertive and play with more confidence. I think part of the problem is he does all the dirty work (setting screens, rebounding, banging down low) and then his teammates don't give him touches on the block, short corner or foul line unless it's for a set where he is just going to pass it back out. They don't give it to him when he is in a position to make an offensive move because there no set plays specifically for him.

With more reps and game play he will start trusting his game more.

Reaction Score
To be a stretch 4 you need a handle, good passing skills and a decent mid range game. Facey has none of these right now.

Maybe he could develop some of these by his Sr year.

I think this thread isn't to rip Facey, it's to normalize the hype from posters when the reality is he's very limited and one dimensional.

His shot is good. He has shown glimpses of it in games but I have been to enough practices and pick up games over the summer to know he has a legitimate shot to be a good mid range shooter with respectable 3 point range. He not going to shoot it like DD but he will keep defenses honest.

He doesn't have handle and I don't expect him to really develop much handle. However if you can hit the 3 and bring your defender out you can still be a stretch 4. It opens driving lanes and makes for better spacing and flow on offense.

Pittsnoggle is an example of that type

pj

Reaction Score
I've said it before but he costs us at least 3-5 possessions per game fighting teammates for boards.

Just think how many more possessions he would cost us if he had teammates who fought for boards!

Like it or not, Facey is a talented player who is our second best interior player. We just have to root for him and watch him develop.

Reaction Score
Does not catch enough heat on here for his play. He is a complete ghost out there on Offense. There have been times that I forgot he was even on our team. He hasn't even rebounded well on the offensive end.
He's a "ghost" because he rarely gets the ball in his hands. He's our 5th option out there for whatever reason, he sometimes doesn't finish but the moves are there.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Remember when Dwight Howard was drafted, skinny kid who could jump. A couple of years later, he looked like a combination of Hercules and Wilt.
Weight room.
If Ollie want Brimah and Facey to be post players, they need to put on twenty lbs of rock muscle. Their legs have to be stronger, their hands need to be stronger, their arms need to be stronger. Their games should improve dramatically if they add muscle. More than anything else they need to be on a muscle mass building program, at least, three days a week in the weight room plus a muscle building diet.
They need exercises specifically to build hand and forearm strength.

Reaction Score
Remember when Dwight Howard was drafted, skinny kid who could jump. A couple of years later, he looked like a combination of Hercules and Wilt.
Weight room.
If Ollie want Brimah and Facey to be post players, they need to put on twenty lbs of rock muscle. Their legs have to be stronger, their hands need to be stronger, their arms need to be stronger. Their games should improve dramatically if they add muscle. More than anything else they need to be on a muscle mass building program, at least, three days a week in the weight room plus a muscle building diet.
They need exercises specifically to build hand and forearm strength.

There's no doubt they need strength but let's not throw their bodies in the same mold as Howard. I mean he was "thin" but big. And who knows what else he's used to get where he is?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's the best rebounder on the team. Only player who can rebound in traffic or get a ball out of his area.

But........He needs to block out better and isn't efficient in the offensive sets. He could be a killer high post option if he would catch, turn and shoot.

Way too early to give up on him but he does need some major refining.

Doubt he'll be a superstar offensively. I'd like to see him grab a few more OB's and putbacks. No reason he can't get close to 8/10 ppg cleaning up the trash. He is by far our best rebounding big, which says more about the other bigs than it does about him. But, I like his energy. Does need to do a better job boxing out when AB goes ball hunting.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
17-foot jumper from the wing with 90 seconds left in the first half. He's got the best form on the team, and KO needs to start working in some pick-and-pop for him.

I don't care what percentage he shoots this season. I just want him ready to be a threat next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom