Facey | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Does not catch enough heat on here for his play. He is a complete ghost out there on Offense. There have been times that I forgot he was even on our team. He hasn't even rebounded well on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
He desperately needs 20 pounds, and with it he will muscle those putbacks in next year.

Reaction Score
Love how everyone thinks all our problems will be magically solved next year....
It's not magic and not guaranteed to solve all of our team's problems, and we need more talent for sure but adding some muscle to his skinny frame will help him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's the best rebounder on the team. Only player who can rebound in traffic or get a ball out of his area.

But.......................He needs to block out better and isn't efficient in the offensive sets. He could be a killer high post option if he would catch, turn and shoot.

Way too early to give up on him but he does need some major refining.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's the best rebounder on the team. Only player who can rebound in traffic or get a ball out of his area.

But........He needs to block out better and isn't efficient in the offensive sets. He could be a killer high post option if he would catch, turn and shoot.

Way too early to give up on him but he does need some major refining.
Succinct and accurate scouting report. Facey, for as gifted as he is, just doesn't yet know how to use his body in traffic.

You can tell that he and Brimah just haven't played a ton of hoops. That leaves lots of room for improvement.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Succinct and accurate scouting report. Facey, for as gifted as he is, just doesn't yet know how to use his body in traffic.

You can tell that he and Brimah just haven't played a ton of hoops. That leaves lots of room for improvement.

Which means they aren't used to playing with each other. I don't think either one has a low BBIQ, they're still green. Once they learn each others tendencies on offense and defense, they can be lethal. I firmly believe by March 2016 they will be a dominant tandem. In the meantime appreciate the growth pains.

Reaction Score
I've said it before but he costs us at least 3-5 possessions per game fighting teammates for boards.

Reaction Score
We can gripe and bitch about one guy at a time and all it says is we need everyone to get better. Need a few better players too, but in the meantime each guy has a job to do and that's to come back stronger, hungrier and more refined as a player period. That goes for each and every guy, no one gets a pass so far this year.

Reaction Score
I've said it before but he costs us at least 3-5 possessions per game fighting teammates for boards.
Yes, for some reason you continue to state that despite the fact you have completely made it up. Last time it was 2-3 possessions. Now it's up to 3-5 possessions. How many possessions will it be the next time?

Reaction Score
Yes, for some reason you continue to state that despite the fact you have completely made it up. Last time it was 2-3 possessions. Now it's up to 3-5 possessions. How many possessions will it be the next time?
Like a child or a chick (or both) the way he exaggerates

Reaction Score
All of them.

Reaction Score

Especially since it's Hamilton more often than Facey.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This team needs more scoring options. Two scorers doesn't cut it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We have 2?
No, I mean next year when we have Adams and Hamilton with this season under his belt. All this talk about our bright future with Brimah, Facey and Enoch, I'm just not seeimg it. We need to get Mustapha Heron or a similar type player who can take over a game when needed.

Reaction Score
I agree, but Facey is invisible on the floor, he sits in the weak side looking for loose balls for easy put backs, etc. He can't play facing the basket or with his back to it. I think he rebounds ok for his position, how many should a starting 4 get?

I don't like either his or T Sam's games, but can understand why they play given the talent level which is a reflection of the crappy league and its impact on recruiting.

We can gripe and bitch about one guy at a time and all it says is we need everyone to get better. Need a few better players too, but in the meantime each guy has a job to do and that's to come back stronger, hungrier and more refined as a player period. That goes for each and every guy, no one gets a pass so far this year.

Reaction Score
I think KF lack of offense is by design. His role is mainly setting picks. And since he is not used in a pick and pop role he gets very few opportunities to shoot. He has taken a few shots when he gets the ball around the foul line . But that is it. Otherwise his offense can only come from the offensive glass. I hope KO gets him more involved in the future.

Reaction Score
Make a decent move? Umm, no. He can contribute by playing on the weak side and being active for put backs or touches off double teams.

Quite frankly, Facey needs more post touches. He is the one guy who can actually catch the ball and make a decent move.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Facey needs more post touches. He is the one guy who can actually catch the ball and make a decent move.

Problem Chief is being able to and wanting to are 2 different things. Every time he gets it in position to do something with it his first thought is pass, not shoot. Even after a nice offensive rebound where he deserves to go back up he throws it back out mostly. Can't run offense through someone who doesn't have the confidence I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Especially since it's Hamilton more often than Facey.

That's only because despite being a wing and on the perimeter he is our best rebounder. His nose for the ball is good with me even if he is fighting for a rebound with his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom