Expectations for April 11 | The Boneyard

Expectations for April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
sitting in an airport bar, heading out of CT for a few days... Time to sit and think, and looking forward to some football.

In a few weeks we will see the end of spring practice. Haven't heard if any practices are open this year, so expecting to stand on a snow bank and see the guys hit the field.

I want to see who they ID as first and second string QB, and I want to see how we line up the first string o-line.

Not sure what type of exhibition they have planned either.

What is everyone looking for from the spring game?

(Tailgate menu included...)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
All I'm really hoping for is a glimmer of hope at the QB position. I'm not particularly picky as to whether it comes from Boyle, Shirreffs, or Davis. In an ideal world, Shirreffs is clearly the answer and Davis shows promise for the future.

Reaction Score
QB throwing accuracy and Mobility

Always looking for new tailgating food ideas

Reaction Score
I'm looking for an actual scrimmage, as that will reflect we have the depth we all know we need.

I want to see the guys up front get after it.

I want to see someone really surprise to the upside.

I want to see some separation at OLB

I'm less concerned about QB - throwing w/a red jersey on against your buddies is not akin to playing on Saturdays in the fall.

I would like to see the sun, less than gale force winds, and a decent turnout

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm less concerned about QB - throwing w/a red jersey on against your buddies is not akin to playing on Saturdays in the fall.

The problem is that in the last few years we haven't even seen a quarterback besides Cochran look decent with the red jersey on.

Reaction Score
A lot of coaching improvement.

A lot more agility and quickness from the OL.

An O that looks like it has a sense of flow and identity.

Kids that are having fun playing the game and loving to make big plays.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Expectations?

None.

I had a very bold and exteme expectation for last season. The request? I wanted the game to be in the fourth qtr before my first WTF? face palm of the game. How'd that go? First time the team touched the ball it was a fumble returned for six. My 45 minutes of game time before face palm was obliterated in less than 4 minutes. To rub it in worst the team repeated that face palm the next four games.

I'm jaded from coach speak over the past seasons that hasn't translated in to anything being a good on-field product. Plus there are too many variables from the practices leading up to the spring game. Format for the spring game can literally change 2 days before the game due to injuries.

With those caveats, I'm looking for the players to look more like football players. I'd like to see arms that look like they've been in a weight room.

I'd like to see WR's fight for space and make catches. If you can put your hands on the ball, it should be a catch.

I'd like to see an OLine that communicates and doesn't open up like a sieve. I know the defense is usually ahead of the offense and can wreak havoc depending on the rules, but I'd like to see the line work like a unit.

RB's that don't fumble.

Reaction Score
Expectations?

None.

I had a very bold and exteme expectation for last season. The request? I wanted the game to be in the fourth qtr before my first WTF? face palm of the game. How'd that go? First time the team touched the ball it was a fumble returned for six. My 45 minutes of game time before face palm was obliterated in less than 4 minutes. To rub it in worst the team repeated that face palm the next four games.

I'm jaded from coach speak over the past seasons that hasn't translated in to anything being a good on-field product. Plus there are too many variables from the practices leading up to the spring game. Format for the spring game can literally change 2 days before the game due to injuries.

With those caveats, I'm looking for the players to look more like football players. I'd like to see arms that look like they've been in a weight room.

I'd like to see WR's fight for space and make catches. If you can put your hands on the ball, it should be a catch.

I'd like to see an OLine that communicates and doesn't open up like a sieve. I know the defense is usually ahead of the offense and can wreak havoc depending on the rules, but I'd like to see the line work like a unit.

RB's that don't fumble.
There is one and he saw majority of the carries over the last half/third of the season. Ron Johnson. I see big things for him this coming season. One year older, bigger, stronger, more familiar with the playbook and a full year in the nutritional/weight training program. He's got a lot of ability and runs hard.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am curious to see how the overall team's shape is as in conditioning and how much bigger they have gotten since Dec. My guess is it will be very vanilla on offense and defense until near the end and then we will see some decent football for a spring game

Reaction Score
I will be on the beach in Puerto Rico. Do we know if anyone is going to cover it on TV so I can tape it?

Reaction Score
Show the fans some promise.

Open the playbook.

We've got nothing to hide. I wouldn't anticipate this years opponents having "spy's" in the stands taking notes to get an "upper hand" for planning schemes for when they face UConn this Fall.

Hoping I can walk out of the stadium that day with an exclamation of "wow!" in a good way

Reaction Score
I have zero expectations, therefore I will not be dissappointed or surprised (what a pathetic state of mind to be in).

What I'd like to see some sort of an identity emerge (a positive identity). I'm still trying to figure out Diaco's OC hire. I mean Northern Iowa didn't view the man as OC material. WTF. I hope I am more wrong than I have ever been in my life on this, but if I'm betting today I'm putting $$ on Nova come August.

It's been a long winter, and it's gonna be an even longer offseason.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Last season when I was on the field after the Spring Game, the players looked noticeably more toned/ripped than in years past. I hope that that trend continues and I am dwarfed by our FR giants and guys who have been with Coach Balis over a year.

As for the game itself, I am keeping my fingers crossed for no injuries first and foremost. Would love to see some of what Shirreffs and Davis can do, but I understand that the plays will be vanilla. I'm also looking forward to seeing who lines up as our first team DBs and LBs. And I'm hoping to see some grass on the field.

Reaction Score
Last season when I was on the field after the Spring Game, the players looked noticeably more toned/ripped than in years past. I hope that that trend continues and I am dwarfed by our FR giants and guys who have been with Coach Balis over a year.

As for the game itself, I am keeping my fingers crossed for no injuries first and foremost. Would love to see some of what Shirreffs and Davis can do, but I understand that the plays will be vanilla. I'm also looking forward to seeing who lines up as our first team DBs and LBs. And I'm hoping to see some grass on the field.[/QUOTE

This

Reaction Score
I'm expecting a heavy dose of running to try and show of hopefully an improved line. I think you see Sheriffs and Davis have designed run plays and Boyle to have some more confidence

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Coaches getting plays in prior to the play clock expiring...
The return of the DJ...(JK)
Ron Johnson running over people...
LB's not lettting Ron Johnson run them over...
The return of the howling dogs...(JK)

QB play.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I will be on the beach in Puerto Rico. Do we know if anyone is going to cover it on TV so I can tape it?
Tape it? JMoney, you still using a VCR?? :p

Reaction Score
Tape it? JMoney, you still using a VCR?? :p

I don't even have a DVD player anymore, but showing my age lol. ;)

Is it going to be on so I can use my iPhone to set a recording on the DirecTV app? Which I can then watch while in PR via Slingbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom