Expanded Football Blog Items | The Boneyard

Expanded Football Blog Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The interviews with players will definitely make me wanna come to the blog more often. I really enjoy the interviews with recruits and seeing their mindset coming in. I'd like to see how the team feels, thinks and acts now.

Also, I'd like to see a full line of BY apparal :)

Reaction Score
The school doesn't give blog writers press passes.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Couple of things I would suggest

- Updating the opponent message boards drop down so we can see what our new conference mates are up to
- If that can't be done, maybe we could add an overall AAC board on here for topics related to other conference members?
- It would be cool to get some sort of big recruiting board/scholarship breakdown going, maybe work with @huskymedic to keep it updated since he does something similar on the recruiting board
- A running twitter feed on the side that featured tweets from UConnFootball, American Athletic Conference Football, Des, John Silver, etc
- Something else I've been thinking about too and I've noticed this since I came to UConn is the lack of UConn Football highlight videos/full games on YouTube. I know TCF does basketball highlight videos and I've asked him about football but he says he doesn't have any football video. If we could get someone with video editing experience to make a couple of cool videos or at least upload full games to YouTube that UConn wins that would be great.

The last thing I would suggest is that the links to the blog become more obvious on the message board site. I'm not sure if they are already linked to the top of the message board but I know when I came here I didn't realize this site was a blog until about two weeks after I came to the site. Maybe I'm just dumb but obviously it can't hurt. Also is there a boneyard twitter handle/facebook page? Tweeting the links/uploading them to facebook would be great exposure for the league.

Actually I have one more suggestion too. Maybe changing the style of articles (regular articles, "discussion" format, Q+A format, video answer, etc) Just interesting to mix it up.

I appreciate all the work you all do and I can't believe exactly ONE MONTH from today we'll be lacing it up against the coogs. Go Huskies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Matt absolutely should get a press pass. He's tweeted and wrote more things to support UCONN football in the past few months than some members of our horde has written in over a decade. His 2007-Present tweets are a perfect example of what kind of stuff needs to be written about UCONN football but isn't.

But hey, I'm looking forward to our annual BC preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom